You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bailen

Guineas, how do you get them again?

15 comments in this topic

[SEC_8]
Members
145 posts
3,544 battles

The 0.7.9 update says this:

Another new goodie in the Arsenal is Tier VIII Premium destroyer Cossack, at the price of 50 Guineas. Over the course of the three versions, you can get a significant discount for the ship: taking part in the Royal Navy event can earn you up to 48 Guineas.

Does this mean that each stage gives one guinea?  Can you buy guineas with money or doubloons?  Can you get them in Royal Navy boxes? (if so they aren't listed)

Each of the three versions covering the entire Royal Navy event consists of four Stages, each lasting one week. Every Stage contains four Directives, while each Directive has 5 to 7 missions. The missions will be simple and will be unlocked daily from Wednesday until Saturday each week. The only exception is the first Stage, which has two initial Directives set to be opened at once on the first day, Thursday. Complete the missions, claim your reward for a Directive, and proceed to the next one as soon as it is opened on the designated day.

They are saying you can earn a total of 48, assuming that each stage has 4 directives that contain 5 to 7 missions...   4 stages x 4 directives x 6 missions = 96...  It just doesn't add up?

Edited by Torpin

[-K-]
Members
5,270 posts
9,108 battles

You get them for completing directives, not missions.

[SEC_8]
Members
145 posts
3,544 battles
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

kk, so four stages with four directives each....    16...     So three guineas for each completed directive?   How are we to buy the 2 missing?  They aren't listed in the Royal Navy or Premium Royal Navy containers...   Just curious :)

[-K-]
Members
5,270 posts
9,108 battles
2 minutes ago, Torpin said:

kk, so four stages with four directives each....    16...     So three guineas for each completed directive?   How are we to buy the 2 missing?  They aren't listed in the Royal Navy or Premium Royal Navy containers...   Just curious :)

Apparently, they will be available for purchase in the Premium Shop at some point.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,688 posts
7,466 battles
10 minutes ago, Torpin said:

Does this mean that each stage gives one guinea?  Can you buy guineas with money or doubloons?  Can you get them in Royal Navy boxes? (if so they aren't listed)

They are saying you can earn a total of 48, assuming that each stage has 4 directives that contain 5 to 7 missions...   4 stages x 4 directives x 6 missions = 96...  It just doesn't add up?

2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Yep, 4 stages with 4 Directives each in each patch (month). There are 3 patches, so 48 Directives. You get 1 Stage a week with it's 4 Directives and they are all released by Sat morning (one per day from Wed to Sat). The best time to play is Sat to Mon to complete all 4 Directives at once for a Stage. The Stage ends Tuesday, most likely at 7am EST (3am PST), so you need to complete them before then. You can not go back and complete old Stages.

So you can earn your first 2 Guineas tomorrow, Sep 20th by completing Directives I & II in Stage 1 of this patch. Your last Directive, Stage 4, Directive 4 in patch 7.11 will become available Dec 8th and you have until Dec 10th to complete it.

Guineas will be sold in the shop, you will need at least 2 for  an estimated $1-2. I expect there will be packs of Guineas sold for those who just want to buy Cossack. We will know more about the shop between today and Friday most likely. 

• Cool 2

[NSC]
Members
130 posts
5,248 battles

Dumb question...I cannot seem to find the directives in game...

[PVE]
Members
9,688 posts
7,466 battles
Just now, Stongatola said:

Event starts tomorrow at 7am.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,809 posts
10,327 battles
Just now, Stongatola said:

It starts tomorrow, for whatever reason they split it from the main patch by a day.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,101 posts
12,663 battles
34 minutes ago, mofton said:

It starts tomorrow, for whatever reason they split it from the main patch by a day.

Probably because patch day has lots of other issues (like today's coal and steel building bugs), and so people who have a slow download that they can't start until they get home don't get left behind.

• Cool 1

Members
1 post
824 battles

But unfortunately you only get 4 of them, I've done all my directives, and you get 1 per directive. So the max you get is 4.

With the Cossack costing 50, so you would still need to buy 46 of them once they put them where you can buy them. 

Unless you can get them in the Premium Royal Navy Crates, and not the normal (Normal ones give 5 Sovereigns, and the premium I just got for completing a tier 7-8 Brit destroyer mission gave me 15)

Members
364 posts
6 battles
4 minutes ago, VSlash said:

But unfortunately you only get 4 of them, I've done all my directives, and you get 1 per directive. So the max you get is 4.

With the Cossack costing 50, so you would still need to buy 46 of them once they put them where you can buy them. 

Unless you can get them in the Premium Royal Navy Crates, and not the normal (Normal ones give 5 Sovereigns, and the premium I just got for completing a tier 7-8 Brit destroyer mission gave me 15)

There will be new directives to do each week.

[ENDVR]
Members
410 posts
5,326 battles
5 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

And then the ramp up for Halloween begins.  Think I’ll just power through the first 40 guineas on top of the 10 for $1 and get a couple week’s break in at the end.  Thinking I might get a little burnt out if the only break from now until January is a few weeks around Thanksgiving :/.  My one criticism this Q3&4 2018.

At least... I don’t think there’s a ranked season there, right?

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,688 posts
7,466 battles
4 hours ago, VSlash said:

4 hours ago, pinkship9001 said:

This.:Smile_great:

There are 12 weeks (Stages) of 4 Directives each week for a total of 48 Directives.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
On 9/19/2018 at 11:39 AM, Torpin said:

On 9/19/2018 at 11:47 AM, Ace_04 said:

On 9/19/2018 at 11:56 AM, Ace_04 said:

Apparently, they will be available for purchase in the Premium Shop at some point.

And you get no Guineas in a Premium Royal Navy Container?