You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: RN Event Crates - Expensive + Very Low DD Mission Drop Rate BEWARE!

117 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,895 posts
10,708 battles

Ok, so as I usually do when a new event comes out that has crates in the shop I buy a bunch for the flags, camo, collection pieces, etc... If they offer ships or ship missions that is a bonus and not why I buy them. IMO these new RN crates are over priced for what you get (should have been 10 flags and 10 camo not 5 based on the price compared to previous event crates) and the fact these are just standard ships and not premiums. I bought some anyway however as I am low on flags and I wanted to help our clan out with some oil towards the clan base rebuild. 

So with the crates I bought dropping a lot of sovereigns I used those to go in the shop and buy Warspite and Gallant for the doubloon value (forget exact amount but it is 9K+ total as I recall - 4K something for each) as I already had them. I then grabbed the alternate Gallant perma camo. Once I was done with that I used my remaining sovereigns to buy 5 packs of the regular crates like we will be able to win (60 sovereigns for a 5 pack). I then just kept buying crates and then using those sovereigns to buy more until I ran out. My goal was to get as much clan oil as I could because I didn't need anything else in the RN Arsenal.

So that brings me to the 2 main points of this post...

1. These containers offer average value at best. While not as overpriced as the Go Navy event ones were these offer very little for that big price tag. The actual content is good but WG nerfed the awarded #'s of the flags and camos heavily so the value just isn't really there. I would say the value equates to breaking even for $ spent or maybe be into + territory by a hair. It certainly isn't a great value like some of the others have been. The French BB event is the most comparable to this one and those containers were a much better value. Be aware if you will buy crates you are not doubling or more your investment as we have been able to do in the past. Not even close and not even with doubloons for Gallant and Warspite.
  2. Be aware the drop rate is extremely low for the DD Missions in these crates and especially the regular/arsenal ones. Lowest I have ever seen for this type of thing. In the ones in the past I have always received every mission and got them long before I stopped getting/opening crates. I was only able to get 3 of the 4 missions for this. While the missions were not the reason I bought crates I did expect to get them tbh. I was able to get the T5/T6/T7 Missions but not the T8. I literally opened HUNDREDS of crates (premium and regular/arsenal combined). The 3 Missions came from the premium crates. Not 1 from the regular/arsenal ones and I easily opened like 3X's as many of those.  The drop rate is just very low.

EDIT - I FINALLY got the T8 Lightning Mission from a crate out of the arsenal. I have literally opened at least 150+ regular crates (might be over 200 by now?) and had the initial premium crates purchase. That T8 mission seems to be the hardest to get. So I now have them all. Already got the T5/T6/T7 missions done and have played the DD's. Time to work on the T8.

So if you want to buy these crates in the premium shop understand you are really only getting spent value. No massive extra value like we have seen in the past. This is a break even or slightly profit event. And if you expect to get the DD's be prepared for a very low drop rate. IF you will only get the regular/arsenal crates through game play ( earned and with sovereigns from those in the arsenal) understand the missions are very scarce.

Don't regret the purchases made today at all. Not what this is about. My flags and camo supplies are in good shape again and I was able to help the clan with a good chunk of oil for the overhaul of the base so I did what I wanted. I will admit though I was surprised, and even a bit disappointed, that the DD missions didn't all drop. With the # of crates opened I should have picked up that T8 for the 4th and final mission.  It felt like waiting for a SC that never arrived. 

Hope this helps and good luck to all. :Smile_honoring:

EDIT - Warspite gives 4550 doubloons and Gallant gives 4500 so 9050 doubloons in total for the 2 if you have them already.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 20
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,895 posts
10,708 battles
Just now, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

How many premium crates did you buy? 

I never disclose what I spend on the game, sorry. I don't feel exact amounts and such are anyone's business. I will say however that I bought a decent amount of them. Not $500 worth or anything crazy like that but a good amount. I also had a LOT of the crates I got out of the arsenal I was able to get with sovereigns.  I opened HUNDREDS of crates with just 3 of the 4 missions received. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,816 posts
10,379 battles
17 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I then grabbed the alternate Gallant perma camo.

Would you mind putting up a pic of it? The one on the website used the picture of Gallant's original permacamo... so I've not seen it.

18 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Be aware the drop rate is extremely low for the DD Missions in these crates and especially the regular/arsenal ones.

Very demoralizing, they really have just put a 1-month paylock on the RN DD branch.

My experience with the French regular containers was the same, I opened every single one of the 30+ free available ones for zero ship missions.

19 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

EDIT - Warspite gives 4550 doubloons and Gallant gives 44500 so 9050 doubloons in total for the 2 if you have them already.

6,500 was stated here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/royal-navy/

Why am I sadly not surprised?

• Cool 1

Members
855 posts
3,607 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I never disclose what I spend on the game, sorry. I don't feel exact amounts and such are anyone's business. I will say however that I bought a decent amount of them. Not $500 worth or anything crazy like that but a good amount. I also had a LOT of the crates I got out of the arsenal I was able to get with sovereigns.  I opened HUNDREDS of crates with just 3 of the 4 missions received. 

LOL that's just silly. Why does it matter, I'm trying to figure out if you bought the 20 pack or the other. One guy who bought the 20 pack got the same missions. Its important to figuring out if the t8 is only dropping in the most expensive pack. 

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,551 posts
4,422 battles
1 minute ago, mofton said:

Would you mind putting up a pic of it? The one on the website used the picture of Gallant's original permacamo... so I've not seen it.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,192 posts
18,932 battles
24 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Ok, so as I usually do when a new event comes out that has crates in the shop I buy a bunch for the flags, camo, collection pieces, etc... If they offer ships or ship missions that is a bonus and not why I buy them. IMO these new RN crates are over priced for what you get (should have been 10 flags and 10 camo not 5 based on the price compared to previous event crates) and the fact these are just standard ships and not premiums. I bought some anyway however as I am low on flags and I wanted to help our clan out with some oil towards the clan base rebuild. 

So with the crates I bought dropping a lot of sovereigns I used those to go in the shop and buy Warspite and Gallant for the doubloon value (forget exact amount but it is 9K+ total as I recall - 4K something for each) as I already had them. I then grabbed the alternate Gallant perma camo. Once I was done with that I used my remaining sovereigns to buy 5 packs of the regular crates like we will be able to win (60 sovereigns for a 5 pack). I then just kept buying crates and then using those sovereigns to buy more until I ran out. My goal was to get as much clan oil as I could because I didn't need anything else in the RN Arsenal.

So that brings me to the 2 main points of this post...

1. These containers offer average value at best. While not as overpriced as the Go Navy event ones were these offer very little for that big price tag. The actual content is good but WG nerfed the awarded #'s of the flags and camos heavily so the value just isn't really there. I would say the value equates to breaking even for $ spent or maybe be into + territory by a hair. It certainly isn't a great value like some of the others have been. The French BB event is the most comparable to this one and those containers were a much better value. Be aware if you will buy crates you are not doubling or more your investment as we have been able to do in the past. Not even close and not even with doubloons for Gallant and Warspite.
  2. Be aware the drop rate is extremely low for the DD Missions in these crates and especially the regular/arsenal ones. Lowest I have ever seen for this type of thing. In the ones in the past I have always received every mission and got them long before I stopped getting/opening crates. I was only able to get 3 of the 4 missions for this. While the missions were not the reason I bought crates I did expect to get them tbh. I was able to get the T5/T6/T7 Missions but not the T8. I literally opened HUNDREDS of crates (premium and regular/arsenal combined). The 3 Missions came from the premium crates. Not 1 from the regular/arsenal ones and I easily opened like 3X's as many of those.  The drop rate is just very low.

So if you want to buy these crates in the premium shop understand you are really only getting spent value. No massive extra value like we have seen in the past. This is a break even or slightly profit event. And if you expect to get the DD's be prepared for a very low drop rate. IF you will only get the regular/arsenal crates through game play ( earned and with sovereigns from those in the arsenal) understand the missions are very scarce.

Don't regret the purchases made today at all. Not what this is about. My flags and camo supplies are in good shape again and I was able to help the clan with a good chunk of oil for the overhaul of the base so I did what I wanted. I will admit though I was surprised, and even a bit disappointed, that the DD missions didn't all drop. With the # of crates opened I should have picked up that T8 for the 4th and final mission.  It felt like waiting for a SC that never arrived. 

Hope this helps and good luck to all. :Smile_honoring:

EDIT - Warspite gives 4550 doubloons and Gallant gives 4500 so 9050 doubloons in total for the 2 if you have them already.

You should have wait with the Warspite. She is worth 6500 gold but you got 30% less because of the anniversary sale. 

For the RN DD's: RNG is RNG. 

• Bad 1

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
6,074 battles

I don't see why the drop rates would be high - the goal is to offer limited early access and probably partially to help with final testing. Giving too many away would depopulate the low/mid tiers when release occurs and could potentially cause balance issues if the supertesters missed something. 

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
449 posts
1,962 battles

I got 40 containers and hit the mother-load, got all the UK DDs missions lined up. My guess is I got somewhere between 55-60.000 doubloons worth for the price of 23850, when you convert camos, flags, things you can get for Sovereigns and price of DDs converted from credits to doubloons (1:1500). It's a lottery, so you don't always get lucky.

Members
716 posts

I got 20 of the premium RN from the premium shop, got 3 of the 4 missions for the tier V, VI & VII RN DD's, ~120 of the union jack camo's and between 10 and 20 of each of the special flags, I also didn't get the full 6500 for a Warspite duplicate, d'oh.

[NSC]
Members
133 posts
5,306 battles

To clarify...you bought the warspite in the arsenal and didn't get it from crate, did you?

Members
855 posts
3,607 battles
29 minutes ago, MaxL_1023 said:

I don't see why the drop rates would be high - the goal is to offer limited early access and probably partially to help with final testing. Giving too many away would depopulate the low/mid tiers when release occurs and could potentially cause balance issues if the supertesters missed something. 

ROFL final testing? Brah, the only reason they are releasing lines this way is to farm money from whales who can't wait a month........

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Members
855 posts
3,607 battles
30 minutes ago, Krautjaeger said:

I got 40 containers and hit the mother-load, got all the UK DDs missions lined up. My guess is I got somewhere between 55-60.000 doubloons worth for the price of 23850, when you convert camos, flags, things you can get for Sovereigns and price of DDs converted from credits to doubloons (1:1500). It's a lottery, so you don't always get lucky.

So here we go, from the other post we have people who bought the 20 container pack and got missions for t5, t6, and t7 yet no t8. 

This guy bought the 40 pack and got the t8. Thus far its looking like the t8 mission is locked behind the 40 container pack. 

Members
716 posts
Just now, Stongatola said:

To clarify...you bought the warspite in the arsenal and didn't get it from crate, did you?

me? I have had Warspite a long time, and as I wanted some more doubloons for things, I got the duplicate Warspite in the arsenal via the using 220 tokens from the crates, on the basis I would get the 6500 doubloons as stated clearly in the text in the arsenal and articles on the WoWS web portal, but I only got ~4550 doubloons.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,885 posts
1,338 battles
7 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

ROFL final testing? Brah, the only reason they are releasing lines this way is to farm money from whales who can't wait a month........

If it works, it's their money, not yours, so not really something you to [edited] about.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,895 posts
10,708 battles
46 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

LOL that's just silly. Why does it matter, I'm trying to figure out if you bought the 20 pack or the other. One guy who bought the 20 pack got the same missions. Its important to figuring out if the t8 is only dropping in the most expensive pack. 

Yes I did get a 20 pack but that isn't what you asked me. You asked how much I spent. It's different. How much is no one's business but mine. What kind I got I will answer. :Smile_honoring:

And it is not silly. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

Members
855 posts
3,607 battles
Just now, mavfin87 said:

If it works, it's their money, not yours, so not really something you to [edited] about.

I don't care, I'm just stating the reason why they do it that way. I have spent enough on this game to last me a life time

Members
855 posts
3,607 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes I did get a 20 pack but that isn't what you asked me. You asked how much I spent. It's different. How much is no one's business but mine. What kind I got I will answer. :Smile_honoring:

And it is not silly. 

That is what I wanted to know, thanks. So far from people polled all the people that got the 20 pack got t5, 6 and 7 missions and the only confirmed t8 came out of the 40 pack. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,895 posts
10,708 battles
40 minutes ago, Krautjaeger said:

I got 3 of the 4 from the premiums as said but nothing from the regular crates in the arsenal and I opened a butt load of those LOL. Congrat's on all 4.

• Cool 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,571 battles

That is very good to know. Though I only go for the containers, for the oil, for my clan base. So I won't be disappointed if I don't get anything particularly useful. Now... if only I didn't have to pay for repairs to a car...

• Bad 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,895 posts
10,708 battles
13 minutes ago, Stongatola said:

IT doesn't come from the crates. You use the sovereigns you get from the crates to buy it in the arsenal.

[13CLM]
Members
218 posts
1,229 battles

I purchased 5 boxes and received 2 personal combat missions. It sounds like I lucked out.

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 5.58.07 PM.png

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,895 posts
10,708 battles
2 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

That is what I wanted to know, thanks. So far from people polled all the people that got the 20 pack got t5, 6 and 7 missions and the only confirmed t8 came out of the 40 pack. 

I got a 40 pak too - no T8