Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Worcester

12 comments in this topic

[ES]
Members
166 posts
14,049 battles

You think is might need some adjusting, there is a reason why its in almost every ranked battle. Maybe up it detectability a little?

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
6,056 battles

The Worchester hasn't been in game long enough to get reliable data on it. 

[W-G]
Members
60 posts
6,875 battles

It is in every rank because it is super versatile fast firing with radar. It is however a glass cannon. I prefer it over the Des Moines. I know some don't because it is fragile. Also with all of the DD's it is a good counter.

[-S-R-]
Members
325 posts
7,314 battles

Being a Shima driver, I despise this abomination and I also despise the Harugumo abomination as well.  Simply ridiculous rates of fire.  Actually, I think the 'gumo is the more broken of the two.  Stupidly broken.  Burns down full health BBs like it is nothing.  And, again, I'm a DD driver.

[ES]
Members
166 posts
14,049 battles

Not really a Glass cannon very small Cit, kinda needs to be looked at its a little OP.

[R-R-R]
Members
975 posts
6,615 battles

She is a monster outside of R5 bracket because of plenty of idiots to farm.

But above R5, I don't think she is that special at all. Many people moved away from her as well(including me).

Edited by Exciton8964

[PT8TO]
Members
1,410 posts
13,278 battles
42 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

You think is might need some adjusting, there is a reason why its in almost every ranked battle. Maybe up it detectability a little?

That wont help... I ran the legendary module for a few games in Ranked which puts it concealment at 10.6 same as Des.

I did just as good if not better of course I could not play the flank in open water but around islands as the radar ship ehh I just pretended I was in my DesMoines.

The thing about the ship is that it takes a lot of over pens and is hard to hit at Range,  its the ultimate Kiteing Cruiser.

But if you catch one Bow on or in a turn you have a big advantage.

Also on a side note I personally think that A Radar MIno is more OP than the Worcester.

When teamed up with good players id rather use it, but since Ranked is full of Bad players a Worcester works better because of fires.and bad players do not understand DCP or Heals especially BBS

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[TMS]
Members
1,741 posts
22,088 battles
1 hour ago, TheCompGuy25 said:

Being a Shima driver, I despise this abomination and I also despise the Harugumo abomination as well.  Simply ridiculous rates of fire.  Actually, I think the 'gumo is the more broken of the two.  Stupidly broken.  Burns down full health BBs like it is nothing.  And, again, I'm a DD driver.

A Worcester will burn down a BB in one third the time of what a Hargu can.

The Worcester has a much higher fire chance and i have seen 5k per HE volley bow on and on top that add the fires, it has more guns that hit harder and only 1.6 seconds slower reload.

Half of the Hargu shells 100mm shatter doing zaro damage even with IFHE, half of the shells miss unless he is really close because of dispersion and volleys can do as little as 186hp damage.

When it comes to fighting DDS yes it can be ridiculous, i have never died to one in my shima as many can't aim to save their life and i managed to out gun one.

Edited by Final8ty

[TMS]
Members
1,741 posts
22,088 battles
51 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

That wont help... I ran the legendary module for a few games in Ranked which puts it concealment at 10.6 same as Des.

I did just as good if not better of course I could not play the flank in open water but around islands as the radar ship ehh I just pretended I was in my DesMoines.

The thing about the ship is that it takes a lot of over pens and is hard to hit at Range,  its the ultimate Kiteing Cruiser.

But if you catch one Bow on or in a turn you have a big advantage.

Also on a side note I personally think that A Radar MIno is more OP than the Worcester.

When teamed up with good players id rather use it, but since Ranked is full of Bad players a Worcester works better because of fires.and bad players do not understand DCP or Heals especially BBS

Radar mino is  much less of a threat because it can not shoot HE and quite few times i have made a Mino turn and run because he is losing the range gun fight against my shima because of his bouncing AP shells when they actually hit now and then on my stern while i HE him down.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,555 battles
1 hour ago, TheCompGuy25 said:

Harugumo burns down players who screw up.

Members
18,251 posts
5,220 battles
2 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Harugumo burns down players who screw up.

I always find that sort of comment disingenuous.

It implies that anybody who plays a Harugumo isn't really skilled. Unless it's completely impossible to be burned down if you do everything right.

I honestly don't know, apparently haven't screwed up yet lol.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,555 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

I always find that sort of comment disingenuous.

It implies that anybody who plays a Harugumo isn't really skilled. Unless it's completely impossible to be burned down if you do everything right.

I honestly don't know, apparently haven't screwed up yet lol.

Any ship, in the hands of a skilled player, is going to be a beast, that fact will remain true until the very end. So when we include skilled players into the mix, Every ship becomes OP. And if everything is OP, then nothing is.

So we have to look at the Average Player, not the skilled player. Harugumo severely lacks in the ability of open water fire-fights. Her speed loss in turns, and her wide turning circle, makes her an easy target to be shot at. So she is more of an island hugger. Damage Saturation is a major factor, because no amount of pew-pew, will allow a Harugumo to damage saturated areas, unless it is able to start fires, over-pen, or cause flooding. And since Over-pens are very rare with 100mm AP rounds (only happens in superstructure) that really leaves fires and floods for dealing with bow-on targets, once damage saturation kicks in. Anyone who sails broadside to a Harugumo, or an Akizuki, or a Kitakaze, deserves to be burned down, and sunk.

Against battleships, even with IFHE, some battleships can still only be damaged in the superstructure, thus relying on fires, to start on the sections those HE shells cannot directly damage.

When fighting a Harugumo, you want to show as little broadside as possible. Any broadside you do show, you want it angled, because those 100mm AP shells do bugger-all to even the slightest of angled plate armor (requires almost-perfect broadside). If you have to reveal broadside to a Harugumo, keep it as brief as possible. Rarely can they penetrate the citadel, and the distance required for them to do so, is laughably stupid, the Harugumo would die before she gets the chance.

In hands of skilled players: all ships are OP.
In the hands of Average Players: Reliance of other players screwing up, is more common.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this