You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Springfield_Fats

Removal of HSF content

23 comments in this topic

Members
48 posts
2,514 battles

So with the upcoming update removing the camo for the Harekaze and Musashi, how are people like me that bought them going to be compensated?

" Due to the termination of the contract with the copyright holder, the High School Fleet camouflage for Musashi and Harekaze is to be removed from the game. "

I paid 30 dollars for the Musashi one because of conversion, as well as presumably paying some ontop of whatever the ship cost would have been for the Harekaze. And what about the Graf Spee which isnt mentioned?

• Funny 2

[NSC]
Members
134 posts
5,328 battles

It's yours to keep - you're not losing it.  It's just that it won't be available for purchase anymore.

• Cool 4

Members
48 posts
2,514 battles
1 minute ago, Stongatola said:

It's yours to keep - you're not losing it.  It's just that it won't be available for purchase anymore.

Wasnt it removed from the store ages ago?

[NSC]
Members
134 posts
5,328 battles

Up until this morning, you could buy the camo for the Harekazi and Musashi in-game on the exterior camo tab for the ship. 

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,580 battles

If you already have the camo, you get to keep it. The camo is only removed from future purchases.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,430 posts
4,302 battles

My only issue is that there should have been a clear warning in the Premium Shop that the HSF ships were going.

Hopefully the alleged upcoming HSF movie will generate more content and a new contract may be renegotiated.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,039 posts
3,580 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My only issue is that there should have been a clear warning in the Premium Shop that the HSF ships were going.

Hopefully the alleged upcoming HSF movie will generate more content and a new contract may be renegotiated.

IN the update notes, it said the contract was terminated. Not anything remotely close to "contract has reached the end of the legal agreement." Which tells me, the way HSF ships were pulled, the contracted ended earlier than expected.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

HSF probably valued their content within WoWS more than WoWS valued their content. It's usually not an easy thing to do, terminate contracts, unless one party fails to meet their contractual obligations, right? 

Could be a very boring story behind it or a really fascinating story. Odds are we won't ever know the truth behind it. :fish_haloween:

[POP]
Members
858 posts
9,853 battles

I heard there is a movie being made and the Harekaze will be receiving the "D" hull.

Wishful thinking?

After a WoWs collaboration, the HSF folks would be keen to create a story that would include more naval action!

They could easily expand the list of botes included in the universe.

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
250 posts
8,322 battles
1 hour ago, Counter_Gambit said:

IN the update notes, it said the contract was terminated. Not anything remotely close to "contract has reached the end of the legal agreement." Which tells me, the way HSF ships were pulled, the contracted ended earlier than expected.

With the studio behind the anime going kerplunk not too long ago, I don't doubt it

[RLGN]
Members
457 posts
4,384 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

A year ago the announcement that they were coming to the store in the first place they posted the end date there and then.  This was no surprise, the exact duration of their availability was posted day one.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,430 posts
4,302 battles
3 minutes ago, FirestormMk3 said:

A year ago the announcement that they were coming to the store in the first place they posted the end date there and then.  This was no surprise, the exact duration of their availability was posted day one.

That was a year ago, I was brand new to the game then, and I would have missed it. A reminder would have been appreciated.

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

HSF probably valued their content within WoWS more than WoWS valued their content. It's usually not an easy thing to do, terminate contracts, unless one party fails to meet their contractual obligations, right? 

Could be a very boring story behind it or a really fascinating story. Odds are we won't ever know the truth behind it. :fish_haloween:

Contracts expire, my dude.

Also, as a general note, I personally knew that the HSF content would be removed from sale for bloody ages—WG spelled it out when they first announced it, after all.

Vigilance doesn't just apply to incoming torpedoes, you know.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Well shall we say then if indeed the word used was "terminated" it was an inappropriate choice of words. Something it seems, gets lost in the translations. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,567 posts
2 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well shall we say then if indeed the word used was "terminated" it was an inappropriate choice of words. Something it seems, gets lost in the translations. 

Indeed, when it comes to contracts, in English "terminated" is not the same thing as "ran out".

[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts
7 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I just think the contract ran its course. When the Harekaze hit the shop in 2017, with a 9/18 end date, a lot of people posted to correct that. WG replied, no that's when the contract ends.

We've known the end date for over a year.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,569 posts
4,439 battles

Funny thing is that Sarushima base, the port which came with the HSF collaboration, is still around. When the ARP collab ended, the ARP port got removed too.

[KNTI2]
Members
787 posts
4,311 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Funny thing is that Sarushima base, the port which came with the HSF collaboration, is still around. When the ARP collab ended, the ARP port got removed too.

*EDIT*

Looked further into the bankruptcy.

Assets are being wrapped up but it's (faintly) possible that their buyer may reopen production.

Edited by NATOMarksman