You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gen_Saris

Bring Back Better Bots!

12 comments in this topic

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,139 posts
6,788 battles

My heavens what happened? We had more interesting bots in co-op for maybe two days, now they're gone and what we've got are even dumber than the pre-7.8 ones. Way too many battles finishing 8:0 or 7:1, it's a snooze!

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,139 posts
6,788 battles
17 minutes ago, Xcalib3r said:

they are still better than most potatoes in Randoms.

They do know how to aim and how to dodge torpedoes... that's about all they've got going for them.

Edited by Gen_Saris

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,635 posts
9,035 battles
38 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

My heavens what happened? We had more interesting bots in co-op for maybe two days, now they're gone and what we've got are even dumber than the pre-7.8 ones. Way too many battles finishing 8:0 or 7:1, it's a snooze!

This, I could get 500 to 700 base experience in a slightly longer coop match because you could and had to play the objectives because you couldn't simply blow them away. Sadly we had some (many?) snowflakes that didn't want to learn and they whined.

• Cool 1

[B2P]
Members
517 posts
13,642 battles

But others have been complaining that the bots are too hard... so whacha' gonna do?!? 

[HINON]
Members
2,580 posts
18,824 battles
1 hour ago, Xcalib3r said:

they are still better than most potatoes in Randoms.

hes right you know

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,635 posts
9,035 battles
Just now, DreadRaybo said:

But others have been complaining that the bots are too hard... so whacha' gonna do?!? 

They weren't too hard but they did force the player to play the objectives like they would in random instead of simply going pew pew.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,237 posts
4,803 battles
1 hour ago, Gen_Saris said:

Couldn't agree more! Bring them back WG! :cap_horn:

Members
1,802 posts
802 battles
26 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

Kill them as you find them.

I had two caps in a Bellerophon today.    And that takes a little time.  They seemed a little less reluctant to move forward.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
1,139 posts
6,788 battles
41 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

They weren't harder... they were different, you actually had to stop and THINK for a moment instead of going in guns blazing.

[PVE]
Members
359 posts

When you have to chase bot s to J-10 because they turn and run like people in random makes coop no fun.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,855 posts
10,641 battles
41 minutes ago, cecill611 said:

When you have to chase bot s to J-10 because they turn and run like people in random makes coop no fun.

This. There were elements of the new bots that were good like how they would actually use their smoke and how they would actually WASD. However, the way they would turn and run away about 2 seconds after getting  shot at was not an improvement! They went from Ueber aggressive to PVP passive.

I much prefer the old aggressive bots. If I want to play hideandseek and have to chase the enemy down or go look for them behind islands and on the map edge I will play PVP. I would rather have the bots hard charging than hard running away.

JMHO

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1