You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

Unclear explanation of Anniv. token exchange rate

53 comments in this topic

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
107 posts
2,706 battles

I had searched the forums for info on it, never found the exact exchange rate we were going to get for the Anniv tokens. So, I asked a couple times in game and everyone said they were 50K exchange value, so I just horded them instead of spending them. Now, I find out we only got 15k for them. So, I wish I had spent them. Oh well... I guess I'll just keep making noobie posts and inquiring about stuff when I can't find (or understand,) the official answers on it.

Edited by TheArc
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[VW]
Members
1,936 posts
12,496 battles

just thought i'd be the first to say so.

guess they were gone before the update anyway :Smile_teethhappy:

perm ed camo, brit dasha, 21 anniversary camos, 10 black flags, thanks WG!!!!

[-K-]
Members
5,287 posts
9,108 battles

I believe the balance should have been automatically exchanged for credits.

Members
31 posts
9,178 battles

I mean seriously... how tf am I supposed to know when to spend these things? I was saving up another day for camo now all gone. Can we just get a notice PLEASE that we have 2-1 more days left?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,847 posts
6,875 battles

Sorry I was reading the post BELOW the OP, my bad.

Edited by GoldPile

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,849 posts
10,635 battles
10 minutes ago, adibese said:

I mean seriously... how tf am I supposed to know when to spend these things? I was saving up another day for camo now all gone. Can we just get a notice PLEASE that we have 2-1 more days left?

It was posted in the news section under the event details and there have been posts all over the forums about it as well reminding people to spend them while they can. It is also the norm for this type of thing now with tokens/special currency being removed and converted to credits once the event ends (ie; Go Navy and 3rd Anv) so just assume moving forward that is how it will go and don't miss out on spending your sovereigns in the new RN event. They already announced they will issue credits for unused sovereigns from the new RN event when it ends. 

[SW]
Beta Testers
1,890 posts
8,247 battles

hate to tell you but,

There was a notice, that these would be gone when the event ends. it was in the original event update.

• Cool 1

Members
31 posts
9,178 battles

There was NOTHING in game about this. You think I am getting on the news section? Why would I think there was a massive update and change in the middle of Ranked? Why couldn't there be a notice in game?

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,846 posts
1,332 battles
1 minute ago, adibese said:

There was NOTHING in game about this. You think I am getting on the news section? Why would I think there was a massive update and change in the middle of Ranked? Why couldn't there be a notice in game?

There was, if you look at the news section in-game.  It's there, in the game client.  If you didn't read it, that's on you.  

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,849 posts
10,635 battles
2 minutes ago, adibese said:

They did their due diligence. Not their fault you don't read the info they put out. Not being a jerk about it either honest. But the info is there. Take a few moments and read up on this stuff and then you will know and be prepared. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

Members
61 posts
599 battles

I DEMAND A NOTICE

there were notices

I CAN'T BE READING ALL KINDS OF NOTICES

Edited by Whiskey_Rebel
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[CUTE]
Supertester
4,092 posts
4,164 battles
7 minutes ago, adibese said:

I mean, if you open the WGC there is generally a big tile saying there will be a patch

l7ftjYc.png

[ARGSY]
Members
6,311 posts
4,256 battles
29 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I had searched the forums for info on it, never found it.

You clearly weren't looking very hard, were you? Not like there weren't player-driven PSA's spamming the fact.

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
107 posts
2,706 battles
34 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I believe the balance should have been automatically exchanged for credits.

Yup. And in my original post (which an admin edited,) included that I understood that. Not sure why the mods edited and moved my post like they did, but if they wanted to try to make me look like a fool they did their best.

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles

“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”

“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”

-D. Adams

• Funny 1

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
107 posts
2,706 battles
33 minutes ago, wildgooseman said:

I queried the 15/50k issue as well. Here's the reply I got.

I am sure I was researching it before your post, but I wish they had made a more prominent explanation about it since there was obviously a bit of confusion regarding it. Could've been easy to make it clear.

[VW]
Members
1,936 posts
12,496 battles
45 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I'm not sure why the subject line of my original post was changed (to one that made me sound like an ignorant fool) but whomever did it, thanks for nothing!

-------------

I had searched the forums for info on it, never found the exact exchange rate we were going to get for the Anniv tokens. So, I asked a couple times in game and everyone said they were 50K exchange value, so I just horded them instead of spending them. Now, I find out we only got 15k for them. So... 

I wish I had spent them. Oh well... I guess I'll just keep making noobie posts and inquiring about stuff when I can't find (or understand,) the official answers on it. Either way, I really wish some of the communication on these events were clearer. I know we're dealing with a translation hurdled from the developers, but maybe hiring a technical writer to help translate it might make some of what you're explaining easier to understand. Reading over the explanation about how these Royal Navy event missions work made about as much sense as alphabet soup...

"Each of the three versions covering the entire Royal Navy event consists of four Stages, each lasting one week. Every Stage contains four Directives, while each Directive has 5 to 7 missions. The missions will be simple and will be unlocked daily from Wednesday until Saturday each week. The only exception is the first Stage, which has two initial Directives set to be opened at once on the first day, Thursday. Complete the missions, claim your reward for a Directive, and proceed to the next one as soon as it is opened on the designated day."

be happy, they deleted mine and put me here!

[-V1-]
Members
161 posts
4,604 battles

I, like many it appears, never read the forums and paid little attention to the news for quite a while.   Then when I hear rumbles about a cruiser split in the American line I started searching for info and was amazed at how much information was out there.   Now the 1st thing I do each morning is read all the new news on the WoWs screen BEFORE logging into the game.   Then I read the Forum entirely, often following links to the EU forum and other sites.   As a result, I feel I am fairly well informed and YES the notice was posted in several places by WoWs that all unspent tokens would end with this update and be automatically reimbursed at the rate of 15,000 Credits for each token.    

One thing I do, as I've found it semi hard to relocate WoWs News later on, is I copy and paste into a document format in my word processing program and then print it out and keep them in a notebook.   Especially contests, update information, prizes, sales, etc., etc..   All of that information together is a great planning tool to maximize the economic returns to my benefit and the advancement of my tech tree ships.  

The often repeated "suggestion" that WoWs badly needs to review their written descriptions really does need to be reviewed and "updated" by WoWs as I do often find a very convoluted explanation to justify a poorly written explanation by WoWs when challenged.     

But in this instance, I really commend WoWs for the red box notice of the impending Update as it was an immediate attention getter and should be utilized more in the future.

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
107 posts
2,706 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You clearly weren't looking very hard, were you? Not like there weren't player-driven PSA's spamming the fact.

You're obviously replying to the edited version of my post, not sure why some forum admin made the effort to make me look like a moron, but they succeeded. Either way, while I was VERY aware that they were going to be swapped in with today's patch, but there was NO information that I found that explained what the exchange rate was and folks (as others posted about) had mistakenly thought it was going to be 50K and not 15K per.

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
107 posts
2,706 battles
Just now, Fedge_123 said:

Reading is over-powered.

Thanks for your witty and sophisticated contribution to the discussion!