You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Driftwood1844

British Containers, are they worth it?

63 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
9,708 posts
17,387 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

put in a support ticket please, the website stated that you will get 6500 doubloon, in printing, and all you got is 4550??? geez for horse manures ... i felt for you bruh

Looks like the Warspite is on sale (30% off) for a few days still so that makes it 4550 doubloon value. I should have known that and waited but I wasn't paying attention. Once it is off sale it will be 6500.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,708 posts
17,387 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

@Gneisenau013 and @TheURLGuy evidently the patch notes and RN rules are different than the Warspite doubloons given in game. FYI

Warspite is on sale Kiz for 30% off for a few more days so that makes it 4550. I should have waited a few days to buy it. Didn't realize it was on sale. My error although they should have caught this and ended the sale before now however with them publicly listing compensation at 6500 IMO. Like hitting a teammate with torps though this is on me for not paying attenntion. I am now a pink wallet whale LOL.

• Funny 2

[KOOKS]
Modder
689 posts
3,493 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Looks like the Warspite is on sale (30% off) for a few days still so that makes it 4550 doubloon value. I should have known that and waited but I wasn't paying attention. Once it is off sale it will be 6500.

True and not, it is on sale for doubloons in-game. Nothing about Sovereigns. If you look at these two articles and the fact that events overlap until the 21st I believe it was an error by WG and that Sovereigns would not be counted in the same way. They can't have it both ways, one of these article has to be right not both at the same time. Even if the it would be from tomorrow, when the official Royal Navy event starts, it will still be one more day before the anniversary event discount ends. Contacted Support and URLGuy, so we'll see.

• Cool 1

[SRPH]
Members
943 posts
2,448 battles
7 minutes ago, Krautjaeger said:

True and not, it is on sale for doubloons in-game. Nothing about Sovereigns. If you look at these two articles and the fact that events overlap until the 21st I believe it was an error by WG and that Sovereigns would not be counted in the same way. They can't have it both ways, one of these article has to be right not both at the same time. Even if the it would be from tomorrow, when the official Royal Navy event starts, it will still be one more day before the anniversary event discount ends. Contacted Support and URLGuy, so we'll see.

They didn't count on Admiral "Wallet Warrior" Thunder TM ...they thought a couple overlapping days wouldn't affect anyone and that 6,500 was safe to put in print...silly WG, will they never learn?:cap_haloween:

Edited by Bonfor

[P-V-E]
Members
1,287 posts

I can confirm I didn't get the full 6500 for a Warspite duplicate.

Edited by b101uk

[13CLM]
Members
382 posts
2,559 battles

I just purchased 5 boxes, and received 2 of the personal combat missions, Acasta quest and Icarus quest. Plus some signal flags and cammo.

[PVE]
Members
17,251 posts
10,923 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Warspite is on sale Kiz for 30% off for a few more days so that makes it 4550. I should have waited a few days to buy it. Didn't realize it was on sale. My error although they should have caught this and ended the sale before now however with them publicly listing compensation at 6500 IMO. Like hitting a teammate with torps though this is on me for not paying attenntion. I am now a pink wallet whale LOL.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo_mPEx2iyK935EfteRzV

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[NSC]
Members
182 posts
7,791 battles

So now would be the time to purchase either ship if you don't have it and if you do, hold off until Saturday :)

Purchased the 20 containers, and had the icarus, acasta? and Lightning in the three of the first five containers.  Pulled the Jervis on the 13th container.

Edited by Stongatola
  • Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,831 posts
10,439 battles
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Submit a ticket to Support as others have done...

[KRAK]
Members
1,090 posts
12,927 battles

What is the Acasta quest all about ? Complete the mission criteria and then what ?

[PVE]
Members
17,251 posts
10,923 battles
Just now, Ericson38 said:

What is the Acasta quest all about ? Complete the mission criteria and then what ?

You get a fully researched and purchased T5 Acasta. You can then complete the RN UK DD missions as well.

[RAIDR]
Beta Testers
213 posts
2,671 battles

Purchased the 40 pack. Got the Tier 7 mission on 2nd crate, tier 5 and 6 between 10 and 20 somewhere, and got the tier 8 at number 31. Also got enough tokens to buy the Gallant, Warspite, Special Captain, and the Special Gallant Camo. Still 40 left over. Of course plenty of camo and flags too. I'm happy. Thankful I read this thread before deciding my odds were worth risking the 40. 

[NMKJT]
Members
3,877 posts
23 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You get a fully researched and purchased T5 Acasta. You can then complete the RN UK DD missions as well.

You not only get a fully researched ship, you get the modules too. I just had to mount them, no credits required

[PVE]
Members
17,251 posts
10,923 battles
Just now, Wombatmetal said:

You not only get a fully researched ship, you get the modules too. I just had to mount them, no credits required

Yep, fully researched and fully purchased. It can save a lot of credits and XP, especially at T8.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,877 posts
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yep, fully researched and fully purchased. It can save a lot of credits and XP, especially at T8.

Only problem I had is moving a captain over. I assigned a Dasha  and there's no option to retrain her for the ship.

[PVE]
Members
17,251 posts
10,923 battles
4 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

Only problem I had is moving a captain over. I assigned a Dasha  and there's no option to retrain her for the ship.

Nope, the early access ships work like a premium until the line is released. So you can move captains in and out without retraining until early morning Oct 17th when patch 7.10 drops the full UK DD line. Then the early access ships revert to being a normal tech tree ship.

[13CLM]
Members
382 posts
2,559 battles
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Nope, the early access ships work like a premium until the line is released. So you can move captains in and out without retraining until early morning Oct 17th when patch 7.10 drops the full UK DD line. Then the early access ships revert to being a normal tech tree ship.

Damn, I didn't know they reverted to tech tree ships. Still will be nice to have a few free ships with less grinding on the DD line.

[PVE]
Members
17,251 posts
10,923 battles
2 minutes ago, Markk9 said:

Damn, I didn't know they reverted to tech tree ships. Still will be nice to have a few free ships with less grinding on the DD line.

Yep, you are just getting an early look at the UK DDs. You can grind XP, but can not use it to research the next ship until the full line in released.

[KRAK]
Members
1,090 posts
12,927 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Only British captains ?

[PVE]
Members
17,251 posts
10,923 battles
2 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

Only British captains ?

Yes, only British captains.

Beta Testers
331 posts
10,063 battles
On 9/19/2018 at 4:08 PM, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Has anyone got a ship from a normal container? 

Yes, I got the personal mission for the Icarus (the Tier 6) from a container for completing one of the missions. I guess I have my mojo back! I didn't get ANY of the ships from free containers during the American Cruisers event, meanwhile I got all 4 ships from free containers during the Vive le France campaign :Smile_sceptic:

[KRAK]
Members
1,090 posts
12,927 battles

I'm going to have fun at T5 again then ! 

Edited by Ericson38