Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
woundedwarriorproject

Use flags in operation of the week?

6 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
1,447 battles

Can someone point me to a page that details when flags are used, when they are not, when its a waste to use certain flags, etc.?  I know there are times when flags are not deducted from your count even if you are flying them, but I don't know for sure when.  Thanks!

[INTEL]
Members
6,665 posts
25,788 battles

All signal flags are consumables and deducted once you use them.

Use in Ops or not? That's your choice. I have many of most flags so I use some of them. YMMV.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,410 posts
12,057 battles
22 minutes ago, woundedwarriorproject said:

Can someone point me to a page that details when flags are used, when they are not, when its a waste to use certain flags, etc.?  I know there are times when flags are not deducted from your count even if you are flying them, but I don't know for sure when.  Thanks!

Signal flags, if mounted, are used up every battle and the count will drop by one, always. Flag type flags are not used up. As far as using them you have to think about each ship, for instance increased fire chance is not going to benefit a British cruiser except maybe secondaries, but the 20% to health recovery would. Economic and special signals you would want to use where they will most benefit you. Last weekends 200% for first win is a good time. Operations if you are in a division and not just random. You can get consistent results like this.

shot-18_09.18_00_58.22-0254.thumb.jpg.0fe84fcb78f51795e6e9409db9e4feb5.jpg

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[WPP]
Members
519 posts
5,480 battles

I put 8 of the premium flags on the ships I play in the scenarios (leaning heavily towards premiums to I can get 2-3 first wins per captain).  Today, with the Duke of York, Nelson, and Fiji all strapped with 8 premium flags I picked up 70k Elite Cap EXP and 24k Free EXP.  The flags definitely get deducted and they are definitely worth running.

[-WPG-]
Members
813 posts
3,375 battles

Can't say this enough: save all your premium flags and camos for clan battles.  Getting 2500xp is a monster game, even for unicoms.  Getting that every single win is the fastest way to rack up xp/commander xp/free xp. 

[HINON]
Members
9,046 posts
4 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Can't say this enough: save all your premium flags and camos for clan battles.  Getting 2500xp is a monster game, even for unicoms.  Getting that every single win is the fastest way to rack up xp/commander xp/free xp. 

Depends a bit on your win rate in CB for overall effectiveness. Say for instance your winrate is 50% and you mount the flags every game since you don't know for certain which one is a win, then you average 1250 base xp per match. A good OPs group could potentially net a more consistent base xp on average. It wasn't uncommon to break 2k base xp on cherry blossom for instance.

Sign in to follow this