Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

Seattle is pos, worst t9 cruiser

54 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
2,015 posts

any ship can cit her at any angle, lol, the shells take forever to land

until wg fix it, not going to play anymore, i have a feeling from cleveland to worcester, this line just sucks

so glad i got the DM perma camo instead of worcester from go navy event

Edited by Happy668
  • Boring 2

[PNG]
Supertester, Supertester
5,663 posts
6,469 battles

Your feelings do not appear to match the current server win rates.

rVjJaGh.png

J3rKCWH.png

Both Seattle and Wooster are the highest performing tech line cruisers at their tier.

Edited by Compassghost
  • Boring 1

Members
18,173 posts
5,190 battles
7 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

until wg fix it, not going to play anymore, i have a feeling from cleveland to worcester, this line just sucks

It's ok if those ships aren't your style. I didn't like the old Cleveland, and while I might get Dallas in order to get to Helena, I'm not in a hurry. Squishy island huggers aren't my cup of tea. In fact, only reason I decided to keep going up the CA line past NO was because I got Baltimore for free, and found that the shells aren't as floaty as I was led to believe.

Nobody says you have to like every new ship line that gets released.

• Cool 1

[RST]
Members
332 posts
6,850 battles

I'll confess to just this week free XPing past Seattle to Worcester just a few days ago (wanted the tier X SC, also the credit discount on purchase...did not want to spend the FXP but also did not want to buy, grind, and then lose credits on a ship I did not intend to keep).  This may be the first ship I've FXP past completely, but the feedback in general doesn't make me regret it.

[PRAVD]
[PRAVD]
Alpha Tester
211 posts
2,972 battles

You obviously haven't played the Buffalo..... 

• Cool 1

[FART]
Members
99 posts
4,702 battles

I FXP'd the Seattle as well -- not because I didn't want to give it a try, but because I needed that sweet, sweet Worcester for Ranked.

[RST]
Members
332 posts
6,850 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

It's ok if those ships aren't your style. I didn't like the old Cleveland, and while I might get Dallas in order to get to Helena, I'm not in a hurry. Squishy island huggers aren't my cup of tea. In fact, only reason I decided to keep going up the CA line past NO was because I got Baltimore for free, and found that the shells aren't as floaty as I was led to believe.

Nobody says you have to like every new ship line that gets released.

And this may really be it for me, I seem to be finding my groove on cruisers, but heavy cruisers seem to gel with me better.  Cleveland push to Worcester was really more about opportunity to get to a tier X and not that I really like that line.  At the moment, I'd say German cruisers seem to be my thing, but others don't seem to like them.

[RST]
Members
332 posts
6,850 battles
Just now, Roadster311 said:

Love the Seattle. She's a keeper

Hmmm, well, maybe in time I'll need to try her out. 

[WOLF1]
Members
2,015 posts
1 minute ago, Lert said:

According to you, everything is a POS.

how do you draw that conclusion? even from my OP i love DM, lol

Members
18,173 posts
5,190 battles
1 minute ago, Compassghost said:

Your feelings do not appear to match the current server win rates.

Both Seattle and Wooster are the highest performing tech line cruisers at their tier.

Exactly. Sometimes people need to realise that, instead of complaining about a line's performance, it might be best just to pass on it, or only grind it so far.

Take KM BBs for instance. I ground up to FdG, learned that T9&10 BBs pretty much all handle like dump trucks with flat tires, so I've decided to stop at T8 BBs. (at least for now)

RN DDs are coming out in the next several days, and I only plan to grind them to my level of comfort. (T5, maybe T6)

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
23 posts
3,970 battles
4 minutes ago, groomsiebelle said:

I'll confess to just this week free XPing past Seattle to Worcester just a few days ago (wanted the tier X SC, also the credit discount on purchase...did not want to spend the FXP but also did not want to buy, grind, and then lose credits on a ship I did not intend to keep).  This may be the first ship I've FXP past completely, but the feedback in general doesn't make me regret it.

Just did the exact same thing for the exact same reasons.

I did just start grinding the Roon and Donskoi the last week or so, but I enjoy their gameplay style much more so I didn't feel the same urge to free XP past them.

Members
18,173 posts
5,190 battles
5 minutes ago, groomsiebelle said:

And this may really be it for me, I seem to be finding my groove on cruisers, but heavy cruisers seem to gel with me....

I didn't like CLs at all, until I hit Fiji. What I learned there rekindled my interest in Budyonny, which got me to Shchors, and Chappy, which I loved.

5 minutes ago, groomsiebelle said:

At the moment, I'd say German cruisers seem to be my thing, but others don't seem to like them.

Well, I dunno if anybody has anything bad to say about Hindenburg lol. (you're in for a treat)

Yorck has always been considered a "meh" ship at best, yet I did pretty well in it, (compared to my performance at the time) and enjoyed playing it. Hipper was also a joy, I forgot I was grinding until I realised it had been elite for 40K XP lol. Also rebought KBerg, it's one of the only T5s I play much anymore.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,015 posts
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

Just going from memory, I've not actually checked your post history, but I seem to remember you as a notorious "This <X> sucks" poster.

nope, i rarely say a ship sucks, unless it really sucks, lol

[WOLF1]
Members
2,015 posts
5 minutes ago, yeochee said:

Just did the exact same thing for the exact same reasons.

I did just start grinding the Roon and Donskoi the last week or so, but I enjoy their gameplay style much more so I didn't feel the same urge to free XP past them.

i love Roon and Donskoi, after complete grind through my kill/death of Roon is 4.09, 81k average damage lol

Edited by Happy668

Members
834 posts
10 battles
28 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

In every case of this ship sucks it is ALWAYS the operator and not the ship. You might not have the skill set to operate the Seattle effectively.

• Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,189 posts
12,699 battles
7 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

Fair enough.

In this case though, it's still a matter of PEBKAC. Seattle is not a great ship, but not a horrible one either. It just requires a specific play style. I personally don't enjoy that play style, but it can be quite potent in the right hands.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
2 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

There was a debate that started back in July about the Seattle and compared it to the Cleveland. People called it worse simply due to the Seattle having the same "guns" as the Cleveland and trying to assert that the Seattle and Cleveland would have the same overall average damage. Back then the Cleveland had around a 42k average damage per and the Seattle had about a 53kish, though both had few games. At the moment the Cleveland has, 39,659 and the Seattle has 50,137. I highly doubt that the extra upgrade slot gives a 10k boost in average damage...

More over, the Seattle doesn't see Tier 6 unless someone has div'ed a Tier up, the Cleveland will as part of it's normal que cycle (spare me the 95% of the time Tier 8's are in Tier 10 matches, that's not apart of the argument here and if that is the stance, the Seattle falls into that category as well, so the argument is D.O.A. anyway).

The USN CL line is a great CL line, though like any ship or ship line in this game, it comes down to personal preference. If someone doesn't like something, that's fine, that is their opinion. However, that doesn't make it "trash", "faulty", "broken", "under powered", the list of verbs goes on. All that means is that a player doesn't like it, period.

With this, you don't like it. Cool, but in no way shape or form does that constitute your claim of "The Seattle is the worse Tier 9 ship".

• Cool 1

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,058 posts
3,925 battles

Nothing wrong with Seattle; they are the favorite tasty snack for my Alabama, Massachusetts, and Iowa.

In all seriousness, as some have said, maybe Seattle isn't your cup of tea. The ship can be a real PITA when played correctly, and server stats say she is doing fairly well.

Edited by BBsquid

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles

11 minutes ago, Lert said:

Fair enough.

In this case though, it's still a matter of PEBKAC. Seattle is not a great ship, but not a horrible one either. It just requires a specific play style. I personally don't enjoy that play style, but it can be quite potent in the right hands.

Yup, and +1 sir. While I liked the Seattle, it did come with its struggles and I never downplayed that when debating people. I did however add that it was a nice setup for the Worcester and was almost like a proverbial payoff for the Seattle. None the less, playing through the Seattle, in my humble opinion, helps with learning how to play the Worcester. Positioning, firing arcs/travel times, etc.

I mean heck, even my frumpy bum did well in her, not over the top, but above server average.

Spoiler

Seattle.thumb.JPG.fe1619af197df159642c99d1e3d7ef29.JPG

Edited by BURN_Miner
  • Cool 1

Members
1,457 posts
12,292 battles

The only ship in all the non cv lines that I 100% free exped by - just was not interested in grinding this ship

[INTEL]
Members
791 posts
8,242 battles
43 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

...you got to Seattle before finding out USN 152mm shells are floaty and light cruisers are squishy? :Smile_sceptic:

My god, the thing has exactly the same caliber guns, same shell speed, and same same shell weights as every USN light cruiser from Dallas to Worcester. Did you expect the guns to change behavior because its a T9? :Smile_facepalm:

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,724 posts
7,664 battles

According to the Legendary Radar thread its OP because it has radar. I think they suggested smashing Radar with the nerf hammer and nerfing the shell velocity by 150 m/s.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,796 posts
10,286 battles

Irrespective of her performance, her rubbish turret angles and poor traverse for her rate of fire really made her a chore for me. I FXP'd about half of her with pleasure.

I'd rather have a T9 Cleveland with the repair and T9 module.

Sign in to follow this