You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Driftwood1844

British Containers, are they worth it?

63 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
17,201 posts
10,909 battles
1 minute ago, Ericson38 said:

I'm going to have fun at T5 again then ! 

Make sure you play it and Gallant if you have it, to complete the RN Event Missions. You can get draconic flags and RN premium containers with UK DDs during the event. See the post in my sig or on the first page for all the RN Event details.

[_RNG_]
Members
768 posts
6,160 battles

Just in case anyone missed it: It looks like Wargaming is aware that the Warspite dubloons credit overlaps with the discount on dubloon premiums and they will credit you the missing dubloons very soon (if you used Sovereigns for the Warspite of course).

So all's good it seems.

[KRAK]
Members
1,088 posts
12,911 battles
11 hours ago, CFagan1987 said:

Yes, I got the personal mission for the Icarus (the Tier 6) from a container for completing one of the missions. I guess I have my mojo back! I didn't get ANY of the ships from free containers during the American Cruisers event, meanwhile I got all 4 ships from free containers during the Vive le France campaign :Smile_sceptic:

Got the Acasta last night (what a little gunship it is) and got the Icarus mission this AM in a container. Those two will provide the DD fix I needed for a while, since I went the German BB line a few months ago. No one has really commented on these ships yet. I'm using an old 12 pt cruiser captain for the time being. It did have CE and DE, and the Acasta sets fires to everything. With camo and CE, its detection range=torpedo range at 6 km.

[BOTO]
Members
744 posts
11,647 battles

After watching Flamu open 15 crates and get all 4 of the DD missions, I bought 10 crates thinking I'd get at least 2 of the missions.  Nope, nada.  10 crates, not a single one of the missions.  The flags and camo are nice but I really thought that I should get at least 1 of the missions out of 10 crates.  Oh well.

[-VT-]
Members
340 posts
5,265 battles
2 minutes ago, Wittman73 said:

After watching Flamu open 15 crates and get all 4 of the DD missions, I bought 10 crates thinking I'd get at least 2 of the missions.  Nope, nada.  10 crates, not a single one of the missions.  The flags and camo are nice but I really thought that I should get at least 1 of the missions out of 10 crates.  Oh well.

I bought 15 and got sweet FA, nice to see that all the streamers and CCs are getting their missions though..

Members
310 posts
6,861 battles

10 Containers gave me 15 sovereigns each, various pennants (+5 Scilla, Leviathan, Etc) and two missions. One for T5 Acasta and one for T6 Icarus. Right now I'm about 40 sovereigns away from the Warspite.

[ARGSY]
Members
14,164 posts
9,101 battles

I won two RN containers in battle last night and unlocked the Acasta on the second. I have not bought any RN containers and do not intend to do so (except perhaps in the Arsenal, where you can get them with Sovereigns if you wish).

[SRPH]
Members
937 posts
2,441 battles
41 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I won two RN containers in battle last night and unlocked the Acasta on the second. I have not bought any RN containers and do not intend to do so (except perhaps in the Arsenal, where you can get them with Sovereigns if you wish).

Ditto...out of 4 normal containers won from the missions so far I've unlocked the T5 and T6 missions, so unless I'm a few sovereigns short at the end of the event from getting t something nice, I'm not buying any, especially for unlocks, as the RNG on those seems iffy.

[BOTO]
Members
744 posts
11,647 battles
8 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Ditto...out of 4 normal containers won from the missions so far I've unlocked the T5 and T6 missions, so unless I'm a few sovereigns short at the end of the event from getting t something nice, I'm not buying any, especially for unlocks, as the RNG on those seems iffy.

I must have the worst luck ever.  I've opened a total of 20 containers between the ones I've bought, earned doing missions, and used sovereigns to buy in the arsenal.  I haven't gotten a single mission to unlock one of the DDs.  Bummer!

[SRPH]
Members
937 posts
2,441 battles
1 hour ago, Wittman73 said:

I must have the worst luck ever.  I've opened a total of 20 containers between the ones I've bought, earned doing missions, and used sovereigns to buy in the arsenal.  I haven't gotten a single mission to unlock one of the DDs.  Bummer!

Ouch!

[WOLF9]
Members
4,094 posts

" worth it" is SO subjective...   The only answer I can give is:  It depends.

Are you the kind that sees "A chance to get an early release mission for selected ships"   as a promise that there WILL be one in every container or lot of containers?   And then storms the boards, complaining bitterly when you don't?   Then no, they aren't.

Are you the kind that buys em for all the other goodies- ie to stock up on special signals. camos and tokens?   And just thinks "Hey- Cool!" when one randomly pops out a ship mission?  Then yes, they are!

** as far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as TOO many premium camos or special signals in my inventory.  Thus I'm perfectly happy to have WG shower me with them as often as they want.  They WILL get used.    Bonus, because these camos are rather nice looking. (and have very good bonus's)

As for the other question,  I've purchased 2 lots of five, and earned 2 singles.   I got an Acasta mission out of the first 5 pack.   I'm  THISSS close to having enough tokens to buy the premium DD .  ( I already have it- I just want the doubloon value out of it, lol.)  I've also got a nice pile of Union Jack camos, and have been using those signals to speed up progress through the Halsey mission, and grind lots of elite xp.    So, I'm happy with the value I got.