You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Driftwood1844

British Containers, are they worth it?

63 comments in this topic

Members
855 posts
3,580 battles

Who has bought some already, how many did you buy and did you get any of the ships? 

Lets track how good these things are. I am debating on buying some. Has anyone got a ship from a normal container? 

[SBS]
Members
2,456 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

@AdmiralThunder bought some and is prepping a post about it.

Why am I not surprised its him??  He's the official WoWs container guinea pig. :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by Slimeball91

[SVF]
Members
943 posts
1,286 battles
21 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I don't have much interest in the Sovereign/Guinea options in the Arsenal so the only things worth it in the RN crates for me are the special signals.  And at just 1 per multiple USD worth crate it isn’t feasible.

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
5 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Why am I not surprised its him??  He's the official WoWs container guinea pig. :Smile-_tongue:

Man does he bring oil into the clan tho. Especially with his fifty something T10s all ground in co-op!

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
4 minutes ago, landcollector said:

I don't have much interest in the Sovereign/Guinea options in the Arsenal so the only things worth it in the RN crates for me are the special signals.  And at just 1 per multiple USD worth crate it isn’t feasible.

I think a lot of people will be looking for the early access missions. The early access DDs do come fully researched and bought, so that can save a lot of XP and silver. Especially at T8.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,798 posts
10,299 battles

It will greatly depend on the individual. Some people have millions of FXP, hundreds of millions of credits and existing stockpiles of signals to burn through. Those people will be far less interested in the 5x camo and 5x dragon signal section of the containers.

The Sovereigns are potentially easy to monetize.

220 Sovereigns gives you a Warspite, or if you have it 6,500 doubloons.

A Sovereign is therefore 'worth' just for that alone about 30 doubloons.

15 Sovereigns for $3 is $0.20 per sovereign, or $0.20 for 30 doubloons. You can use your Sovereigns to get doubloons at the rate of $1 for 150 doubloons.

Doubloons otherwise in a moderate size package are about $1 for 200.

In short, so long as you buy Warspite's with the Sovereign's each dollar is worth about 3/4 what it would be worth buying doubloons, plus 5x signals and 5x flags per $3, plus the chance of an RN ship you can have in a month anyway.

Depending on how you value port-slots and the credits for the RN ships and the chances of getting them, that might work out slightly positive too.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,782 posts
9,798 battles

where is that wallet warrior "Admiral" already? wanted to know what inside as reward 

[PVE]
Members
9,547 posts
7,456 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

where is that wallet warrior "Admiral" already? wanted to know what inside as reward 

He is a busy man keeping the bots trimmed back to stop the Singularity. :Smile_honoring:

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
500 posts
1,028 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

He is a busy man keeping the bots trimmed back to stop the Singularity. :Smile_honoring:

Or is each bot bote captained by a replica of Mr. Smith that keeps multiplying and the tide must be stemmed? :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,795 posts
10,567 battles
5 minutes ago, mofton said:

It will greatly depend on the individual. Some people have millions of FXP, hundreds of millions of credits and existing stockpiles of signals to burn through. Those people will be far less interested in the 5x camo and 5x dragon signal section of the containers.

The Sovereigns are potentially easy to monetize.

220 Sovereigns gives you a Warspite, or if you have it 6,500 doubloons.

A Sovereign is therefore 'worth' just for that alone about 30 doubloons.

15 Sovereigns for $3 is $0.20 per sovereign, or $0.20 for 30 doubloons. You can use your Sovereigns to get doubloons at the rate of $1 for 150 doubloons.

Doubloons otherwise in a moderate size package are about $1 for 200.

In short, so long as you buy Warspite's with the Sovereign's each dollar is worth about 3/4 what it would be worth buying doubloons, plus 5x signals and 5x flags per $3, plus the chance of an RN ship you can have in a month anyway.

Depending on how you value port-slots and the credits for the RN ships and the chances of getting them, that might work out slightly positive too.

Warspite only gives 4550 doubloons. Gallant give 4500. Just FYI. I had them already and that is what I got for them when I bought them with sovereigns in the arsenal

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,795 posts
10,567 battles
23 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

44 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

9 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Post made here FWIW. Hope it helps people out...:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,782 posts
9,798 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

4550 doubloons

not 6500??

Members
855 posts
3,580 battles

I want the Gallant, I don't have it already. I am not sure if I want to buy containers though if I can get a ship out of a normal container. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,798 posts
10,299 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Warspite only gives 4550 doubloons. Gallant give 4500. Just FYI. I had them already and that is what I got for them when I bought them with sovereigns in the arsenal

uWEE7cg.jpg

That's depressing, in fact that's an outright deception by WG.

It's on the webpage front here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/royal-navy/

Either they changed it, you're mistaken on the doubloons or it's not working as intended.

Members
855 posts
3,580 battles
4 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

20 containers netted me the missions for the T5, T6, & T7 dds. 

I'm thinking the odds on the t8 are not good. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't connect it with the most expensive package. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,795 posts
10,567 battles
7 minutes ago, mofton said:

uWEE7cg.jpg

That's depressing, in fact that's an outright deception by WG.

It's on the webpage front here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/royal-navy/

Either they changed it, you're mistaken on the doubloons or it's not working as intended.

I only got 4550 for it. 4500 for Gallant as said. Guess I should contact Customer Support.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
500 posts
1,028 battles
3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I only got 4550 for it. 4500 for Gallant as said. Guess I should contact Customer Support.

Warspite is currently on sale for doubloons...that's probably why.  After Friday, it will be back to normal price.

eta: 30% off 6500 dubs equals 4550

Edited by Bonfor

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,827 posts
1,327 battles
25 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I think a lot of people will be looking for the early access missions. The early access DDs do come fully researched and bought, so that can save a lot of XP and silver. Especially at T8.

I got French BBs T5-T8, Monaghan, and T8 Cleveland that way, and silver for a couple others...

Members
209 posts
2 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

I'm thinking the odds on the t8 are not good. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't connect it with the most expensive package. 

No...they aren't good. I used the currency proceeds from the premium containers to get 35-ish (not sure) in-game containers. no T8.  

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
448 posts
1,962 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Made a post about it here: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/170476-heads-up-using-sovereigns-to-get-warspitegallant-in-arsenal-for-the-doubloons/

I have sent a support ticket as they can not have it both ways, the anniversary event runs until the 21st as discounts go so it will overlap tomorrow as well.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,782 posts
9,798 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Nope. Got 4550.

put in a support ticket please, the website stated that you will get 6500 doubloon, in printing, and all you got is 4550??? geez for horse manures ... i felt for you bruh

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,795 posts
10,567 battles
4 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

Warspite is currently on sale for doubloons...that's probably why.  After Friday, it will be back to normal price.

eta: 30% off 6500 dubs equals 4550

Yup that appears to be it. I didn't realize it was on sale. That is my error then.