You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: RN Event Crates - Expensive + Very Low DD Mission Drop Rate BEWARE!

117 comments in this topic

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
531 posts
3,318 battles

250 crates and no ships so far.  I just keep getting these weird Japanese collection items.  I'm going to soldier on and keep trying.

• Funny 2

[EGIRL]
Members
585 posts
5,656 battles
4 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

giphy.gif

Rofl. You think we should tell him that he's buying the wrong crates?

[P-V-E]
Members
1,279 posts
53 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Turn in a support ticket. It does absolutely say 6500

done, we will see what they say.

Beta Testers
1,310 posts
7,049 battles

I bought the 40 Pack

Opening the 40 I got the Tier 5/6/8

I used some of the Sovereigns to buy 20 basic packs from the Royal Navy Arsenal area and got the Tier 7 there.

Hope this helps.

Beta Testers
1,310 posts
7,049 battles
1 hour ago, FlakKnight said:

250 crates and no ships so far.  I just keep getting these weird Japanese collection items.  I'm going to soldier on and keep trying.

You're kidding right?

[PVE]
Members
17,131 posts
10,908 battles
4 minutes ago, verkhne said:

20 crates  only freakin  Acasta whoop dee doo......thx WG

Well they are RARE drops.

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
243 posts

So I will put the money that i was thinking of spending on the 40 crates into the santa crate fund during Christmas time. Hopefully those crates will offer the same value as the past few years.

Members
1,617 posts
9,480 battles
5 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

You should have wait with the Warspite. She is worth 6500 gold but you got 30% less because of the anniversary sale. 

For the RN DD's: RNG is RNG. 

Yep, i bought the warspite with doubloons.  Assuming you get enough points from free crates over the next 3 months, i will get getting the warspite from the arsenal.  meaning i will gain some 2k doubloons on top of what i get back. 

[NSC]
Members
182 posts
7,791 battles

I bought 20 crates, got everything but the Jervis in the first five crates, then go the Jervis in the 13th crate...

[INTEL]
Members
2,364 posts
12,361 battles

Bought 20. Got Acasta, Icarus and Lightning. All three dropped in the first 5 boxes I opened. 

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts
4 hours ago, Krautjaeger said:

To put the 40-pack in to perspective. I got 220 camos which is the same as 17600 doubloons and 180 special flags which is the same as 14400 doubloons. So 32000 doubloons worth of loot on that alone. Then you 600 Sovereigns which you can get 11600 doubloons worth, or doubloons directly if you already own them, for Warspite/Gallant. So we're then up to 43600 doubloons worth of loot and 180 Sovereigns to spare.Lets say you get 45 camos for the rest and that'll be another 3600 doubloons for a total of 47200 doubloons for the price of 23850. That's about 50% discount there alone. Then comes the added bonus if you are lucky with the UK DD lottery, where you can get up to somewhere around 17 million credits worth of tier 5-8 ships which if you get all four will add another 11300-ish worth of doubloon value to the mix. The latter here is just pure lottery, you may get none, one, few or all.

Still, even if you do not get any or few UK DD missions it is a good haul, good discount.

How can I sell the camo for dubloons?

Beta Testers
1,310 posts
7,049 battles
38 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

I got 45 crates and got the t5,6,7 not t8.....MEH

You can use some Sovereigns to buy more packs.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,458 posts
22,976 battles

Got 10 container and wasn't dissapointed: T5, T7,T8 missions.

So I have 65 camos for the next ship line, and extra short grind to T10 when they hit the server, 35 good dragon flags and 75 tokens. This could earn me enough for the Warspite and the Gallant. Since I own both , this will be an extra 12k gold for the New Year sale.

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts

20 crates.. only t5,t6 missions.  Very Disappointed.  You would think dropping 60 bucks on the game would get you all 4 automatically.

Edited by JonnyFreedom

[DIEBL]
Members
570 posts
6,904 battles

5 crates for Acasta.  Good enough for me.

My tip: if you wouldn’t spend money on the French containers today for a shot at getting missions for free tech BBs, you probably shouldn’t buy RN containers.  These ships will all be available shortly and its the exact same premise.

[KOOKS]
Modder
685 posts
3,448 battles
9 hours ago, JonnyFreedom said:

How can I sell the camo for dubloons?

You can't, this exercise was to convert to sum up a doubloon value for a buy. You can sell them for credits.

Members
402 posts
3,958 battles

I bought the 40 pack. Got all (4) Bonus Mission Quests for the DD's. Acasta, Icarus, Jervis, and Lightning. Cheers!

If I wanted to recoup money, I could always (re)purchase the Warspite and get myself the doubloon value out of it. Options are great, aren't they!?

20180919_184816.jpg

20180919_184855.jpg

20180919_185106.jpg

20180919_185342.jpg

Edited by ARandomClaymore

[GREEK]
Members
1,007 posts
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Welcome to Loot Boxes.

It's 2008 all over again.

I can't wait till they outlaw loot boxes.  It will be the best thing to happen to gaming.  It is like the worst kind of microtransaction.  Anything that manipulates people into spending money where they normally wouldn't should be outlawed.