Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Larry_Talbot

For fans of the Iron Duke

8 comments in this topic

Members
21 posts
339 battles

Here is an article from a Canadian Newspaper that was published shortly after her commissioning. No real news but interesting from an historical perspective.

10URRDJ.jpg

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,274 posts
4,243 battles

I thought you were going to post about her getting a catapult plane.

I tried hard to like this ship, but she turned out to be an uptiered Orion in my hands, and I had no more than a very few good games in her. Blissfully relieved to get her done and move on.

Members
551 posts
2,102 battles
35 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I thought you were going to post about her getting a catapult plane.

I tried hard to like this ship, but she turned out to be an uptiered Orion in my hands, and I had no more than a very few good games in her. Blissfully relieved to get her done and move on.

How was the QE?

[ARGSY]
Members
6,274 posts
4,243 battles
19 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

How was the QE?

My experience of the QE is coloured by the fact that I also have the Warspite - in fact, I think I bought the Warspite while I was still grinding the Iron Duke.  So for me the QE is superfluous from the main armament point of view, and also because she can't train captains the way the Grand Old Lady can. However, her secondary battery is a different kettle of fish, and I am hanging on to her because her captain is very close to having enough points for AFT... and I want to see what her secondary/AA capabilities are like with that fitted. I'd like to try sailing into the harbour in Operation Killer Whale and seeing if I can use her to murder the transport ships while my main guns are concentrating on other things.

I liked her enough to hang on to her, but I also blew through her very quickly because she was being ground through at a point where I had lots of premium time, lots of free playing time, and lots of XP-boosting camo. All that combined to expedite my grind. And I wanted the KGV rather badly.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
18,219 posts
5,202 battles
31 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Ty it is good to have an idea of what to expect going up the line.

Is your avatar the original PTO? 

I played the crap out of it in college on Sega lol.

Members
551 posts
2,102 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Is your avatar the original PTO? 

I played the crap out of it in college on Sega lol.

Yeah it is too bad the sequel wasnt as good.

Members
18,219 posts
5,202 battles
2 hours ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Yeah it is too bad the sequel wasnt as good.

It had some good elements though, like the researching (and naming of) different planes, and it was prettier to look at lol.

I also liked the "card game" every month for your objectives. I can't remember though, did the first one have that too?

Sign in to follow this