You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Scrapyard_

7.9 patch is tomorrow here is video.

26 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
1,426 posts

Looks like 7.9 is gonna shake things up. Cool.

Dig the late clip refer nice to Halloween events that are hopefully coming up soon. Two of my favorite things about this game are the Halloween and Christmas events.

Edited by thebigblue

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,413 posts
9,542 battles

Should be a lot of fun. 

[FGNE]
Members
349 posts
2,481 battles

Thanks OP, with all the stuff about submarines I forgot about 0.7.9

[ICE9]
Members
833 posts

Can't wait to see how people who didn't try it on PTS will react to Arms Race. Camping and sandbagging will get your team over-matched very quickly.

• Cool 2

[_AFW_]
Members
984 posts
7,021 battles
36 minutes ago, CG11_HoleSnipe said:

Can't wait to see how people who didn't try it on PTS will react to Arms Race. Camping and sandbagging will get your team over-matched very quickly.

This is so true. Just to add, if you are a BB player better come with a BB that can brawl. This game mode can be done by BB, but is way better suited for CA and DD. Now CV if an AA ship gets reload buff stacked say good-bye to your planes if you go near them. 

[-TKS-]
Members
302 posts
5,967 battles

Does anyone keep track on how long these updates take to download  ? just curios the average time.  Also is arms race going to be tier locked? im guessing so just to make sure you have enough players .  It be nice if it was mid to high tier not just 9/10 like pts . Ill deal with it either way. 

Members
799 posts
17 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

Does anyone keep track on how long these updates take to download  ? just curios the average time.  Also is arms race going to be tier locked? im guessing so just to make sure you have enough players .  It be nice if it was mid to high tier not just 9/10 like pts . Ill deal with it either way. 

Arms race will be tier 9-10 only. 

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,706 posts
8,132 battles
21 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

I dont know about average time, but it usually takes 2-3hrs for me; 1 1/5h if im lucky with internet speeds.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,727 battles
2 hours ago, CG11_HoleSnipe said:

I'm more concerned about the below average, state hiding window lickers that already charge ahead and suicide themselves before 3 minutes now doing it in less than 2 minutes.

• Bad 3

[O7]
Members
529 posts
12,677 battles
4 minutes ago, VGLance said:

I'm more concerned about the below average, state hiding window lickers that already charge ahead and suicide themselves before 3 minutes now doing it in less than 2 minutes.

Always speed boost into the middle of a cap.  You cap it down faster that way.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,727 battles
Just now, bfk_ferlyfe said:

Always speed boost into the middle of a cap.  You cap it down faster that way.

Well yeah, but I foresee these derps hopping from one cap to another with extreme tunnel vision and without any regard of how over-extended they become and quickly getting deleted.  And then of course they will blame the rest of the team for "no support" while our BBs haven't even yet gotten up to full speed from their spawn location and even the cruisers are not yet in position to help.

• Bad 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
2,410 posts
2 minutes ago, VGLance said:

Well yeah, but I foresee these derps hopping from one cap to another with extreme tunnel vision and without any regard of how over-extended they become and quickly getting deleted.  And then of course they will blame the rest of the team for "no support" while our BBs haven't even yet gotten up to full speed from their spawn location and even the cruisers are not yet in position to help.

Oh gawd, the players who chat-rage about "no support" when they rush forward and get deleted because they're the only ship the enemy can see.  Get them in every mode.  Just as bad as the players who spend the entire match humping the backside of an island and then gripe when they're alone against multiple enemy ships at the end of the battle.  It's as if some players can't grasp the concept of a controlled advance, or any other sort of middle ground. 

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,413 posts
9,542 battles

Spend you tokens!

[ICE9]
Members
833 posts
27 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It's as if some players can't grasp the concept of a controlled advance, or any other sort of middle ground.

Exactly. Success in Arms Race depends on active mutual support. No solo-yolo DD's, no edge-camping BB's.

The incentive to stick together and push is the AOE effect of the buffs. Too far away hiding, and you get zip, zilch, nada.

[SIDE]
Members
1,426 posts
1 hour ago, VGLance said:

You sound super cool. Seriously. 

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,639 battles
51 minutes ago, paradat said:

Spend you tokens!

We have to do this Tuesday right? NA time. 

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,413 posts
9,542 battles
Just now, BlailBlerg said:

We have to do this Tuesday right? NA time. 

Yep tonight. Patch is tomorrow morning. If you don't spend them they will convert to credits. I think it was 15k per but I may not have that right.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,727 battles
4 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

You sound super cool. Seriously. 

Thanks but again, there is no weight behind the words of those that hide in the shadows.

[SIDE]
Members
1,426 posts
8 minutes ago, VGLance said:

Thanks but again, there is no weight behind the words of those that hide in the shadows.

Just when I thought the bar for maximum coolness had been set you move it higher. This time with an internet tuf guy fortune cookie quote. So awesome. We are not worthy.

Edited by thebigblue

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,727 battles
Just now, thebigblue said:

Just when I thought the bar for maximum coolness had been set you move it higher. This time with an internet tug guy fortune cookie quote. So awesome. We are not worthy.

Nothing pleases me more than seeing just how much real estate I can occupy and live rent free in the heads of forum trolls who make it their daily mission to drive down societal standards by celebrating mediocrity and demonizing exceptionalism.

• Bad 1

[STW-M]
Members
2,062 posts
5,874 battles

When I realize that completing the 3rd anniversary collection is no longer possible (don't have any money available to spend on containers right now), as even if I get a unique item with this last container and exchange all duplicates I'll still be one short:

[SIDE]
Members
1,426 posts
29 minutes ago, VGLance said:

Nothing pleases me more than seeing just how much real estate I can occupy and live rent free in the heads of forum trolls who make it their daily mission to drive down societal standards by celebrating mediocrity and demonizing exceptionalism.

Ah shucks. We’s just tryin to keep up with a person of such fine character as yourself. It’s hard though. See, not everyone needs to compensate here for shortcomings elsewhere. We just keep trying to be like you anyways. So cool. “Game stats are life!” “Git Gud!” “Blah blah better than you.” Much impressive. Just Awesome...

Edited by thebigblue
  • Bad 1

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,727 battles
1 minute ago, thebigblue said:

Ah shucks. We’s just tryin to keep up with a person of such fine character as yourself. It’s hard though. See, not everyone needs to compensate here for shortcomings elsewhere. We just keep trying to be like you anyways. So cool. Game stats are life! Git Gud! Blah blah better than you. Just Awesome...

LoL, the one who hides his embarrassing inability to use deductive reasoning to perform at a respectable level in a simple game claims others have shortcomings.  That is truly remarkable.

• Cool 1