Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Eremiyah

Regarding the Worcester when the cv rework launches

8 comments in this topic

[-PRO-]
Beta Testers
78 posts

Since I’m close to getting the Worcester, and seeing AA being changed, and carriers can no longer be de-planed, and medium and long range AA can be dodged, how would the worcester’s AA be changed? Since it’s strongest AA is it’s long and medium range as is it’s strongest AA, would the Worcester still be able to murder planes like it currently does?

[ARGSY]
Members
6,353 posts
4,275 battles
5 minutes ago, Captain_Eremiyah said:

would the Worcester still be able to murder planes like it currently does?

What you have to bear in mind is that while the first three planes are making their attack run, the remaining nine are along for the ride and susceptible to your AA and to however fighters are going to be controlled.

After the first three drop, six of the remaining nine are merely along for the ride.

After the next three drop, three of the remaining six are merely along for the ride.

So you have a whole bunch of aircraft that are NOT attacking you but which you are attacking in turn. And with no deplaning, that means your aircraft kills are going to be much higher.

The awards for shooting down aircraft (clear sky and its successors) are probably going to be struck from the game, but your XP for shooting down aircraft could well be magnificent. We will have to see how that's calculated in the long run, but I think Worcesters, Neptunes, Minotaurs and other such AA beasts are going to be the beneficiaries here.

[-PRO-]
Beta Testers
78 posts
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What you have to bear in mind is that while the first three planes are making their attack run, the remaining nine are along for the ride and susceptible to your AA and to however fighters are going to be controlled.

After the first three drop, six of the remaining nine are merely along for the ride.

After the next three drop, three of the remaining six are merely along for the ride.

So you have a whole bunch of aircraft that are NOT attacking you but which you are attacking in turn. And with no deplaning, that means your aircraft kills are going to be much higher.

The awards for shooting down aircraft (clear sky and its successors) are probably going to be struck from the game, but your XP for shooting down aircraft could well be magnificent. We will have to see how that's calculated in the long run, but I think Worcesters, Neptunes, Minotaurs and other such AA beasts are going to be the beneficiaries here.

Think the Worcester AA will become similar to the “wall of skill” the shimakaze has? And how much of the CV’s screen will be covered in flak from Worcester AA do you think? :3

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,037 posts
3,555 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I don't see those being removed. However, I do see them being easier to obtain, strictly due to there being unlimited aircraft (about time CVs get unlimited ammo)...

It will be interesting to see how AA is affected. Will also be interesting to see how CV commander skills are changed/removed/added to fit this new system. Let's not forget modules, and upgrades... how will Midway's and Hakyryu's legendary upgrades, be affected by this rework?

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
80 posts
5,362 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Eremiyah said:

Since I’m close to getting the Worcester, and seeing AA being changed, and carriers can no longer be de-planed, and medium and long range AA can be dodged, how would the worcester’s AA be changed? Since it’s strongest AA is it’s long and medium range as is it’s strongest AA, would the Worcester still be able to murder planes like it currently does?

No one can answer this question with facts right now.  All we can do is speculate.  Strong AA ships will still be strong, however the new AA mechanics work.  Don't choose your ship based on guesswork of future guesswork.  You either enjoy the US light cruiser line of you don't. Good luck! 

Edited by Fruta_mala

[ARGSY]
Members
6,353 posts
4,275 battles
20 minutes ago, Captain_Eremiyah said:

Think the Worcester AA will become similar to the “wall of skill” the shimakaze has? And how much of the CV’s screen will be covered in flak from Worcester AA do you think? :3

The latter raises the point that in most cases IRL, light AA was as much of a scare-you-off/spoil-your-aim thing as it was designed for aircraft destruction, because every pilot who trained when these systems were first designed wanted to live to serve again/go home at war's end. Only with the Kamikazes, where the pilots accepted from the start they were not supposed to get back, did absolute destruction of the airframe become a priority.

11 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

I don't see those being removed. However, I do see them being easier to obtain, strictly due to there being unlimited aircraft (about time CVs get unlimited ammo)...

It will be interesting to see how AA is affected. Will also be interesting to see how CV commander skills are changed/removed/added to fit this new system. Let's not forget modules, and upgrades... how will Midway's and Hakyryu's legendary upgrades, be affected by this rework?

The award designed for CV kills of aircraft will probably have to go, because fighters will not be a separate thing any more.  The non-CV aircraft kill medal will probably  have to have its requirements so significantly rebalanced that it might as well get thrown out and called something else.

I too await the tech-tree changes with interest. A general free realignment will probably have to be offered to everyone. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[-TKS-]
Members
303 posts
6,002 battles

i dont think anyone gets the Worcester for its AA. you dont see many CV's . but like others since its 1 of the strongest pre cv-rework it should remain 1 after 

[-PRO-]
Beta Testers
78 posts
33 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

i dont think anyone gets the Worcester for its AA. you dont see many CV's . but like others since its 1 of the strongest pre cv-rework it should remain 1 after 

Not only am I 85k from the Worcester, but I like ships like the Atlanta. 

Sign in to follow this