You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Warship Wednesday - First Ship of the Day

26 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
896 posts
5,932 battles

Image result for battleship scharnhorst

*pictured - German battleship Scharnhorst at sea in 1935*

Which ship do you play your first battle in?

Whether it's a ship you are currently grinding XP, trying to earn credits, or using a ship you're most comfortable with, different captains have their preference for starting their World of Warships day.

Whether it's random, ranked, or PvE battles, some of the Fleet need a shakedown cruise to get started while others can jump into the fray and start grinding along.

For the first battle of the day, which ship gets the call to go off and fight?

"This ship is built to fight. You had better know how." - Arleigh Burke, US Navy

#warshipwednesday

#anchorsaweigh

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,138 battles

I usually start by busting out something fun to get back into the groove, mainly Fiji, Scharnhorst or Guilo Cesare. 

If that goes well, then Hindy for Ranked. Else, the next grinding ship - currently Mogami.

• Cool 1

[BLHK]
Members
348 posts
3,437 battles

If I am grinding - which ever ship it needs to be.

If I am not - usually the St. Louis. Usually the more gimmicky a ship is the more I feel I need to warm up first. With St Louis what you see is what you get. No gimmicks, just steel and death.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
7,709 battles

Budyonny in Random - well-rounded, fun with fires, and whatever tier match I find myself in it's still fun.

Had some internet issues over the last few weeks, so was starting with a CoOp round or two in case I got kicked right at game start and join the battle about 2 minutes in.  For them, it's secondary fun with Massachusetts to start things off :Smile_coin:

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,675 posts
3,924 battles

Nevermind I misread that OP hahaha.

First ship I play in is usually the one I played last during the grind the day before. Currently that's a german cruiser.

• Cool 1

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,557 posts
3,539 battles

If I'm credit grinding then I start with the Texas and work myself through all my premiums

If I'm grinding a line I start with the ship I'm working on till I get bored

Other than that if I'm not running anything important I'll run my Clemson or Wyoming first for fun

• Cool 1

[MWM]
Supertester
261 posts
6,833 battles

Usually I have a few that I am grinding. Example I have 4 ships at the moment so I just roll my 4 sided dice and let power of Gygax decide which I play first... or I just play my Gremyashchy. Love Gremy so much I named my cat after that ship. 

gremy icon.jpg

• Cool 3

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

Usually its the Gaede. Current DD line being grinded. 

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,675 posts
3,924 battles

The bigger question should be why is nobody mentioning nor conversing like it's International Talk Like A Pirate Day?

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,069 battles

Mine is the Scharnhorst. It's a fun and comfortable ship to play with. I play it to test my connection/performance before hopping into higher-tier ships.

• Cool 1

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
1 hour ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

The bigger question should be why is nobody mentioning nor conversing like it's International Talk Like A Pirate Day?

Got the flag today as I'm sure alot of players have. 

• Cool 1

[SVF]
[SVF]
Beta Testers
48 posts
4,078 battles

Usually, if I plan to play randoms and any divmates aren't planning to immediately go higher tier, I tend to start out with Myoko. Always comes off as eager, chomping at the bit to get into the action.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,730 posts
7,466 battles

What ever ship(s) I'm focused on grinding at the time. Today, it is Leander (should get Fiji today), Fushun, QE and Neuve de Julio. I have T6-T8 is all the lines except US CAs where I have Des Moines. So I'm always grinding something.

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
9,675 posts
3,924 battles
3 hours ago, Sped_Gax said:

Got the flag today as I'm sure alot of players have. 

I just did after randomly doing the chain. Well then, I sit corrected.

Members
13 posts
2,406 battles

Well if there is not an event that I want something out of it. like the Anniversary event that just ended, I start off with my tier 1 ship and go up the tiers to end with my tier 8 Tirpitz. I try to give all the ships that I own their time to shine.  

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,449 posts
8,107 battles

Outside of grinds and Captain training (that second one I'm going to be doing a lot of thanks to 200% xp and well.... I was way behind on training them in some lines more than I thought)

Scharn, Arizona, Kami clones, Musashi, Gascogne, with a few others occasionally mixed in based more on "eh lets play that". Namely because when I play them, and someone comes after me, my mind goes to -

come-son-of-jor-el-kneel-before-lod-tbt-

Namely cause my stats aren't that great to be full Terrance Stamp Zod. Other than maybe Arizona that has over 60% after 100 battles. 

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
215 posts
4,372 battles

Nelson is often a good first game choice of mine. She's that special mix of difficult and forgiving that makes her good for warmups and fun. She's easily the ship I feel the most comfy in, if not the most confident overall. Sure, she doesn't always perform perfectly, but that's not really her fault. CV wants to chomp down on me? I probably went somewhere I shouldn't have. Sudden DD? Why even? Clearly I'm out of position. Burnt to the ground? YOU HAD ONE JOB, ME!

My general Nelson play style involves being a big, juicy, lasting distraction, while also keeping from getting to ranges that my cit can't bounce shells, as the thing is made of paper mache. If I didn't get fireproof and dreadnought by the end, I most likely died. It's like taking out Bismarck to farm CQEs for the flags, but with being a raging inferno, and I love it.

• Cool 1

[AMISH]
Beta Testers
98 posts
5,987 battles
13 hours ago, Malarkey_ said:

Usually I have a few that I am grinding. Example I have 4 ships at the moment so I just roll my 4 sided dice and let power of Gygax decide which I play first... or I just play my Gremyashchy. Love Gremy so much I named my cat after that ship. 

I didn't name my cat after a boat (although maybe I SHOULD have) but I agree that I usually run whatever one I'm currently grinding for my first game of the day.  If I'm not in the mood for that, I'll usually run the Arkansas Beta as a first game as I just love that ship.

Mr. Sparky.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
242 posts
646 battles

Well, I always start out with a Destroyer, focusing on not dying and getting used to leading targets again. Right now that generally means the Z-23, which I am grinding.

Then I do a match with a Battleship because they are low-stress but require planning ahead. Always my Alabama, never have a bad time in her.

Then I do a match in a Cruiser to see if I'm warmed up and ready or not. Normally the Emile Bertin because she is my only Kraken and her slow-moving turrets and light armor aren't very forgiving to mistakes. 

• Cool 1

[BARON]
Beta Testers
89 posts
4,783 battles

First ship I begin every session with atm is the Kitakaze. I try to get my first win in her, then I hop into a tier X to do ranked(and work on legendary modules). I really like the KItakaze, I usually don't keep tier IX's with very few exceptions but I'll keep her.

• Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
358 posts
2,270 battles
21 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

I know me be a day late, but a pirate shows up on his own time!

Yarr! Me first ship o' the day be a destroyer or light cruiser! Gives a mighty nice warmup to me timbers. Yarr!

Remember me hearties, do what you want for a pirate is free, you are a pirate!