You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ElAurens

My Helena play has totally crashed.

12 comments in this topic

[YARRR]
Members
401 posts
4,763 battles

When I first got Helena I was a happy camper.  The ship and I hit it off really well.  I was keeping a steady %60+ win rate in her, and I felt I had finally found the cruiser that played like I thought a cruiser should work.

However, in the last 21 games my win rate has toppled to under 50%.  One loss after another.  No matter what I do, or how hard I try, my team melts and that's it.  My damage isn't too bad in her, I've tried to scout for the team, provide AAA support, DD screen for BBs and CVs, played aggressively, played carefully, and nothing works in that ship anymore.  I feel like nothing but an XP punching bag for the opposition.

It's taken all the fun out of playing the game.  I just don't know how to fix it other than mothball her and go back to other types.   I want to keep playing cruisers, and Helena in particular, but I just don't know how to fix whatever happened.

Is it me?  Is it just bad luck?   Has the game decided that my sixty odd per cent win rate needed hammering down?

*SIGH*

Edited by ElAurens

Members
4,568 posts
6,509 battles

Bad luck. The teams you get are a HUGE factor.  You will be ok.  You can get a run of bad teams.  Happens.

Edited by dmckay

[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,755 battles
6 minutes ago, ElAurens said:

Helena is another sterotypical DPM HE light cruiser without radar, game influence is not something Helena does well with. If you want to help out and make a big impact try to camp islands close to the capture points, but again, your main quirk is your 15 chronic death catapults, so keep yourself alive and keep the damage counter ticking is of a higher priority.

As for losing streaks, just stay calm, take a break or two, always play WoWs with a cool mind, and you will do just fine even if your team manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Edited by The_first_harbinger
  • Cool 1

[LWA]
Members
48 posts
4,217 battles
25 minutes ago, ElAurens said:

You're on tilt, like harbringer said, "take a break". 

The hypocrisy of that statement being that I always force the tilt until it breaks even though I know it's moronic.

Edited by Musouka
  • Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,813 posts
9,904 battles

after a certain games, you are now placed in game where other players are not a noob anymore. Players skills are evenly distributed and it hit you hard. Suddenly thing are like hitting a wall, while in real life, that is what it is.

Players can 1 shot you, or snipe you from across the map with laser like accuracy, they played better in the team work department, nothing you did can carry your own team anymore.

Summon your man power and power through the walls, get better to overcome this hurdle. This is where player decided to get gud or get lost

[WOLF1]
Members
2,033 posts

it's not you

it's the MM that put you in bad team constantly, just think about it, every game that you lose, if you swap with someone on the red team, will the outcome be totally different? most of the time it's unlikely, so that means you could have won all those games, but MM screwed you, lol

Members
855 posts
3,601 battles

Looking at your stats you seem to be doing average to decent in her, I'm going to say its the teams and MM rekting you, nothing you can do it about it. 

My conq is like 38 percent WR right now cuz of teams and low amt of games played. 

[INTEL]
Members
8,594 posts
25,738 battles

Unfortunately while Helena is awesome, carrying in it is hard. Play it, but play divved with a carrybote like Nelson or Lyon or a solid DD player. Happy to div, see me when I am in-game.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Honestly, people are stupid. Ive given up on really caring about the win or loss, as long as I have done my part to help the cause. Focus on yourself and not your winrate. Its mostly just luck. You said your doing everything well, your day will be much better if you leave it at that:Smile_honoring:

[ARGSY]
Members
6,360 posts
4,288 battles

Take a break or grind her in co-op or ops if Randoms are not being nice to you. At least in co-op you know you aren't being opposed by unicums; ops have their own particular flavour of bot expertise, so I won't promise the same thing about them. Operations bots tend to play stupid but shoot straight with insane fire chance, though the last few times I played Aegis it was OK and Cherry Blossom is still not completely insane.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu