Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Free XP grind isn't what it used to be

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

I still remember those long threads about people complaining how hard it was to grind 750k for Missouri.  Fast forward to now, I just spend all my free XP on Kronshtadt three days ago, 9/15 (already have Missouri, Musashi, and Nelson).  So, I decided to go ahead and replenish some of that free XP by using all those special signals we were given from super containers, anniversary, etc., given it's 200% bonus an all.  In 3 days I got back to whooping 560k free XP, just like that.  No signals left, and event is going away, but I am sure going to miss those bonuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,787
Members
9,968 posts
9 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I still remember those long threads about people complaining how hard it was to grind 750k for Missouri.  Fast forward to now, I just spend all my free XP on Kronshtadt three days ago, 9/15 (already have Missouri, Musashi, and Nelson).  So, I decided to go ahead and replenish some of that free XP by using all those special signals we were given from super containers, anniversary, etc., given it's 200% bonus an all.  In 3 days I got back to whooping 560k free XP, just like that.  No signals left, and event is going away, but I am sure going to miss those bonuses.

Translation: I spent a bunch of money I'll never see again on this game, and I'm proud of it....:Smile_teethhappy:

Really a bit laughable to see a wallet warrior claim it's easy to rack up free xp, when most players in this game don't spend much at all.....

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
297
[O7]
Members
526 posts
12,677 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Translation: I spent a bunch of money I'll never see again on this game, and I'm proud of it....:Smile_teethhappy:

Really a bit laughable to see a wallet warrior claim it's easy to rack up free xp, when most players in this game don't spend much at all.....

He didn't use any money... he used the special flags WG gave us.  He just has a brain and knows how to stack the rewards with the 200% bonuses.

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,699 posts
8,130 battles
23 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I still remember those long threads about people complaining how hard it was to grind 750k for Missouri.  Fast forward to now, I just spend all my free XP on Kronshtadt three days ago, 9/15 (already have Missouri, Musashi, and Nelson).  So, I decided to go ahead and replenish some of that free XP by using all those special signals we were given from super containers, anniversary, etc., given it's 200% bonus an all.  In 3 days I got back to whooping 560k free XP, just like that.  No signals left, and event is going away, but I am sure going to miss those bonuses.

After grinding how many hours per day? And abusing how many ships wirh that 200% bonus?

Edited by Crokodone
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8
[STK]
Members
51 posts
5,117 battles
10 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Translation: I spent a bunch of money I'll never see again on this game, and I'm proud of it....:Smile_teethhappy:

Really a bit laughable to see a wallet warrior claim it's easy to rack up free xp, when most players in this game don't spend much at all.....

If he is a super unicum player with plenty of these super camos and flags, a decent game can reward 10k to 15k FXP. He cannot win and have good game at all time so let's say on average 10k FXP per game. Then 560k in three days is about 190k per day. That is 19 games per day. It can be achieved...with many hours grinding though.

Edited by Judadiao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
77
[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Members
234 posts
7,416 battles

It's almost as if those signals that give you more free XP per match accelerated your progress.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,271
[RKLES]
Members
7,210 posts
8,982 battles
11 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Translation: I spent a bunch of money I'll never see again on this game, and I'm proud of it....:Smile_teethhappy:

Really a bit laughable to see a wallet warrior claim it's easy to rack up free xp, when most players in this game don't spend much at all.....

Actually I racked up nice amount of it in Clan Battles, during times when I get some premium time, +200% daily bonus days, and of course from normal gameplay. I got Missouri, Nelson, used some to get from a Izumo to Yamato, also to get past part of Alsace to Republique and part of the Fletcher to Gearing. I am now saving Free XP again possibly for Alaska or something else, or even to skip FDG to get Kurfurst if the Kurfurst keeps showing promise in Ranked and the Kurfurst May be good option to keep open if Subs get added.

I love grinding tech tree lines the normal way, but some of the tier 9s are under to try to get through with exceptions like Fletcher, But was emergency since I needed it for Ranked this season. And used it on Alscase to get Republique to get extra Super Container, and considering I got 50k Free XP out of Aniversary Super Container I was not really out all that much really.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
282
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,798 posts
9,837 battles
18 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

And abusing how many ships wirh that 200% bonus?

as many ships as possible, from t5 and above, and that if the ship is comfortably playing with a win to gain the max return of those signals/camo/rank flag value.

We all have until this friday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
34 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Translation: I spent a bunch of money I'll never see again on this game, and I'm proud of it....:Smile_teethhappy:

Really a bit laughable to see a wallet warrior claim it's easy to rack up free xp, when most players in this game don't spend much at all.....

Did not spend money, did not use a single money premium.

29 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

After grinding how many hours per day? And abusing how many ships wirh that 200% bonus?

Used only T10s plus Missouri/Musashi for daily win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
637
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,843 posts
1,332 battles
46 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Translation: I spent a bunch of money I'll never see again on this game, and I'm proud of it....:Smile_teethhappy:

Really a bit laughable to see a wallet warrior claim it's easy to rack up free xp, when most players in this game don't spend much at all.....

So now you're going to insult people about how they spend their time and/or money, because you're not having fun at the game anymore?  Your troll side is showing...

 

Edited by mavfin87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,477
[O_O]
Members
4,414 posts
9,558 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

Translation: I spent a bunch of money I'll never see again on this game, and I'm proud of it....:Smile_teethhappy:

Really a bit laughable to see a wallet warrior claim it's easy to rack up free xp, when most players in this game don't spend much at all.....

You apparently aren't getting the point.

I don't run premium time, either.  Still, using the camo I have been awarded (for free), signals I have been awarded (for free), and the +200% first win bonus (for free), I have also been able to make 10k+ Free XP per win.

Snark fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
488
[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,543 battles
1 hour ago, Crokodone said:

After grinding how many hours per day? And abusing how many ships wirh that 200% bonus?

If I took the time to play all my high tier ships and earn that 200% First Win Bonus, plus all those bonuses from the signals, I would have it in 2 hours (my normal game session), assuming consistency in experience acquisition, and winning first battle in each ship for the day. It's not that hard with all the bonuses, especially if one has earned premium time from all those SCs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,715
Members
18,235 posts
5,209 battles
11 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

You apparently aren't getting the point.

I don't run premium time, either.  Still, using the camo I have been awarded (for free), signals I have been awarded (for free), and the +200% first win bonus (for free), I have also been able to make 10k+ Free XP per win.

Snark fail.

Crap, I gotta get on this lol.

I'm looking to get Nelson, with FXP, and Musashi with coal. I have about 65k FXP ATM.

Question though, I see I can use a coupon for Musashi, can I use one on Nelson?

 

Edited by Skpstr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles

Well, you want to play ships that bring a lot of XP.  I make pretty good XP in Yamato (w. Legendary), Republique, Conqueror, Musashi, Missouri.  You have to stack up all the bonuses for daily wins.  I guess if you try it with lower tier ships, you won’t get quite so much in return for your time and signals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,715
Members
18,235 posts
5,209 battles
4 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Well, you want to play ships that bring a lot of XP.  I make pretty good XP in Yamato (w. Legendary), Republique, Conqueror, Musashi, Missouri.  You have to stack up all the bonuses for daily wins.  I guess if you try it with lower tier ships, you won’t get quite so much in return for your time and signals.

Which is ok, I only need just over half what you got.

Even if I just put a good chunk of FXP away, it's all good. I'm patient, don't mind waiting to get those 2 ships for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,477
[O_O]
Members
4,414 posts
9,558 battles
11 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Crap, I gotta get on this lol.

Indeed.

Start with a good camo that multiplies base XP (not really "base" XP, but you get the point) and Free XP.  Frosty Fir and Stars 'n Stripes are good.

Add signals that multiply the same:  Equal Speed Charlie London, Papa Papa, Red Dragon, Ouroboros, Hydra, and Leviathan.  With all of those heavy hitter flags, I would also recommend Juliet Charlie (particularly for DD's) so you don't detonate them into frustration.  Add one or two more performance signals.

Premium time is also a nice multiplier.  If you don't have gobs of it stacked up (I am on free time), it might be worth 250 doubloons (if you have any) to buy a day when you have time to play.  Doubloons can be won for free, and if you don't like paying money for this game, a day of premium time isn't a bad way to spend your free dubs.

Now you just gotta win to profit!

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,697 posts
7,233 battles
27 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Wait... you got 560,000 free experience in 3 days?

 

Do you sleep?

Well yes, I have full time job, wife, kid, and kid had math test today that I had to prep him for during the same days.  Did not play that much.  Thing is, I never used those special signals like ouroboros and leviathan and others I don’t know the names for.  And when they dropped from anniversary SCs and missions I just kept hoarding them.  So I stacked up those signals, almost exclusively the new rate ones, only two regular signals could fit: papa papa for free XP and the 50% to XP, the other six flags where of the crazy bonus kind.  I also used fancy camo with double the XP gain.  I also played high damage T10 ships for 200% daily wins.  I would get up to 20k free XP on wins and up to 10k free XP on loss.  I would attempt to get wins on 10 ships, but I could never meet that goal becaus the time would run out, so I would get a win (and bunch of losses naturally) on 8 of those ships or so.  With 50/50 chance to win that would be about 16 games per day or so, that’s a whole lot more than usual, but not all that crazy, some games would be over in just over 10 minutes.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[BBC]
Members
933 posts
12,324 battles
4 hours ago, awiggin said:

Translation: I spent a bunch of money I'll never see again on this game, and I'm proud of it....:Smile_teethhappy:

Really a bit laughable to see a wallet warrior claim it's easy to rack up free xp, when most players in this game don't spend much at all.....

lol spend money on what ?  free special flags ? 200% bonus wins ?  all the free camo from supers and anniversary stuff ?

all i have is premium from left over tanks gold.  down to 40k gold all won in events.... so even my prime time is free.....

just bought kron 750k exp ZERO converted, played a a bunch of 200%  games with max flags  got 5k  free on loses -15K free exp per game on wins  made another 400k free unlocked 2 more t10s and bought them  for more supers,  then grabbed the salem for coal... another super... and back up to 120K free exp,  out of papa papa and have about 15 levithan left and tons of camo to get the last bit of free exp possible before 200% is over.  

   moral of the story is play smart and save  flags and good camo for 200% events and pull in mad FREE EXP.  u seen the posts with people getting 25k exp and 20k free with max flags on a good match.  i have all the free exp ships  and never converted  any FREE exp all earned....  why people think  you have to spend money just shows they dont think there is any other way... its impossible to get a t10  blah blah , ill never get 750k free exp its impossible i only get 100 a match......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[BBC]
Members
933 posts
12,324 battles
31 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Well yes, I have full time job, wife, kid, and kid had math test today that I had to prep him for during the same days.  Did not play that much.  Thing is, I never used those special signals like ouroboros and leviathan and others I don’t know the names for.  And when they dropped from anniversary SCs and missions I just kept hoarding them.  So I stacked up those signals, almost exclusively the new rate ones, only two regular signals could fit: papa papa for free XP and the 50% to XP, the other six flags where of the crazy bonus kind.  I also used fancy camo with double the XP gain.  I also played high damage T10 ships for 200% daily wins.  I would get up to 20k free XP on wins and up to 10k free XP on loss.  I would attempt to get wins on 10 ships, but I could never meet that goal becaus the time would run out, so I would get a win (and bunch of losses naturally) on 8 of those ships or so.  With 50/50 chance to win that would be about 16 games per day or so, that’s a whole lot more than usual, but not all that crazy, some games would be over in just over 10 minutes.

yes ! get as many 200% as you can !  dont waste time grinding 1 ship,  or crying on the forums !   play games get wins and max your bonuses !  extra play time is smart when you're getting 20K EXP on 1 game thats like 10 games rolled into 1 !  great use of time

Edited by Rilak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[BBC]
Members
933 posts
12,324 battles
4 hours ago, bfk_ferlyfe said:

He didn't use any money... he used the special flags WG gave us.  He just has a brain and knows how to stack the rewards with the 200% bonuses.

see if he stayed in school and learned math, he would have tons of free exp by now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,715
Members
18,235 posts
5,209 battles
11 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Indeed.

Start with a good camo that multiplies base XP and Free XP.  Frosty Fir and Stars 'n Stripes are good.

Add signals that multiply the same:  Equal Speed Charlie London, Papa Papa, Red Dragon, Ouroboros, Hydra, and Leviathan.  With all of those heavy hitter flags, I would also recommend Juliet Charlie (particularly for DD's) so you don't detonate them into frustration.  Add one or two more performance signals.

Premium time is also a nice multiplier.  If you don't have gobs of it stacked up (I am on free time), it might be worth 250 doubloons (if you have any) to buy a day when you have time to play.  Doubloons can be won for free, and if you don't like paying money for this game, a day of premium time isn't a bad way to spend your free dubs.

Now you just gotta win to profit!

Played 3 games last night in Chappy, Gneisenau, and Fiji. (Hindy already had its daily win) I do have premium, I just happened to grab some a few days ago.

Used EQSL, Ouroboros, Hydra, and Leviathan flags, and a +777% camo.

Ended up making 65K FXP. (so up to 130K now) Pretty happy with that, going to load everything on Hindy and see how that goes.

I was hesitant to use a T8, because of the instant deletion potential in a T10 match, but I lucked out with Chappy. Ended up getting almost deleted, (like 180 HP left) but survived most of the match, and most of my damage was on DDs.

A welcome side effect was I scored about 75K commander XP for the 3 captains.

Can definitely see how OP could get 560K so quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,715
Members
18,235 posts
5,209 battles
8 hours ago, Rilak said:

why people think  you have to spend money just shows they dont think there is any other way... its impossible to get a t10  blah blah , ill never get 750k free exp its impossible i only get 100 a match......

To be fair, I never thought it was possible either, but I'm a believer now lol!

My worst game was in the Gneisenau. 62k damage got me over 18k FXP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
207 posts
4,913 battles
12 hours ago, awiggin said:

Translation: I spent a bunch of money I'll never see again on this game, and I'm proud of it....:Smile_teethhappy:

Really a bit laughable to see a wallet warrior claim it's easy to rack up free xp, when most players in this game don't spend much at all.....

That is some really salty rhetoric.

Are you claiming you are a socialist taker and are proud to freeload off other peoples support?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×