You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Major_HardTicket

New update SSDD

36 comments in this topic

[WOLFX]
Members
43 posts
1,761 battles

Once again, new update, same crapdifferent day....2 battles...total team annihilation in about 5-6 minutes, shell dispersion at 5+ kms was all over the place, while enemies are peppering you with 5 or 6 shells out of every salvo...and as sure as I'm sitting here, I watched a torp angle itself right into me....NO, it had absolutely nothing to do with what I was doing...I watched it literally angle off it's perceived course and hit me!!! wth WG???

• Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,464 posts
3,875 battles

Proof that you're lying: No torpedo in the game can turn.

If you expect people to believe such a wild claim, provide proof.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF6]
Members
678 posts
3,853 battles

Well the three teams I played on today were awesome. In 3 games, 3 teams of 7 destroyers each,  3 5-star completions, 30 ships and 48 aircraft killed and 37500XP, over 100000 commander XP, 1.5 million credits and 3 daily containers earned.

in between the server restarting between each game.

It was probably my best day in warships.   I know what I’ll be playing between now and Friday to take advantage of the 200% first wins.

• Cool 1

[WOLFX]
Members
43 posts
1,761 battles
2 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Proof that you're lying: No torpedo in the game can turn.

If you expect people to believe such a wild claim, provide proof.

lmbo...of course they can't...if you haven't seen it, I suggest you watch a little closer, you just might be lucky enough someday to witness it yourself...it happened...my own eyes are my proof...WHY WOULD I LIE? I was just hoping someone may have witnessed it before and explain it to me!!! So take your [edited] response and do you know what with it!

• Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,464 posts
3,875 battles
1 minute ago, Major_HardTicket said:

lmbo...of course they can't...if you haven't seen it, I suggest you watch a little closer, you just might be lucky enough someday to witness it yourself...it happened...my own eyes are my proof...WHY WOULD I LIE? I was just hoping someone may have witnessed it before and explain it to me!!! So take your [edited] response and do you know what with it!

Because everyone lies, especially in regards to torpedoes that they want nerfed into uselessness because every BB main wants torpedoes to be worthless garbage that can't threaten them.

As someone who actually uses torpedoes as a weapon system: No torpedo in the game is capable of making turns. I've fired and observed thousands of torpedoes. Your one experience with no proof is trumped by my thousands of experiences.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[WOLFX]
Members
43 posts
1,761 battles

Because everyone lies, especially in regards to torpedoes that they want nerfed into uselessness because every BB main wants torpedoes to be worthless garbage that can't threaten them.

Really? everyone lies? in your world? well I'll be, I feel sorry for you! Glad I'm not in your world....and I have no problem with Torps, unless of course they change direction after being launched...even just ever so slightly...That is a problem!!!!!

Edited by Major_HardTicket
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[FGNE]
Members
363 posts
2,494 battles
18 minutes ago, Major_HardTicket said:

Once again, new update, same crapdifferent day....2 battles...total team annihilation in about 5-6 minutes, shell dispersion at 5+ kms was all over the place, while enemies are peppering you with 5 or 6 shells out of every salvo...and as sure as I'm sitting here, I watched a torp angle itself right into me....NO, it had absolutely nothing to do with what I was doing...I watched it literally angle off it's perceived course and hit me!!! wth WG???

I've never seen a torpedo adjust its course...

what I've seen is that sometimes ping/lag might affect the display of objects in the match, therefore, what you might have seen is the client adjusting the location/direction of an object to what actually was happening server-side.

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,464 posts
3,875 battles
1 minute ago, Major_HardTicket said:

Really? everyone lies? in your world? well I'll be, I feel sorry for you! Glad I'm not in your world

Provide a video. Or hell, a screenshot showing the curve in the wake would make me reconsider calling you anything other than a liar.

Because what you're claiming is tantamount to "A UFO landed in my yard and the aliens inside all high-fived me, but I didn't take a picture so you just have to believe it."

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,482 posts
9,585 battles
20 minutes ago, Major_HardTicket said:

I watched it literally angle off it's perceived course and hit me!!! wth WG???

Hmm what are your system specs?

[WOLFX]
Members
43 posts
1,761 battles
2 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

what I've seen is that sometimes ping/lag might affect the display of objects in the match, therefore, what you might have seen is the client adjusting the location/direction of an object to what actually was happening server-side.

Absolutely possible...I can accept that (75fps and consistent 35ms ping, but definitely could have been a hiccup)...THANK YOU for the sensible reply!!!

[WOLFX]
Members
43 posts
1,761 battles
6 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Provide a video. Or hell, a screenshot showing the curve in the wake would make me reconsider calling you anything other than a liar.

Because what you're claiming is tantamount to "A UFO landed in my yard and the aliens inside all high-fived me, but I didn't take a picture so you just have to believe it."

I really don't give a hoot if YOU believe me....my eyes are my proof...and I don't [edited] anyone or anything....OK?

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,464 posts
3,875 battles
Just now, Major_HardTicket said:

I really don't give a hoot if YOU believe me....my eyes are my proof...and I don't [edited] anyone or anything....OK?

Yeah. That attitude will get you far.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[WOLFX]
Members
43 posts
1,761 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Yeah. That attitude will get you far.

as I'm sure yours will also...someday you might call the wrong person a LIER...just because you haven't witnessed something, makes them a LIER!!!     OK bye bye now!!!

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,464 posts
3,875 battles
6 minutes ago, Major_HardTicket said:

as I'm sure yours will also...someday you might call the wrong person a LIER...just because you haven't witnessed something, makes them a LIER!!!     OK bye bye now!!!

I work in a major US corporation. When I ask someone to show me something to support a claim that I think is incorrect, they show me where that claim came from. They don't double down and yell at me for not believing them at face value. Especially when it's something that's supposed to be impossible.

Unreasonable claims require reasonable evidence.

Show me a picture of the wake curving, or a video of the torpedo turning from its straight path to hit you. Otherwise what you're claiming is literally impossible. Especially with the pretty good system specs you've already shared.

If being called a liar bothers you that much, take the steps to prove you're being honest. Continuing to refuse to do even that much is just making you look even more sketchy.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
245 posts

this game is full of scrubbers and dimwits that will act as such.  the best thing you can do is not be a scrubber or a dimwit yourself.  

[WOLFX]
Members
43 posts
1,761 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I work in a major US corporation. When I ask someone to show me something to support a claim that I think is incorrect, they show me where that claim came from. They don't double down and yell at me for not believing them at face value. Especially when it's something that's supposed to be impossible.

Unreasonable claims require reasonable evidence.

Show me a picture of the wake curving, or a video of the torpedo turning from its straight path to hit you. Otherwise what you're claiming is literally impossible. Especially with the pretty good system specs you've already shared.

LMBO...ok so because you "work in a major US Corp" we're all supposed to bow down to you when you claim we're liers?  you don't have to "believe",  just move along,  you don't have to leave your rude comments and claim that the person is a LIER...ya know being employed in a "major US corp",  you should know that people get sued for a whole lot less than calling others LIERS!!!!

• Boring 1

[WOLFX]
Members
43 posts
1,761 battles
26 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

OH looky here...a sensible answer....thank you CO_Valle!!!

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,265 posts
1,869 battles
19 minutes ago, Major_HardTicket said:

Ah, a flat earther type.... "My senses are infallible so I am right no matter what!"

The server side latency hiccup you accepted as a possible explanation, and it is a reasonable one, means that the torpedo did not turn into your ship, the server simply provided updated information to your client and your client corrected the display of its course on you screen.

Members
18,358 posts
5,241 battles
1 hour ago, KiyoSenkan said:

As someone who actually uses torpedoes as a weapon system: No torpedo in the game is capable of making turns. I've fired and observed thousands of torpedoes. Your one experience with no proof is trumped by my thousands of experiences.

Actually, I had a weird one last night.

Had some torps surprise me out of nowhere, and I turned into them. Saw I was gonna eat one anyway, so got ready to hit DCP. (was in a CA)

The torp that should have hit me went right past, and the torps died about 200m later. They weren't DWT, and the trail went up to one side of the ship and out the other, so not a near miss.

I just figured it was lag of some sort, that the server saw me successfully thread the torps. But that's literally the only time I've ever noticed any torp weirdness.

On a related note, I caught a Ranger in my Gneisenau, got within 7-8km, and switched my attention (and main guns) to a BB on the other side of me. Noticed some fire ribbons pop up, then eventually the kill on the CV popped up, and a Close Quarters medal.

Reviewing the details afterwards, I was credited with the CV kill, but it said I destroyed it with a bomb lol.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,464 posts
3,875 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Actually, I had a weird one last night.

Had some torps surprise me out of nowhere, and I turned into them. Saw I was gonna eat one anyway, so got ready to hit DCP. (was in a CA)

The torp that should have hit me went right past, and the torps died about 200m later. They weren't DWT, and the trail went up to one side of the ship and out the other, so not a near miss.

I just figured it was lag of some sort, that the server saw me successfully thread the torps. But that's literally the only time I've ever noticed any torp weirdness.

This happens sometimes when the hit detection glitches. It's especially common at the back of the ship, which people justify as the torpedo "passing under the fantail" where the hull arcs up to make a space for the props (ignoring that the prop wash would detonate any torpedo anyway).

Edited by KiyoSenkan

Members
18,358 posts
5,241 battles
4 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

This happens sometimes when the hit detection glitches. It's especially common at the back of the ship, which people justify as the torpedo "passing under the fantail" where the hull arcs up to make a space for the props (ignoring that the prop wash would detonate any torpedo anyway).

Ah ok, gotcha, although this one was about 1/3 of the way back from the bow.

I did get a kick out of the CV sinking though. I just pretended I set off a bomb in the hangar :cap_haloween:

Edited by Skpstr

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,464 posts
3,875 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

Ah ok, gotcha, although this one was about 1/3 of the way back from the bow.

Rarer, but still happens.

Trust me nothing is more irritating as an IJN destroyer player than watching what should be a direct hit still somehow miss.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

Members
18,358 posts
5,241 battles

Trust me nothing is more irritating as an IJN destroyer player than watching what should be a direct hit still somehow miss.

Lol I can imagine. They were pretty far apart though, and my detection never lit up, so I think they were either "area denial", or he missed a closer target by enough that the torps weren't spotted earlier.