Femennenly

Anchors Away: Anaheim - #AnchorsAwayWoWS

217 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Retired Community Contributors
546 posts
13,086 battles

AAA.jpg

This November, captains will converge upon the Esports Arena in Santa Ana for a night to remember!

Join them, along with your favorite NA Community Contributors and World of Warships NA employees for the ultimate community experience. 

Are you coming? Make sure you tag us in Social Media with #AnchorsAwayWoWS

Here are just a few of the major events we have in store:

• Exclusive Presentation with Sub_Octavian 
  • "Celebrity Tournament" featuring surprise NA CC guests
  • Open tournament for attendees with sweet prizes
  • Mini-games and game challenges
  • Hangout time with NA staff
  • Food and Drinks (adult and otherwise) included with your ticket! 
  • And more! 

Attending CCs:

Exclusive Event T-Shirt:

All event Attendees will receive and special and limited T-shirt to commemorate the event. Please make sure you reply to the emailed survey to reserve your size.

WG-SPB-Wo-WS-T-Shirt-Anaheim-All-mockup.

Admirals Tickets VIP Tour of the Iowa:

• VIP Tour of the Iowa will occur on Friday, November 9th, travel to the Iowa (via group bus) is included with your ticket, tours will leave at approximately 10am (PST)
  • You must have a Admirals Package Ticket to attend the tour. There is no availability to upgrade your ticket.
  • Group bus will leave from Embassy Suites by: Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport 1325 East Dyer Road, Santa Ana, California, 92705, USA
  • VIPs will be divided into 4 groups for the Tours, 2 will be more History focused, 2 more social and casual.
  • The Iowa Tours will be in groups of 15-20 players with 1-2 WG Staff, and 3 CCs per a group.
  • The tours potentially will have access to normally restricted areas of the ship not seen by the public.
  • The group options are listed below, first come first serve for group Selection:

Capture.png

Event Schedule (Approximate times):

12:00pm - Doors Open.

12:30pm - Opening Announcement - Main Stage / Online Stream

1:00-2:00pm -  Trivia and Stage games with Staff - Main Stage / Online Stream

2:00-4:00pm - CC Tournament Presentation - Main Stage / Online Stream

4:00-5:00pm - @Sub_Octavian Presentaton with Q&A Section - Main Stage / Online Stream

5:00-6:00pm - Chill Time + Qualification for Public Tournament - General Space + Computers

6:00-8:00pm - Public Tournament Presentation - Main Stage

8:00pm - Closing Remarks.

FAQ:

Spoiler

Who will be in attending from Wargaming?
Majority of the NA WoWS Staff including:

1. @RadarX
  2. @Gneisenau013
  3. @TragicLoss
  4. @sea_you
  5. @Pigeon_of_War
  6. @wacko17
  7. @Femennenly
  8. @WGkami

and Special Guest @Sub_Octavian from St. Petersburg WoWS Headquarters, will be there.

What time does the main event start?
The main event will open at 12pm Saturday and run until 8pm

What can I do at the event?
There will be many activities and events occurring throughout the night, as noted above. We also have a few more things in store but you'll have to be patient. 

What about swag?
There will be an event limited T-shirt available for all ticket purchases, please enter your sizes on the survey provided after purchase.

Can I bring my own computer?
The arena is outfitted with high end PC systems which will be already set up for the event. You will not be able to bring your own PC.

How will the public Tournament work?
We will have gaming stations set up where attendees will be able to play. 
Play on these stations and get 100k DMG in any ship, raise your hand and an organizer will verify your DMG.
The first 10 people to reach this will be invited to play in the tournament. 

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[RQL]
Members
209 posts
9,282 battles

*grumbles something about WG never doing anything his side of the country*

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,956 posts
16,376 battles

Looks amazing!

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,717 posts
9,443 battles

Yes there seems to be a lot of wows players in the Orange County CA area... had a few people in cute that live in the area that we didn’t know eachother before joining.

[XXX]
[XXX]
Members
29 posts
13,190 battles

Can't wait for Wargaming to set up a meeting in the Missouri.  Will need a lot of notice if they do it.

[-V1-]
Members
294 posts
5,773 battles

Hey, How about LAS VEGAS?    We have the airline connections, hotels, and great weather and host many of the largest conventions nearly weekly so have the know-how and experience to meet any demands you may have.

[STW]
Members
64 posts
14,340 battles
On 9/19/2018 at 9:29 AM, Femennenly said:

This November, captains will converge upon the Esports Arena in Santa Ana for a night to remember!

This is very cool.  I am seriously considering going since getting to the LA area is straight forward for me.

I expect the WG team have already been contacted by the language police regarding "anchors aweigh" (not "anchors away").  Unless they deliberately wanted some play on words here?

• Cool 1

[WGA]
546 posts
13,086 battles
2 hours ago, AnIolairGhorm said:

This is very cool.  I am seriously considering going since getting to the LA area is straight forward for me.

I expect the WG team have already been contacted by the language police regarding "anchors aweigh" (not "anchors away").  Unless they deliberately wanted some play on words here?

Confirmed, a play on words :)

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[VFW]
Members
1,115 posts
22,664 battles

Are/Is there any plan(s) soon for another "Let's Battle" event.   Really enjoyed the one held on the Lex last November.   Also maybe a local WoWS event in Austin again would be great....

VR, 

Edited by TexJapan

[WGA]
546 posts
13,086 battles
5 hours ago, TexJapan said:

Are/Is there any plan(s) soon for another "Let's Battle" event.   Really enjoyed the one held on the Lex last November.   Also maybe a local WoWS event in Austin again would be great....

VR, 

“Let’s Battle” is the name for when all games are  involved in the event. This one is a Ships orientated event so we wanted to make it distinctive with a new name :) You never know what will be around the corner.

Fem

• Bad 1

Members
165 posts
13,200 battles

Well just pass this message up the line sometime, How about a customer event in NYC at the Brooklyn Navy Yard where most of the American Ships were built over the kast 150 years.  Just a thought.

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
309 posts
On 9/19/2018 at 9:39 PM, StingRayOne said:

anyone have a link to tickets for this?

Not released yet. Stay tuned.

[WGA]
-Members-, Beta Testers
7 posts
789 battles
On 9/20/2018 at 8:59 AM, dbw86 said:

Hey, How about LAS VEGAS?    We have the airline connections, hotels, and great weather and host many of the largest conventions nearly weekly so have the know-how and experience to meet any demands you may have.

Las Vegas is too far from the Iowa ;)

• Funny 1

Members
2,143 posts
10,628 battles
On 21/09/2018 at 5:59 PM, Vulgarr said:

Not released yet. Stay tuned.

Here's hoping they do that soon.  I'd like to make sure I can get in before I book a hotel room