You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jake_Miller_67

What imbecile thinks 4-6 DDs in Ranked is a good idea?

19 comments in this topic

Members
60 posts
5,679 battles

How...how can that even be allowed to happen in the game?  You mean to tell me that there is no way for the stupid MM to “realize” that if there aren’t 2 BBs, 3 CAs and 2 DDs per side...then don’t start the stupid Ranked battle?  I would rather sit in queue for a month than try driving a BB against 2 BBs and 5 DDs...who the fk wouldn’t?

Seriously, WOW, either fix it so it doesn’t happen anymore or keep circling the drain...your call.  

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,841 posts
13,799 battles

If you don't want to face more than 2 or 3 Destroyers in game than Escape the queue when the DDs waiting for battle exceeds 5. 

Or you could take a radar cruiser into a Destroyer heavy Rank queue and get some revenge. 

• Cool 1

[-WPG-]
Members
802 posts
3,352 battles
43 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Then maybe play something other than a battleship.

LOL. 83% BB player complaining about DDs. Classic BBaby. 

• Bad 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,000 posts
13,673 battles
2 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

Then maybe play something other than a battleship.

Bet he didn't even shoot at the DDs but sat there yelling for someone to focus fire them

[WORX]
Members
1,835 posts
12,875 battles
2 hours ago, Jake_Miller_67 said:

Seriously, WOW, either fix it so it doesn’t happen anymore or keep circling the drain...your call.  

I dont think there is nothing fix honestly. Its working as is, even though you love to sit and stare at a screen for a month. Others are well not so forgiving. Its one match just let it go.

Members
605 posts

Yes, I caused pure L with just one skimikaze. 5 you are doomed. 

The only thing a GK left alone should see is torpedoes. 

You needed two Radar Cruisers. They had to stick together and coordinate radar. Likely needed the radar mod as well.  

Willingness to run away would have been a plus. 

I’m not thrilled about ranked either 

[ADD]
Members
12 posts
7,845 battles

Different maps, different boat line ups. It’s a good thing. Shima is my best t10 but I’m glad it’s not all ocean maps, keeps me working on becoming better (uphill battle, btw)

[PVE]
Members
5,601 posts
18,201 battles
3 hours ago, Jake_Miller_67 said:

How...how can that even be allowed to happen in the game?  You mean to tell me that there is no way for the stupid MM to “realize” that if there aren’t 2 BBs, 3 CAs and 2 DDs per side...then don’t start the stupid Ranked battle?  I would rather sit in queue for a month than try driving a BB against 2 BBs and 5 DDs...who the fk wouldn’t?

My first season of Ranked was split. Start off with tier 6 ships then at Rank 10 you use tier 8s. It was super fun and I had a blast playing. I was still a new player so ended up stopping myself when I realized that I wasn't contributing so well. I started out playing DDs and discovered late that I was better playing cruisers and carriers.

There are lots of good ships at tier 6 that when not uptiered, can do remarkably well and are loads of fun. I am sure we will see lots of DDs but there is plenty of counterplay so I am none to worried. What will be exciting is carrier play at tier 6. Without Cleveland to keep them honest, CVs will run amok.

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,664 posts
6,472 battles

Hurling insults at the matchmaker when you should be hurling concentrated fire at DDs...

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
612 posts
4,826 battles

This season ive been the only cruiser on our team and there have been only BBs.

All I think of is the farm!!

MM isn't the issue though, ranked throws us these situations and we have to play to adapt.

Edited by _greifer
Edit

[FEC]
Members
61 posts
2,275 battles

Its always fun ramming a couple DD's in a match when on a BB with that many in it, if your lucky to avoid the torps. 

I tend to do the opposite of what others do when they see the DD smoke, instead of running away, turn into the smoke , can be surprised how a DD will react to it. Either get Rammed or Blown to bits by team mates for leaving smoke

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,895 battles
3 hours ago, Jake_Miller_67 said:

First of all: you seems to have no experience of all the other ranked seasons before. DD are vital for ranked and you can get easy XP by capping.

Second: the MM is quite limited at ranked because he cann only match up what people bring to the battle. For many seasons the higher brackets were full of DD.

Third: play something else then BB. If this is your only T10 then you may try to get soemthing else for the next season.

[NSC]
Members
130 posts
5,230 battles

Last night we had 5 DDs 1 cruiser and me in the Yamato.  We won and I was top earner XP earner on my team with three kills.  It was more fun that I thought it would be...

[DENY]
Members
340 posts
4,711 battles

When I get those match I switch to the Wooster and that solve the DD problem 

Beta Testers
1,323 posts
3,585 battles
22 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

If you don't want to face more than 2 or 3 Destroyers in game than Escape the queue when the DDs waiting for battle exceeds 5. 

Or you could take a radar cruiser into a Destroyer heavy Rank queue and get some revenge. 

Or you could link the Devblog post talking about a new version of ranked battles https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2188670234792645&id=1909055039420834