Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Will ARP possibly returning?

9 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles

With the way Wargaming suddenly is wanting Subs added and the fact they had ARP contract before and such contracts can sometimes be renewed I have to admit this was one of the first things that crossed my mind is if they renewed the ARP contract they could add the I-401...

B706899E-958B-4843-A84F-C1B14F3F5DDE.thumb.jpeg.4e64bca843db2a5cec62e7f6ef720fc9.jpeg

If they do this hopefully the other ships will return as well since many of us missed out last time and they are fun ships to take out when wants no to have some fun lol. And could be a means to calm the BB mains since the Fleet of the Fog ships did carry anti sub weapons and detection equipment. I could be wrong, but for some odd reason Wargaming’s new direction does make me suspect they have something interesting planned.

4304B2E3-25CE-4A01-9DC8-4B79BB5FFE7E.thumb.jpeg.1b059e3ca60cc3d2afdce7ddf3245c5b.jpeg

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
Just now, Komrade_Rylo said:

probably not

That is what they said about GUP Tanks onnBlitz and they eventually came back few times actually and with new content as well. Same with the Fury tank from the Fury movie. And the Gundam tank returned as well.

[KNTI2]
Members
787 posts
4,311 battles

I hope so, but ARP itself hasn't had a major anime release since 2015 and even its manga is overdue for a new release. By most measures it's past its peak (though it still has life in it, like Kancolle).

We're most likely going to see HSF back instead, or expansion with AL.

AL has an anime about to drop next year and it already has an active collab. AL itself has both subs and ASW already, so it'd be a no brainer.

Edited by NATOMarksman
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
2 minutes ago, NATOMarksman said:

I hope so, but ARP itself hasn't had a major anime release since 2015 and even its manga is overdue for a new release.

We're most likely going to see HSF back instead, or expansion with AL.

But they did do ARP Cadenza and what better way to promote the release of new ARP content than to have games like WOWs help.

[KNTI2]
Members
787 posts
4,311 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

But they did do ARP Cadenza and what better way to promote the release of new ARP content than to have games like WOWs help.

Cadenza was 2015.

I agree that ARP would be neat and I'd buy the hell out of it, but studios tend to only do collabs when the iron is hot. Right now they're sticking with the manga, which is almost a year late on a new release and with no current indication of a new adaptation.

I'm sure that WG could negotiate a deal, but it would be somewhat unusual of a choice for both parties.

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
6 minutes ago, NATOMarksman said:

Cadenza was 2015.

I agree that ARP would be neat and I'd buy the hell out of it, but studios tend to only do collabs when the iron is hot. Right now they're sticking with the manga, which is almost a year late on a new release and with no current indication of a new adaptation.

I'm sure that WG could negotiate a deal, but it would be somewhat unusual of a choice for both parties.

I agree that it may be unusual, but they did do the same later rerelease of Fury, O-47, and the GUP Tanks in Blitz, so as I said does make me wonder. Since as you pointed out they like doing Colabs when things are new and the Iron is hot, but sometimes they also do one a little later so their product gets some additional interest as things were fading off of initial hype. Just like movie studios do the theater release with big hype, then the hype is the home release, then the special editions of home releases.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

Everything comes back

I had wargaming developers tell me there is litterally no possible way fury could ever come back because it was under contract... surprise surprise I got meself a fury.

Same with konig albert. People said it isnt returning, yet I picked one up one Thursday for 15 bucks

[PVE]
Members
512 posts
4,343 battles

If they mod the ARP ships to give the standard premium xp boost (unless they did already) then I would like to see them come back.

Full disclosure, I really just want a good and balanced T7 premium IJN CA and I don't care what form it comes in.

Sign in to follow this