You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
The_Last_Frontier

Commander Skills Feedback

18 comments in this topic

Members
113 posts
4,150 battles

Just logged in after the update this morning and one issue I have is the way the new set up is for commander skills. Some of my commanders have long since had their skill points distributed the way I want and now I check in and see that some skills are no longer good for the ship set up so the skill point is now totally wasted.

If the commander set up is going to change you really need to refund all commander skill points and let the user redistribute the points for free based on the new commander skill set up. You changed this we the players didn't and we should have a right to redistribute each commanders skills based on the new set up.

I only noticed this as I rebought a ship I had sold to buy my Worcester and when I went in to reassign the commander I had on the ship before selling it I noticed some skills I had were crossed out.

At least let us redistribute the points for free if you are going to change it it's wrong to force players to have to start over again with a new commander (especially if the current one is high up!) or else have to spend doubloons for it!

Just reset all commanders back to zero spent with the points available again for redistribution during this change and update to the commander system!

I feel robbed being some comments skills I had are no longer relevant with how they were previously distributed prior to this update!!

• Bad 2

[HINON]
Supertester
19,263 posts
12,815 battles

*sigh*

Nothing's changed, the crossed out skills are still in effect, it just means that WG does not recommend using that skill on that ship.

• Bad 1

Members
113 posts
4,150 battles

So if they are not recommending it they at least they should allow us to have the chance to change it based on how they have changed the game! That isn't to much to ask as they are the ones changing it and alot of us already have commanders high up and be really expensive if we had to change to many commanders.

A one time reset since there has been changes is not much to ask for!

[HINON]
Members
9,055 posts
5 minutes ago, The_Last_Frontier said:

So if they are not recommending it they at least they should allow us to have the chance to change it based on how they have changed the game! That isn't to much to ask as they are the ones changing it and alot of us already have commanders high up and be really expensive if we had to change to many commanders.

A one time reset since there has been changes is not much to ask for!

They have already offered multiple free resets in the past when doing major skill or mechanic changes. If you must have a free option, use elite commander xp to reset without spending money.

[G0ATS]
Members
28 posts
11,805 battles

This is he second time they changed the commander skills with no free reset all about the money money... last time was when they changed the versatility skill

• Cool 1

Members
113 posts
4,150 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

They have already offered multiple free resets in the past when doing major skill or mechanic changes. If you must have a free option, use elite commander xp to reset without spending money.

While true that means you still have to have a ton load of those. In future perhaps that will let players reset but since they have let resets happen in the past and yes I do remember at least one reset they should allow it again since they did change the set up. It's wrong to change the set up and not let players have the ability to redistribute based on how they the devs changed the game. Lucky for me seems most my skill choices aren't such a huge issue with my near top level commanders but still.......

[STURM]
Members
302 posts
2,921 battles

What skills are you talking about on what ship? Most of the crossed out skills are completely useless, like expert loader on British cruisers or torpedo rearmament expertise on most battleships. 

• Bad 1

Members
113 posts
4,150 battles
1 minute ago, skullval_2015 said:

This is he second time they changed the commander skills with no free reset all about the money money... last time was when they changed the versatility skill

exactly changing the system with no free reset is all about the money they think they can earn from the people who will no doubt use doubloons to reset.

[STURM]
Members
302 posts
2,921 battles

Also, guys, none of the skills have changed at all. Everything is just as effective as they were yesterday. All that's happened is WG is putting a warning on skills that don't help your ship. Nothing else has changed.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
113 posts
4,150 battles
3 minutes ago, Baskerville77 said:

Also, guys, none of the skills have changed at all. Everything is just as effective as they were yesterday. All that's happened is WG is putting a warning on skills that don't help your ship. Nothing else has changed.

Guess that's why they not put this skill is ineffective on the skills that are now crossed out.

Either way the system has changed and they need to allow the user to reset the points. There is no harm in that and lets the user chose appropriate skill sets based on how the game is currently set up.

• Bad 1

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,789 battles
10 minutes ago, Baskerville77 said:

none of the skills have changed at all

Just restating this.  Because it's not wrong.

-R

• Bad 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,313 posts
9,900 battles

WG generally allows a free respec if THEY make major changes to how things work or changes to the skills themselves. This sounds like they are just telling you you picked a sub-optimal skill. Wondering if they will allow respec with the CV rework. AA builds may become more required.

[STURM]
Members
302 posts
2,921 battles
15 minutes ago, The_Last_Frontier said:

Guess that's why they not put this skill is ineffective on the skills that are now crossed out.

Either way the system has changed and they need to allow the user to reset the points. There is no harm in that and lets the user chose appropriate skill sets based on how the game is currently set up.

The system has not changed, outside of you having more information about what good and bad choices are. All the numbers are exactly the same as they were yesterday. If I'm wrong, please tell me what skill changed and by how much.

Also, you still haven't told us what skill you were using on what ship to make you so upset.

• Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,671 posts
25,824 battles

Like they said, no skills or utility of them has changed. It is only another step in the dumbing down of the interface.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,033 battles
1 hour ago, The_Last_Frontier said:

I honestly can't understand why you are having such a problem understanding something very simple. Perhaps you don't bother reading the responses which made it very clear that Nothing has changed!! therefore a free reset isn't warranted. The only thing they did was mark the skills that would not apply to your ship. For example, if you are in a DD, skills having to do with planes don't apply so it's marked out. That's it! They did this for those who are too lazy to figure it out for themselves. 

Now, that said... let's say you added an extra fighter plane skill to a ship that has no planes and just realized this after they put an X across the icon. They don't owe you a free reset for being ignorant. 

• Angry 1

[G0ATS]
Members
28 posts
11,805 battles

when they changed the versatility skill.....were was the free reset then still waiting....all about the money...when clan battles end and they said after clan battle a free reset would come then still waiting....

•  
Edited by skullval_2015
  • Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,789 battles
3 hours ago, skullval_2015 said:

when they changed the versatility skill.....were was the free reset then still waiting

I do not recall what you are referring to.  What patch and what changed in the Versatility column?  I've been playing since August 2015 and the last change I can remember was when Evasive Maneuver was added in 0.6.0.

That was January 2017 and we got a respec.

3 hours ago, skullval_2015 said:

when clan battles end and they said after clan battle a free reset would come then still waiting.

I can't say.  I was told by very trustworthy sources that there was compensation given to any player who had participated in Clan Battles.  My clan choses not to, so I can't say with 100% absolute certitude.

-R

[STURM]
Members
302 posts
2,921 battles
13 minutes ago, Mister_Rawr said:

I can't say.  I was told by very trustworthy sources that there was compensation given to any player who had participated in Clan Battles.  My clan choses not to, so I can't say with 100% absolute certitude.

-R

I can say. I only participated in a few clan battles, and I still got the free respec for a few days around the beginning of ranked.

I abused the heck out of it as well. It was great for testing new and weird builds.