You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Pussnboats

DD Grinds border to win knife fight

19 comments in this topic

[ANZ4C]
Members
140 posts
13,418 battles

SO  I jumped a DD near the border and he intentionally grinds the border to win a duel....even with the slow  down...this cheating needs to be fixed NOW by you WG.  When Ships grind the border they must take damage.  It is cheating especially when they do it on purpose 

Very disgruntled about this

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
853 posts
4,866 battles

Reduced engine power is enough. Any ship riding the border is a easy target to hit with main guns.

[ANZ4C]
Members
140 posts
13,418 battles

No A DD is not a easy target to hit when they are grinding the border....it is cheating and they need to take damage otherwise it will never stop, the fact that they do it all the time is proof enough that a  majority of players DO NOT find this easy.  It is a very easy fix for a ship to start taking damage as soon as they hit the border

• Bad 2

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
853 posts
4,866 battles

How is it cheating? You should have played the game when there was no reduced power while stuck on the border. If you had Morton salt would have been interested in purchasing your tears for refinement. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,178 posts
14,610 battles
6 minutes ago, Mainerd said:

How is it cheating? You should have played the game when there was no reduced power while stuck on the border. If you had Morton salt would have been interested in purchasing your tears for refinement. 

I remember those days!

TuKf61l.jpg

• Cool 2

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,571 battles

Wait... you couldn't win against a DD grinding the border? What did you do, to screw up so bad? With the engine debuff, they become far easier targets to hit, especially with torpedoes. How could you possibly lose?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I wouldn’t mind seeing a turret traverse / reload impact on boarder huggers too- after 10 seconds or something. 

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,733 battles
2 hours ago, Pussnboats said:

No A DD is not a easy target to hit when they are grinding the border....it is cheating and they need to take damage otherwise it will never stop, the fact that they do it all the time is proof enough that a  majority of players DO NOT find this easy.  It is a very easy fix for a ship to start taking damage as soon as they hit the border

This is only frustrating to below average players who will always resort to blaming external factors to explain away their deficiencies, the same deficiencies that appear in the performance metrics they consciously toggle to hidden because it's easier to sweep poor performance under the rug than apply effort to improve.

Pro tip, part of the reason why you suck at it is because you're not looking at the minimap to see which direction they are turning.

• Cool 3

Members
440 posts
12,813 battles

A big mistake a lot of people make when shooting at ships on the border is shooting ahead of the ship. Ship is going "forward" and pointing outside the border, so they try to lead the target by shooting outside the border... a place where target will never be. You want to hit a ship riding the border, you need to be hitting a point on the border.

Allow me to demonstrate with my legendary paint skills.

bordergrind.jpg.6eb1ee29b018be566b01a050ab94a70d.jpg

Edited by grumpymunky
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,571 battles
1 hour ago, grumpymunky said:

A big mistake a lot of people make when shooting at ships on the border is shooting ahead of the ship. Ship is going "forward" and pointing outside the border, so they try to lead the target by shooting outside the border... a place where target will never be. You want to hit a ship riding the border, you need to be hitting a point on the border.

Legendary Paint Skills my butt. The X on the grey line is 1 pixel too far to the right. I give 0/10 for this blatant misinformation.

• Funny 2

[GLF]
Members
777 posts
9,391 battles

Yes please!      I would LOVE to be able to artificially set my adrenaline rush reload times like the sky cancer can! 

Plz 2 add damaging border, kthx.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,455 posts
1,747 battles

Oh how I miss the border line exploit from alpha testing days.........    

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,733 battles
2 hours ago, grumpymunky said:

This is mysteriously making me crave an ice cold bottle of Coke.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,571 battles
32 minutes ago, VGLance said:

This is mysteriously making me crave an ice cold bottle of Coke.

now that you mention it, that ship icon does look like a soda bottle... I need to rethink my score, maybe 1/10 instead...