Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mustangman6579

Arms race failure.

22 comments in this topic

[5D3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,156 posts
4,445 battles

I'm calling it now. Making arms race a t9/10 only is going to be the death of this new event. I played 1 game, and can already foresee this not going well. 

Too many players in t9/10 are too scared of getting their pixels hurt and need to camp behind useless islands that offer no strategic advantage. Meanwhile all the DDs run around and try and gather what buffs they can before the radar ships spot them and they all die. 

Had this been done in a lower tier, say 5/6 or 6/7, I think it would have become popular. But not in 9/10. T10 gameplay is already filled with players that hate being shot at, so making a gamemode that forced them to actually push would never work. 

R.I.P. Arms race. 

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,468 posts
9,585 battles

OH it is tier 9 or 10 only? Hmmm... not sure why they did that.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,355 battles
4 minutes ago, mustangman6579 said:

I'm calling it now. Making arms race a t9/10 only is going to be the death of this new event. I played 1 game, and can already foresee this not going well. 

Too many players in t9/10 are too scared of getting their pixels hurt and need to camp behind useless islands that offer no strategic advantage. Meanwhile all the DDs run around and try and gather what buffs they can before the radar ships spot them and they all die. 

Had this been done in a lower tier, say 5/6 or 6/7, I think it would have become popular. But not in 9/10. T10 gameplay is already filled with players that hate being shot at, so making a gamemode that forced them to actually push would never work. 

R.I.P. Arms race. 

I already wish tier 7 players would get out of tier X and I did not need a new game mode for that feeling to come on lol.

[-TKS-]
Members
305 posts
6,066 battles

itll be fine at t9/t10 it was fine on pts and it had 50x less players .  if anything t9/10 randoms will suffer a tiny bit . 

[5D3]
1,156 posts
4,445 battles
2 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

itll be fine at t9/t10 it was fine on pts and it had 50x less players .  if anything t9/10 randoms will suffer a tiny bit . 

PTS?

[-TKS-]
Members
305 posts
6,066 battles
1 minute ago, mustangman6579 said:

PTS?

public test server , doesnt have many players. when arms race was introduced it split t9/10 players from random/arms race so getting a random game  going took a bit longer 

[5D3]
1,156 posts
4,445 battles
Just now, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

public test server , doesnt have many players. when arms race was introduced it split t9/10 players from random/arms race so getting a random game  going took a bit longer 

Well you can't take success from there and high tiers and think it will work here. People don't lose credits there. On the main server most t10 players hate to get spotted, let alone shot at. 

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
4 minutes ago, mustangman6579 said:

PTS?

Public test server

[SBS]
Members
2,488 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, paradat said:

OH it is tier 9 or 10 only? Hmmm... not sure why they did that.

Speculation is to help with T8 MM. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,671 posts
25,824 battles

Played 1st Arms Race - Figured Khab would work cause of speed.

Did not pack a Det Flag - bad idea. Got detonated early by a Shima I was fighting - all he needed was one shell. At least we won and I figured I would get flags, with it being a kind of PvP mode. Nope. No flags.

[-TKS-]
Members
305 posts
6,066 battles
1 minute ago, mustangman6579 said:

Well you can't take success from there and high tiers and think it will work here. People don't lose credits there. On the main server most t10 players hate to get spotted, let alone shot at. 

Sure you can .and you can put more into then flat out speculation that something will fail .  it worked in the past when introducing something new and thats since the pts was introduced. . There are way more t9/t10 players on the live server and WG feels comfortable have a ranked season going with this arms race . itll be fine.

[5D3]
1,156 posts
4,445 battles
Just now, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

Sure you can .and you can put more into then flat out speculation that something will fail .  it worked in the past when introducing something new and thats since the pts was introduced. . There are way more t9/t10 players on the live server and WG feels comfortable have a ranked season going with this arms race . itll be fine.

But I'm not saying it will fail because of the lack of people playing. I'm saying it will fail because of the type of players playing that will drive others away. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,462 posts
3,875 battles

But but but

Making a game mode exclusive to tier 5 and 6 ships would mean less tier 5 and 6 ships for players in hot new tier 7 premiums to farm damage and kills on.

Members
18,344 posts
5,238 battles

I'm not concerned with the new mode anyway.

I'm glad there's potential variety in gameplay for those that need it.

But magic powerups in PvP? No thanks.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,580 battles

So long as they keep Arms Race a separate Game Mode, that players must opt into, then I am fine. Because Arms Race sounds like a game mode that requires a drastically different build, to the current Random Meta we have.

Members
374 posts
6 battles
2 hours ago, mustangman6579 said:

Meanwhile all the DDs run around and try and gather what buffs they can before the radar ships spot them and they all die.

This is exactly the experience I had in the one match I tried this new game mode in. No spotting, support, or team play from the DDs. They just zerged the buffs then camped behind islands.

Beta Testers
245 posts
6,217 battles
3 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

This is exactly the experience I had in the one match I tried this new game mode in. No spotting, support, or team play from the DDs. They just zerged the buffs then camped behind islands.

Arms Race needs to have a cap of 1 DD per team, Having too many DDs in this game mode is not healthy. From what I have seen the BBs and DDs have gone passive and cruisers are all sinking in the first 2 minutes of game. Either iChase or Notser was talking about limiting the DDs in Arms Race in one of their videos and WG still went ahead and did not limit DD numbers.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
80 posts
5,413 battles

I swear I'd heard on the anniversary steam that the T9-10 limit for arms race was part of the overall attempt to relive the T8 MM meta a little.

Sign in to follow this