Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Razorwyre

Ship skins

7 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
2,498 battles

Not sure if this is the right place for this topic but here it goes anyway.

So before the update all my ship skins worked,  but know i update and start to play only to have the game crash time and time again, just for kicks i remove my ships skins from the update and presto it works, so am i to assume we CANT USE ship skins period, and if that is the case, why not it dont hurt anything hell just adds enjoyment to the game for me atleast

[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,063 battles
8 minutes ago, Razorwyre said:

I wouldn't think that they just removed the skins from the game. I can't check mine right now, I'm not at home. Read the patch notes and see if they say they were removed. If they don't then you should send in the support ticket.

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,789 battles

If you mean skins that are part of a mod, most likely the author of that particular mod will need to update and re-release their mod pack.  Something has probably changed that does not translate.  Contact the author to see what they have planned.

-R

Members
8 posts
2,498 battles

No there not part of a mod pack, i got them from TANZS, And FIRE WYVERNS plus other web sites through the forum website, tried to add them in through nation and still nothing so im not sure what the issue is

[AMWKS]
Modder
177 posts
2,617 battles

I make a lot of custom skins and I came across this same issue.  I don't know if it applies to everyone @Razorwyrebut here's what I know so far.

The projectile directory in content\gameplay\uk was one of the issues.  I had to remove it for the Monarch to load properly.  But there's still an issue with ships that share main gun textures.  I'm going to try removing just the main guns and see what happens.

Hope it helps.

Edited by CompassRose

Members
8 posts
2,498 battles

Thanks for the info atleast im not the only one having this issue, TBH i dunno if i could play w/o them since they bring the game to life for me anyways, i mean it is just eye candy but still im the one looking at it when i play so, yeah weird i know but still. And im not to keen with removing skins from certain areas cause im no skinner so i wouldnt even no where to begin and how to do it,

Edited by Razorwyre
spelling

Sign in to follow this