You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Meeso_Thorny

help me with Richelieu's captain pls

12 comments in this topic

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles

I'm coming into the home stretch for Richelieu's 19 captain points and the question I have been putting off must finally be answered. How should I spend my final 5 points?

Fire prevention and Preventative Maintenance

OR

Basics of Survivability and High Alert/Jack of All Trades

(OR bos/PM/???)

What do you BB drivers think is better for the speedy all-guns-forward battlebote? I play this ship fairly aggressively and rarely reverse-bowtank outside of the virtually mandatory close range 1v1 bowtanking with another battlebote to avoid broadside.

Edited by Meeso_Thorny

Beta Testers
1,061 posts
13,873 battles

This build is pretty standard for my French BBs...I too like to brawl.

Not using fire prevention on these BBs hasn't been an issue for me and if you brawl then you do want to take advantage of the awesome secondary range. I actually use manual secondaries on the REP.

calc.JPG

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles
1 minute ago, SgtSpud said:

This build is pretty standard for my French BBs...I too like to brawl.

calc.JPG

Thanks for your input. Faster turrets would be wasted on Richelieu which already has very fast turrets (Richelieu can attain ~4.6 degrees per second hull turn and 5 degrees per second turret traverse) all in the front. Basically the only time you need them faster is when you are kiting and want to switch which shoulder you are shooting backwards over. So I will read this chart as a BoS+HA/JoaT

Beta Testers
1,061 posts
13,873 battles
Just now, Meeso_Thorny said:

Thanks for your input. Faster turrets would be wasted on Richelieu which already has very fast turrets

I use jack dunkirk on the REP so dont need that skill there but i do use it on rich and Alsace.

[OKM]
Members
83 posts
1,828 battles

I do use it with a Secondary build focus. Sure they aren't that well positionned, but they got rang (10.8km) and high fire chance. Just a little angling and you can engage 2 ships at the same time. Plus, since the turret can reach far in the back, you can also go full retreat mode while using your main battery and all your secondaries.

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles
2 hours ago, Y_Nagato said:

I do use it with a Secondary build focus. Sure they aren't that well positionned, but they got rang (10.8km) and high fire chance. Just a little angling and you can engage 2 ships at the same time. Plus, since the turret can reach far in the back, you can also go full retreat mode while using your main battery and all your secondaries.

Richelieu does have two fairly legit autobounce modes, one bow on and one about 150 degrees over the shoulder with 2/3rds of the entire secondary arsenal blazing away

[PVE]
Members
9,946 posts
7,492 battles

I like both FP and BoS. The biggest reason for FP is the fact that the superstructure goes from two fire locations to one. So it is a harder to get two fires on you when the two easiest to hit fire sections become one.

I try to get BoS as well due to the reduction in fire/flood time stacks. But if I can get only one, I'll go FP if I can.

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

I like both FP and BoS. The biggest reason for FP is the fact that the superstructure goes from two fire locations to one. So it is a harder to get two fires on you when the two easiest to hit fire sections become one.

I try to get BoS as well due to the reduction in fire/flood time stacks. But if I can get only one, I'll go FP if I can.

I tend to let one fire burn occasionally two depending on if I'm full health still so do you think having the middle section be one fire zone reduceds how much damage you end up taking? I seem to get 3 fires pretty rarely

[PVE]
Members
9,946 posts
7,492 battles
5 minutes ago, Meeso_Thorny said:

I tend to let one fire burn occasionally two depending on if I'm full health still so do you think having the middle section be one fire zone reduceds how much damage you end up taking? I seem to get 3 fires pretty rarely

Well if you get two fires pretty regularly on the superstructure, then FP will make it one.

Members
244 posts
1,273 battles
10 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well if you get two fires pretty regularly on the superstructure, then FP will make it one.

Richelieu is a very bow-tanky kind of ship so I feel like most of the fires are the bow and front superstructure anyway, dunno