You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Malarkey_

Wayback Wednesday - Your first T10

22 comments in this topic

[MWM]
Supertester
261 posts
6,833 battles

1200px-Gearing_wows_main.thumb.jpg.e5477eb477d9204f8b4c5a0042ccd98f.jpg

What's you first T10 and why did you pick that line?

How often do you still play it?

Was it the right ship for you once you got it?

I'll start off. :cap_yes:

My first was the Gearing as per the picture. I play it at least 3-5 times a week and basically all my ranked game for the most part. It was the perfect ship for me. It and the entire US DD line was what made me love playing DDs which even 3+Years later is still my favorite class. Loved the fast pace action and DD knife fights.

Edited by Malarkey_

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

GKF was my first... I was a US BB main since I preferred the shorter range brawling it was known for compared the the IJN- since those were the only two options. As soon as the German BB line came out I wanted Bismark sooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad I think I free XPd to it and hung out there for awhile. Then gradually worked into GKF. 

I seldom play it anymore... I played a coop battle in it last week to get a Supercontainer. Prior to that my last battle in it was months ago. 

Got tired of being on fire all [edited]game... so I moved on. 

• Cool 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,543 battles

My first tier 10 was Harugumo... 3 days after its release. Why did I pick that over Shimakaze as my first: It was the newest ship so, yeah.

Considering it is only 1 of 2 of my tier 10s, yeah I would say I play it often. Though so far, I am focusing on Shimakaze, to unlock its other torpedo options.

YES, it most certainly was the right ship for me. I have fun blowing ships up with those pew pew guns.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,223 posts
12,740 battles

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

My first was the GK because my uncle had the bismark and I was super jelly. I am/was grinding all the battleships, but rushed the germans because secondaries. I am now a few days from having all the bbs:Smile-_tongue:

[BLHK]
Members
348 posts
3,437 battles

Henri IV

I still play it fairly regularly. It is the only T10 I have although I do have the resources on another couple of lines

I tried the French Cruiser line just to do something different, and fell in love with the whole French battle doctrine behind the ships.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,414 posts
9,542 battles

I was a BB main and my first tier 10 was the Shima…lol

The early IJN tree just progressed so fast ended up out pacing my US BB's Second tier 10 was the Montana.

[CAST]
Members
1,205 posts
7,381 battles

Mine was Yamato, because it was the longest range ship with the biggest guns at the time.  Still is.  However, I like to get in a bit closer, because it fits my play style, and it really devastates ships from mid ranges.  I play it from time to time when I need a break from a particular ship grind.  I have a bunch of T10s now, and unfortunately don't have the time to play them all.  I do play the Yamato the most of all my T10s, but that may change, since I do also enjoy the Republique that I recently got.

[NFFS]
Members
36 posts
3,849 battles

My first T10 was the Hindenburg.  It had a reputation as a tank and was quite highly thought of at the time.  I use it to warm up every time I log in, just a quick co-op game to get into it. 

[S-N-D]
Members
1,652 posts
5,592 battles

Hakuryu. I picked that line because i'm the type to start playing a new game on the hardest difficulty. At one time I enjoyed the line. Once I hit tier 10 in carriers, not so much. My win rate plummeted after strafe was introduced because it required I babysit players in game at the expense of my attack planning. AA continually worsened. The players in tier 10 are some of the most entitled and whingey in the community. Issues I deal with in 10 were frankly not there in 1-9.

It's also why I personally can not wait for the CV overhaul. I enjoyed switching to plane view when the opportunity was there and soon when an enemy CV is wrecking your ship there is going to be nothing the friendly CV can do about it which shifts the responsibility on to the person it always should have been, self.

BlXWc7G.jpg

Edited by _Caliph_
  • Cool 1

Members
190 posts
15,789 battles

Like most people, mt first T10 was Yamato. 

I used to play it a lot, but not really much anymore, because I am much more suited for cruisers

I find cruisers to be more fun than BBs because you have better DPM and better survivalbility if played correctly.

Members
3,787 posts
14,062 battles

My first tier 10 was Hindenberg. A excellent Cruiser though I don't play her much anymore because I don't care for tier 10 play.

Members
160 posts
9,160 battles

Khaba was my first. I really enjoyed the Kiev and didn't think the Trashcan was that bad. Having eight guns on a super fast ship was very attractive to me. I grinded the line hard and now have over 500 games in the Khaba averaging about 90K. It remains an easy ship to play, even after the nerfs, though storms hurt it badly. 

I know have every tier X DD save for the Shima. 

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

Hindenburg. It felt right at the time...went right in on the perms camo. Played it all the time, too.  The meta has changed and so has the ship itself since then.  I don’t much enjoy it anymore and hardly play it. Hindy is/was a great ship for a meta where KM BB are also strong, but pretty lack luster for the long range camping. 

If I had it to do over, I don’t waste time on any of the German lines, honestly. I have so many Captains and Ships and mostly just feel foolish not sailing them....but, I don’t enjoy them, and that’s that. I’m trying to grind the DD a bit to see if I can at least endure them.

[PVE]
Members
9,734 posts
7,466 battles

I started with the US cruiser line. I had Cleveland for a while and was close to New Orleans when the US split was announced last year. I ground like crazy and got to Des Moines in Feb. I have NC, Cleveland and Richielieu at T8 and don't know which I will finish next.

[SHAFT]
Members
202 posts
10,220 battles

My first was the Des Moines...

Why? Because I'm a sadist and enjoyed the punishing grind to get her...lol not really....4.5 sec reload simple.

My second was Shima, so maybe I do enjoy getting my butt kicked every so often.

While I may not be a unicum with either, I still love both and play each almost daily when I can. Had some great games as well as some meh with both.

[NUWES]
Members
1,658 posts
5,567 battles

My first was Des Moines. It was quite a while ago and I still play it almost daily. I don't necessarily love the teams I am on but is still far-and-away my favorite ship. It does almost everything but clean the coffee pot (or tank damage lol). Need DDs killed? Yep. Need cruisers killed? Yep. Need BBs killed? Post up behind an island or kite away first, but .. yep. Nasty planes bothering you? DM has an answer for  that as well.  Need improved team vision? Check.  

There are other ships that do some of this better, but no other ship is very good with all of it. The only real hitch with DM is it is one of the most difficult T10s to play well. It absolutely collapses if you misposition or put yourself in position to be attacked early. No one misses a chance to take a shot at a DM out in the open. It has taken me years to improve my disastrous start with the ship. I always loved the ship, it just didn't love me back until relatively recently. lol 

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,138 battles

My first T10 was the Grosser Kurfurst. However, the FdG grind was so painful, I played one GK battle (which was awful) and I was done with it. Have barely played it since (except last week, and the year before, for the crate, in coop). 

Minotaur, otoh, is a joy. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,347 posts
9,543 battles

Was the Yamato, I used to enjoy PvP in battleships, especially IJN ones, so it was the logical choice.

Found out I don't like what tier 10 BB play has turned into.

Then got the Shimakaze and have more fun now.

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles

My first was the Yamato.  Not the space version (which by the way @Lertmakes it the only ship to easily counter the new subs) but the ARP "lite" version as shown below.   I love the Yamato, and it is still my most played ship.   After it, I got the GK, Conqueror, Republique, Shimakaze and the USN cruisers Worcester and Des Moines, but it is still my favorite, if not the most successful (Republique).

Yamato Lite.jpg