You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: RN Event Crates - Expensive + Very Low DD Mission Drop Rate BEWARE!

117 comments in this topic

[NGAGE]
Supertester
2,129 posts
12,276 battles
23 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It's an oversite on their part. Has to do with Warspite being on sale overlapping with the RN Event which ends up giving the sale price in doubloons vs the stated full 6500. They are issuing the 1950 doubloons difference to people once the sale ends in a few days.

Ahh I missed that announcement, thanks :cap_like:

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,162 posts
23 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

If anyone gets the t8 mission from buying a single container or  a pack of 5 please post it. I want to know if its possible. 

I didn't buy ANY crates I did get the Acasta  mission from the two containers I got completing two missions just now

[ARGSY]
Members
13,942 posts
9,001 battles

Datum: I completed Directive #1 tonight, walked away with two RN crates, and scored the Acasta unlock on the second.

Members
4 posts
868 battles
On 9/19/2018 at 3:49 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Ok, so as I usually do when a new event comes out that has crates in the shop I buy a bunch for the flags, camo, collection pieces, etc... If they offer ships or ship missions that is a bonus and not why I buy them. IMO these new RN crates are over priced for what you get (should have been 10 flags and 10 camo not 5 based on the price compared to previous event crates) and the fact these are just standard ships and not premiums. I bought some anyway however as I am low on flags and I wanted to help our clan out with some oil towards the clan base rebuild. 

So with the crates I bought dropping a lot of sovereigns I used those to go in the shop and buy Warspite and Gallant for the doubloon value (forget exact amount but it is 9K+ total as I recall - 4K something for each) as I already had them. I then grabbed the alternate Gallant perma camo. Once I was done with that I used my remaining sovereigns to buy 5 packs of the regular crates like we will be able to win (60 sovereigns for a 5 pack). I then just kept buying crates and then using those sovereigns to buy more until I ran out. My goal was to get as much clan oil as I could because I didn't need anything else in the RN Arsenal.

So that brings me to the 2 main points of this post...

1. These containers offer average value at best. While not as overpriced as the Go Navy event ones were these offer very little for that big price tag. The actual content is good but WG nerfed the awarded #'s of the flags and camos heavily so the value just isn't really there. I would say the value equates to breaking even for $ spent or maybe be into + territory by a hair. It certainly isn't a great value like some of the others have been. The French BB event is the most comparable to this one and those containers were a much better value. Be aware if you will buy crates you are not doubling or more your investment as we have been able to do in the past. Not even close and not even with doubloons for Gallant and Warspite.
  2. Be aware the drop rate is extremely low for the DD Missions in these crates and especially the regular/arsenal ones. Lowest I have ever seen for this type of thing. In the ones in the past I have always received every mission and got them long before I stopped getting/opening crates. I was only able to get 3 of the 4 missions for this. While the missions were not the reason I bought crates I did expect to get them tbh. I was able to get the T5/T6/T7 Missions but not the T8. I literally opened HUNDREDS of crates (premium and regular/arsenal combined). The 3 Missions came from the premium crates. Not 1 from the regular/arsenal ones and I easily opened like 3X's as many of those.  The drop rate is just very low.

So if you want to buy these crates in the premium shop understand you are really only getting spent value. No massive extra value like we have seen in the past. This is a break even or slightly profit event. And if you expect to get the DD's be prepared for a very low drop rate. IF you will only get the regular/arsenal crates through game play ( earned and with sovereigns from those in the arsenal) understand the missions are very scarce.

Don't regret the purchases made today at all. Not what this is about. My flags and camo supplies are in good shape again and I was able to help the clan with a good chunk of oil for the overhaul of the base so I did what I wanted. I will admit though I was surprised, and even a bit disappointed, that the DD missions didn't all drop. With the # of crates opened I should have picked up that T8 for the 4th and final mission.  It felt like waiting for a SC that never arrived. 

Hope this helps and good luck to all. :Smile_honoring:

EDIT - Warspite gives 4550 doubloons and Gallant gives 4500 so 9050 doubloons in total for the 2 if you have them already.

as someone else might have mentioed already, the reduced dubbloons is due to the anniversary sale. once that falls off the dubbies will go back to nromal

also, i got the acasta mission after opening 5 premium crates. so the chanse per ship likely goes down as you go up in tier. also, the ship is like a permium ship, all modules are researched and paid for already. does not come with premium camo, the acasta doesnt even HAVE premium camo available for dubbies

Edited by Ghaelon

[ARGSY]
Members
13,942 posts
9,001 battles
2 hours ago, Ghaelon said:

as someone else might have mentioed already, the reduced dubbloons is due to the anniversary sale. once that falls off the dubbies will go back to nromal

also, i got the acasta mission after opening 5 premium crates. so the chanse per ship likely goes down as you go up in tier. also, the ship is like a permium ship, all modules are researched and paid for already. does not come with premium camo, the acasta doesnt even HAVE premium camo available for dubbies

She stops becoming a premium (insofar as captain postings are concerned) at the end of this patch, so unless you intend to leave the captain there, get him back to his original ship before the patch drops.

[4HIM]
Members
2,588 posts
8,656 battles
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:49 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Be aware the drop rate is extremely low for the DD Missions in these crates and especially the regular/arsenal ones. Lowest I have ever seen for this type of thing. In the ones in the past I have always received every mission and got them long before I stopped getting/opening crates. I was only able to get 3 of the 4 missions for this. While the missions were not the reason I bought crates I did expect to get them tbh. I was able to get the T5/T6/T7 Missions but not the T8. I literally opened HUNDREDS of crates (premium and regular/arsenal combined). The 3 Missions came from the premium crates. Not 1 from the regular/arsenal ones and I easily opened like 3X's as many of those.  The drop rate is just very low.

The pitiful drop rate for those missions is why I never bought any when they had the French BB line come out.  Of all the crates I earned in game, I only got one for the Bretagne, and that was on the last day they dropped.  Think I'll pass on these as well.  

[4HIM]
Members
2,588 posts
8,656 battles
12 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

That luck. OMG! RIGGED!

Streamers and CC's post these crate openings every time WG puts them up for sale.  I buy the same number of crates and just get stuff that I never would have paid for in the first place.  

Members
4 posts
868 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

She stops becoming a premium (insofar as captain postings are concerned) at the end of this patch, so unless you intend to leave the captain there, get him back to his original ship before the patch drops.

captain? i would assume it works like any other ship. once it loses its premium status putting a new captain on it means i have to retrain it. the one it comes with i dismissed.

[ARGSY]
Members
13,942 posts
9,001 battles
10 minutes ago, Ghaelon said:

captain? i would assume it works like any other ship. once it loses its premium status putting a new captain on it means i have to retrain it. the one it comes with i dismissed.

We're on the same wavelength. What I'm trying to prevent is salt mines opening when people temporarily put 19 pointers or other high-rollers in these ships to seal-club, then find themselves with a hideous retraining bill they never expected when the 7.10 patch drops and they revert to tech tree status.

If you intend to leave the new captain there forever, that's another matter.

[PVE]
Members
9,654 posts
17,216 battles

I FINALLY got the mission for the T8 Lightning. Got it from a crate I picked up in the arsenal using sovereigns I have won. I have opened well over 150 of the regular crates (might be over 200 by now?) before it finally dropped.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
9,271 posts
13,023 battles

Bought the 20 pack. Picked up the tier 5 and 6 missions. So... Meh not bad not great. 

[CAP]
Members
139 posts
8,203 battles

250 crates - 120 premium and still no Lightning mission. Got the first three missions in the first 20 crates. I'm done, I tried. I don't even want to grind out 16k base xp if I did get the mission. I'll say my $ and decide if I'm not bitter enough to buy it as a premium. Really disappointed with this part of the event. I think the concurrent tasks are great - legendary modules should be concurrent also.

Members
4 posts
2,372 battles
On 9/19/2018 at 5:50 PM, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

If anyone gets the t8 mission from buying a single container or  a pack of 5 please post it. I want to know if its possible. 

I bought a 20 crate load and got all 4 missions, the first day it was offered.

[AHOY_]
Members
1,021 posts
13,241 battles
On 9/19/2018 at 4:53 PM, b101uk said:

me? I have had Warspite a long time, and as I wanted some more doubloons for things, I got the duplicate Warspite in the arsenal via the using 220 tokens from the crates, on the basis I would get the 6500 doubloons as stated clearly in the text in the arsenal and articles on the WoWS web portal, but I only got ~4550 doubloons.

u needed t`op wait` for after the sale on the ship ended.  then you would of got 6500.

[BAD]
[BAD]
Beta Testers
32 posts
3,306 battles

I've gotten 18 RN crates from just grinding the missions.  Haven't bought any premium crates or any with doubloons.

0 dd missions so far.