You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

Is There a Place

26 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts

Who won the Ship of the Day Contest I've  looked and there is no longer even a post for Ship of the Day that I could find:Smile_sad:

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

You mean the event where there was no real way to track your progress? 

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles

The rewards were to be given out by EOD today, so still time for an article.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
22 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

TYVM:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles

I want to be able to look in my port and see a shiny new Tirpitz waiting there when I finally log in tonight. I already have a Gallant and a Scharnhorst, and unless/until the Blys gets stablemates (e.g. ORP Dragon) or becomes part of a larger European group, the one-ship one-captain thing seems rather limiting.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,564 battles

Would love to see a new shiny ship in port when I log in... likely tomorrow... the update is downloading so slowly right now.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles
2 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Would love to see a new shiny ship in port when I log in... likely tomorrow... the update is downloading so slowly right now.

That's because everybody else wants it too, right now. They're all possibly trying to get in ahead of the after-work rush... and causing a during-work rush instead, LOL.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,564 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That's because everybody else wants it too, right now. They're all possibly trying to get in ahead of the after-work rush... and causing a during-work rush instead, LOL.

nah, my download speed sucks, because my ISP sucks. I'm also going through steam, which will throttle download speed when needed, so I, and others in the family, can access internet without problem. So many things causing my slow download speed.

[-WPG-]
Members
813 posts
3,375 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

[-WPG-]
Members
813 posts
3,375 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Hit submit too soon. Meant to say WG updates via torrents, so it's not WG severs that are to blame.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
9 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

9 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I want to be able to look in my port and see a shiny new Tirpitz waiting there when I finally log in tonight. I already have a Gallant and a Scharnhorst, and unless/until the Blys gets stablemates (e.g. ORP Dragon) or becomes part of a larger European group, the one-ship one-captain thing seems rather limiting.

Still haven't seen anything about it and today was the day to announce winners of "Ship of the Day" Contest/Event

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,798 posts
7,485 battles
1 minute ago, shadowsrmine said:

Still haven't seen anything about it and today was the day to announce winners of "Ship of the Day" Contest/Event

yep, 9pm EST / 6pm PST should count for EOD.

Awkward delay.

GxSuFXv.jpg

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/community/doody/

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles

Hope survives!

(Seriously, though, I hope it goes to some penniless newb who struggled through five epic co-op battles in their brand new Friant and knows better than to take their new Tier 8 prize straight into Ranked the day they get it. Though I sort of wouldn't blame such a person if they did.)

[PVE]
Members
5,643 posts
18,236 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Hope survives!

(Seriously, though, I hope it goes to some penniless newb who struggled through five epic co-op battles in their brand new Friant and knows better than to take their new Tier 8 prize straight into Ranked the day they get it. Though I sort of wouldn't blame such a person if they did.)

When I first started playing, I bought several premium ships and hopped right into battle with them. What saved me was I was such a tightwad that I only bought the cheap ships and that limited me to tier 5 and below. My absolute love of the USN St. Louis was my other saving grace, just played her till I was sick of all the pewpewpew fun. I had some wonderfully derpy games in my Murmansk at the time, I can not even imagine getting a Tirpitz as a noob. That would have been a disaster. A fun disaster but a calamity all the same.

Course now that I ponder it, still not much better than I was.... I suck...

Edited by Taylor3006

[ARGSY]
Members
6,354 posts
4,288 battles

@Taylor3006 I guess I just want the big ones to go to someone who could use them well but can't afford them. (Would I refuse one if I won it? Hell, no. But sooner or later I was going to play one of the ships of the day in the course of normal play anyway, so I'm not going to feel guilty if I win.)

BTW is there any place that lists what all the ships were? The St Louis was the last one I played, and then I was on holidays until it was almost over and when I got back I didn't have the last ship (the T6 French tech-tree CL).

[PVE]
Members
5,643 posts
18,236 battles

Oh don't get me wrong, would love for someone to get the ships who does not have the money to buy them normally. Just read your post and started reminiscing about when I was a total noob and what I would have done.... Probably derailed the topic but was done whimsically, not out of malice. You just brought back fun memories for me is all.  

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

@Taylor3006 I guess I just want the big ones to go to someone who could use them well but can't afford them. (Would I refuse one if I won it? Hell, no. But sooner or later I was going to play one of the ships of the day in the course of normal play anyway, so I'm not going to feel guilty if I win.)

BTW is there any place that lists what all the ships were? The St Louis was the last one I played, and then I was on holidays until it was almost over and when I got back I didn't have the last ship (the T6 French tech-tree CL).

:Smile_great:

4 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Oh don't get me wrong, would love for someone to get the ships who does not have the money to buy them normally. Just read your post and started reminiscing about when I was a total noob and what I would have done.... Probably derailed the topic but was done whimsically, not out of malice. You just brought back fun memories for me is all.  

:Smile_great:Actually 'I' happen to be one of those people whilst I do have a  few premiums I got those by doing without in other areas as I am on  SS  and while I do watch some TV  and occasionally a movie there is very little worth watching anymore And forget the So called News Media other than video games it's books and there hasn't been very much of that out lately either,    

[SF-3]
Members
1,536 posts
8,148 battles
23 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

You mean the event where there was no real way to track your progress? 

yup, made me totally forget about the event, oh well, i suppose.