You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kittredge

vote kick bad gamers

26 comments in this topic

[KITT]
Members
48 posts
4,171 battles

Why can't we have the ability to vote kick bad gamers, I just played a game with someone who flooded our game with F texts I prt scrned and he avoided it. 

• Boring 2
  • Bad 7

[D_INC]
[D_INC]
Members
30 posts
2,328 battles

Wouldn't that be nice!!

Members
569 posts
2 minutes ago, kittredge said:

Why can't we have the ability to vote kick bad gamers, I just played a game with someone who flooded our game with F texts I prt scrned and he avoided it. 

78d6Kw3.gif

you won't like it when a division votes you out

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
11 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

This will not only result in turning pink, which some players think it not a big deal, but the system does keep track of how many times you do it and too many times will result in a ban. But, if you are already pink or if it's too much damage, it will reflect the damage back onto you and still turn you pink...

So no, problem isn't solved and you just gave bad advice.

• Cool 2

[-TKS-]
Members
303 posts
6,028 battles
1 minute ago, BURN_Miner said:

This will not only result in turning pink, which some players think it not a big deal, but the system does keep track of how many times you do it and too many times will result in a ban. But, if you are already pink or if it's too much damage, it will reflect the damage back onto you and still turn you pink...

So no, problem isn't solved and you just gave bad advice.

well your not killing teammates every game so going pink every couple of weeks is fine .

Members
906 posts
10 battles
3 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

78d6Kw3.gif

you won't like it when a division votes you out

When people post funny responses like yours, I always get a mental image of what they say. In your case I see a poor guy slamming his headphone down on his desk and throwing his mouse and cursing on how he got kicked by his own division lol.

• Funny 1

Members
569 posts
1 minute ago, UssIowaSailor said:

When people post funny responses like yours, I always get a mental image of what they say. In your case I see a poor guy slamming his headphone down on his desk and throwing his mouse and cursing on how he got kicked by his own division lol.

The mental image you should be seeing is how a vote from your peers or the bullies would reflect upon your enjoyment.

Members
906 posts
10 battles
3 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

The mental image you should be seeing is how a vote from your peers or the bullies would reflect upon your enjoyment.

lol naaaaaa watching a dude freak out like WingsofRedemption because they got kicked is more fun.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles
Just now, tcbaker777 said:

i foresee this thread being locked sooner than later

Yeah, while vote kicking can some times be useful in RPG MMO's that will bring in a new player waiting in the queue to get rid of the random idiot that constantly does a Leroy Jenkins before everyone is ready. Here though it could lead to griefing and it puts your team down a ship.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,875 posts
1,338 battles
33 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Has anyone been confirmed banned for being pinked to many times? 

People have been confirmed to being turned orange, and banished to Co-Op (and Clan Battles).

Members
3,806 posts
14,122 battles
40 minutes ago, kittredge said:

What WG needs to do is when a player's text is disabled, that player's F-keys are also disabled. This has been asked for several times on these forums.

This endlessly spamming the F-keys all through a battle is something that I've been seeing a lot of lately.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,875 posts
1,338 battles
4 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Why not just limit how many times you can F key in a given interval? You can mute players.

So if you F too often, you have to F off?

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,564 battles
8 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Why not just limit how many times you can F key in a given interval? You can mute players.

That's already implemented, and does not work.

If you press the F-keys too fast you get a response in chat saying something about utilizing it too often. But after three messages of that, it sends out an f-key response. Then three more messages of that, another F-key response, rinse and repeat.

Muting players, does not stop the F-key or minimap spam.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,564 battles

Anyway, as per the OP

Vote Kicking is a dumb idea, for a game like WOWS. Your team will be down a ship, no new player will take his place, and that can be easily abused. The abuse would be far more recognizable than the karma system abuse, that I've seen.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,875 posts
1,338 battles
1 hour ago, kittredge said:

This isn't League of Legends or World of Warcraft.  Votekicks in this game would almost always be done by the toxic people, to abuse people.  

No.

[TURDS]
Members
587 posts
3,956 battles

Like that wouldn't be gamed. Imagine folks packing up like coyotes and synch-dropping into a match just to grief some person at random.

The system they have now at least isn't capable of doing serious harm, or good. That may be it's only redeeming value: that it's so ineffectual that it's not worth abusing. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,186 posts
11,702 battles

nobody would EVER consider abusing that...

Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles

Might it have been a certain Troll who has Rerolled?  

Just ignore... they'll get their's eventually.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles

They do have the chat logs so when you do run into one of those people that spam the F keys start a ticket on them.

[NAVY]
Members
1,009 posts
3,791 battles

While good in theory, as the other posters I quoted have stated, a vote kick system would just be too susceptible to being abused. 

What WG needs to implement is when we mute a player in the in-game chat, that should block ALL messages from said player, including the F-key commands.

1 hour ago, LubzinNJ said:

Because that won't be abused

57 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Yeah, while vote kicking can some times be useful in RPG MMO's that will bring in a new player waiting in the queue to get rid of the random idiot that constantly does a Leroy Jenkins before everyone is ready. Here though it could lead to griefing and it puts your team down a ship.

24 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Anyway, as per the OP

Vote Kicking is a dumb idea, for a game like WOWS. Your team will be down a ship, no new player will take his place, and that can be easily abused. The abuse would be far more recognizable than the karma system abuse, that I've seen.

18 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

It will go over as well as the Karma and chat ban abuse,

14 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

This isn't League of Legends or World of Warcraft.  Votekicks in this game would almost always be done by the toxic people, to abuse people.  

No.

12 minutes ago, Curly__san said:

Like that wouldn't be gamed. Imagine folks packing up like coyotes and synch-dropping into a match just to grief some person at random.

The system they have now at least isn't capable of doing serious harm, or good. That may be it's only redeeming value: that it's so ineffectual that it's not worth abusing. 

10 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

nobody would EVER consider abusing that...

• Cool 1