Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
senseNOTmade

Incredibly high Ping

4 comments in this topic

[ASHIP]
Members
597 posts
5,316 battles

I'm sure this will probably already have been reported on elsewhere, but last game (playing the new gamemode) I found myself suddenly experiencing an incredibly high ping. I was getting ping counters ranging from 600-1300, with spikes sometimes reaching as high as 2000. It felt worse though: switching between shells and torpedoes took upwards of five seconds (I completed a 180 degree turn in the donskoi before it managed to switch). What also felt weird is that I only experienced lag in the upload speed. Other ships were acting normally, and there didn't appear to be any lag. Moreover, indicators such as my rudder shift and speed were also functioning normally, even as the ship itself took several seconds longer than the indicators to respond to my inputs, with situations arising where my rudder was jammed fully to one side (I have a rudder shift build on the donskoi), but the ship still turning the other way. I should also mention that I had played two or three battles before this without any ping issues.

I assume this has to do with the update and stuff, but thought you guys should be aware of the issue. That said, I won't be playing again until I get notified that this issue has been resolved.

Edited by senseNOTmade

[-OPS-]
Members
70 posts
4,622 battles

I had the same issue about 945 am eastern today...got a “server change” message and all has been fine since.  1015

[HINON]
Supertester
19,247 posts
12,791 battles

What do ducks know about ping anyways. :Smile_hiding:

Community Department
2,113 posts
520 battles
2 hours ago, senseNOTmade said:

I'm sure this will probably already have been reported on elsewhere, but last game (playing the new gamemode) I found myself suddenly experiencing an incredibly high ping. I was getting ping counters ranging from 600-1300, with spikes sometimes reaching as high as 2000. It felt worse though: switching between shells and torpedoes took upwards of five seconds (I completed a 180 degree turn in the donskoi before it managed to switch). What also felt weird is that I only experienced lag in the upload speed. Other ships were acting normally, and there didn't appear to be any lag. Moreover, indicators such as my rudder shift and speed were also functioning normally, even as the ship itself took several seconds longer than the indicators to respond to my inputs, with situations arising where my rudder was jammed fully to one side (I have a rudder shift build on the donskoi), but the ship still turning the other way. I should also mention that I had played two or three battles before this without any ping issues.

I assume this has to do with the update and stuff, but thought you guys should be aware of the issue. That said, I won't be playing again until I get notified that this issue has been resolved.

I don't see any mass issues with network at the time. Please, create a ticket with WGCheck report (extended network diagnostics) attached. And make some descriptions, or you may copy your topic. Write in the ticket the type of connection and the model of your router. 

Sign in to follow this