You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheLastReaper

Captain Builds for Minsk?

15 comments in this topic

Members
292 posts
Starting the long Minsk grind for the 2 tier 8s, my understanding is it will never be a great boat but how should I build a capt to maximize this ship? Skills in order I should acquire them please.
At the moment I'm thinking something like this;
  1. priority target
  2. last stand
  3. demolition expert
  4. advanced fire training
  5. IFHE
  6. Survivability expert
  7. Basic Fire Training
Other skills I'm contemplating are Expert Marksman, Adrenaline Rush, and Concealment Expert but I'd have to drop skills from my list for those. Input and advice greatly appreciated!

[-K-]
Members
5,288 posts
9,108 battles

I would forego IFHE, as it is not a necessary requirement for Russian DDs.  Here's how I'd set mine up:

Capture1.JPG

[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
6,037 battles

One question - are you planning to go for the Khab or the Grozovoi? Unless you want to respec at some point the two ships would need different builds. 

Minsk is more of a Khab-type ship than a Groz type ship, so Dolphin's build is good. I would go SE before BFT personally, but it probably depends on how you play it. 

If you are going for Groz and can't respec I would use concealment expert in there somewhere, maybe instead of BFT + PM. 

[TF57]
Members
1,264 posts
3,933 battles

Depends what you play do do with the captain.

PT, LS, SE, AFT are all safe bets.

The others depend if you are moving your captain on.  The most debatable is CE vs more 3-point skills.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
187 posts
4,506 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

I would forego IFHE, as it is not a necessary requirement for Russian DDs.

Could you please elaborate?

Beta Testers
38 posts
7,310 battles
5 hours ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

In this order:

PM -> EM -> BFT -> AFT -> DE -> AR -> SE -> PT

Source: #1 Minsk NA

Congrats! Interesting Combo.. No LS or CE

Have to admit..the last skill I added to my Minsk/Gremy Captain was  LS  .... always felt like ER would have been better

[-K-]
Members
5,288 posts
9,108 battles
14 hours ago, Haifischkoeder said:

Could you please elaborate?

Since you will be uptiered more often than not, this video will help explain it better than I can:

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
283 posts
4,381 battles
18 hours ago, TheLastReaper said:
Starting the long Minsk grind for the 2 tier 8s, my understanding is it will never be a great boat but how should I build a capt to maximize this ship? Skills in order I should acquire them please.
At the moment I'm thinking something like this;

The minsk is not the greatest dd ever. But she is a lot of fun. I an near completing the same grind. The unique captain (earned in game about 8 months ago) Viktor Z. really made the difference on the turret traverse speed.  WG recently buffed this on the minsk, so the issue of getting guns around is completely gone. That 10pt captain is being offered in the arsenal right now. I recommend him.

Members
149 posts
5,032 battles

I've just installed Viktor Znamensky as my Minsk Captain and I think I'll leave him there permanently.  Right now he's built PM-HA-DE-AFT and eventually I'd like to add BFT-PT and I'm still debating what to use the last 5 points on. The reason I didn't get LS is because I also run the Premium DCP with November Foxtrot. With Viktor's special HA, the DCP cooldown time drops to almost 30 seconds. With speed flags and the Engine Boost Mod1 he bombs around the field at 48 knots for 3 minutes, which is a lot of fun as the shells splash behind you and your timer resets.

The Minsk isn't meant to be a capper, I run it as a harrassing light cruiser at 10-12 kms.

Members
292 posts
3 hours ago, skillztowin said:

The minsk is not the greatest dd ever. But she is a lot of fun. I an near completing the same grind. The unique captain (earned in game about 8 months ago) Viktor Z. really made the difference on the turret traverse speed.  WG recently buffed this on the minsk, so the issue of getting guns around is completely gone. That 10pt captain is being offered in the arsenal right now. I recommend him.

I'm tempted; but I've also really wanted to save my coal for the Salem at the same time. I'll never get there if I buy all these other cheaper goodies.

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles

Or if you don't want to spec into EM just use the module that increases turret rotation. I'm grinding towards the Groz as I'm not a fan of pure gunboats DDs like the Khab and Hargumo. 

Members
292 posts
22 hours ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

In this order:

PM -> EM -> BFT -> AFT -> DE -> AR -> SE -> PT

Source: #1 Minsk NA

image.thumb.png.906d1c868af6f3c2fe60da3a4cc31e2d.png

Wow, well ok then.

So do you get Steering or Prop mod 1 to compensate for not having LS? Not having LS is the only part of that build that makes a little uneasy I guess.