SedatedApe

Chat Spamming

4 comments in this topic

[TRC]
[TRC]
Members
64 posts
8,835 battles

Since the addition of the B-button, quick command thingies, there has been a really annoying number of team mates that will hit those commands...nearly non-stop.

This interrupts communications between players that are actually trying to speak to others and reply important game information.

Also, when I've had enough and turn these players off in chat, the B-button, quick commands continue to spam (be seen/heard) my chat.

I have two suggestions:

1) Allow these B-button, quick commands to be turned off when we turn off someone in the chat also.

2) Limit the number of times a player can use the B-button, quick commands...to something like once every 10 or 20 seconds.

Adding both would reduce spamming and confusion in the game.

*As a side-note...a couple times I've come across someone on the other team (red guys) that is chat spamming my team's (green guys) chat with the B-button, quick commands.

It seems these are not being seen/heard by his own team mates, only mine.

Is this some kind of 3rd-party software that needs to be reported?

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,746 battles

We have been asking for chat spam block for a while. Not there yet, not to my knowledge any official mention of it.

As with the limits placed on sounding the horn, there should be a limit on how many consecutive keys you can place and a cool-down period for it. Or just allow us to chat block.

• Cool 1

[TRC]
[TRC]
Members
64 posts
8,835 battles

I know the idea is not new here. Just thought I'd put it out there again.

We can block individuals in chat, or everyone---one player at a time...but not when they hit the B-button quick commands. They still come through.

And again, ran into someone spamming with those B-button quick commands...that was on the other side!

How are they doing that? Apparently they aren't spamming their own team's chat...just the Op-Force chat...meaning my team's chat.

It's a cheat because of the distraction it causes. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,746 battles
21 hours ago, SedatedApe said:

We can block individuals in chat, or everyone---one player at a time...but not when they hit the B-button quick commands. They still come through.

It has been asked before - no response.

In the meantime, Aislan's has a mod that does this.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this