Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Scrapyard_

Submarine gameplay video (work in progress ) With dev chat.

71 comments in this topic

Members
799 posts

I will wait to see it, but if this goes to the game beyond the event such as going to random I will bet money the screams from BB players will be heard around the world. From what he is saying this will be a HIGH SKILL play style so in the hands of top players these will be deadly. 

Edited by SteelClaw

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,427 posts
9,554 battles

That was such a fun video. Sooner than I expected. 

[A_51]
Members
277 posts
13,071 battles

The ship skin and map cause me to wonder if this is intended just for Halloween.

• Cool 1

[_AFW_]
Members
984 posts
7,021 battles
3 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

The ship skin and map cause me to wonder if this is intended just for Halloween.

Not sure, but I have the feeling the Halloween event will be a testing ground. The way he is talking about how it instills fear I would think they are going to take this beyond event. AI does not have fear. 

Edited by USMC2145

Alpha Tester
1,150 posts
5,236 battles

Awwww now I won't be able to use this meme anymore 

• Cool 1

Members
3,797 posts
14,098 battles
20 minutes ago, QJW said:

Proof that WG mis-management is the biggest pack of liars outside of Congress and the mainstream media.

Edited by ReddNekk
  • Funny 1

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
729 posts
11,948 battles

Looks fun. But man... the forums are going to explode. lol

Members
799 posts

Why are people down voting the OP? He is just showing  a video of the developer chat. Not like he is the one bringing subs into the game. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,427 posts
9,554 battles

I am sure we are going to get a lot of reactions from the youtubers and CC's thought I would create a spot to collect them all.

WG:

Flamu:

Aetam:

GamerHubTV Interview with SubOctavian

Ichase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0hhQc-zWHs

Jingles

Zoup:

Notser:

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,427 posts
9,554 battles

Flamu was Jonny on the spot. I expect a lot more later today or tomorrow. 

[FGNE]
Members
350 posts
2,487 battles
33 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

31 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Not sure, but I have the feeling the Halloween event will be a testing ground. The way he is talking about how it instills fear I would think they are going to take this beyond event. AI does not have fear. 

From what I understood in the video, yes, Halloween will serve as a test ground, and if the gameplay is enjoyable and the community accepts it, it may/will be considered for future inclusion in the full game.

Personally, I'm looking forward to it. It looks like they have a pretty good idea on how to balance this class vs other ship classes, but I'm not so sure economic balance is yet considered. It does look like subs would be high damage IF (and only if) their attack runs are 100% successful, otherwise they will be low damage, and certainly very high risk, you would have to get very close to the target and since oxigen is spent (as said in the vid) when launching torps (as well as by the crew) then it is likely that getting close, shooting and fleeing the zone will not be possible when fully submerged, thus opening the sub to retaliation.

Subs also seem to be very vulnerable to incoming fire, and furthermore, have health pools smaller than DDs.

Edited by CO_Valle

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,702 posts
6,348 battles
18 minutes ago, SteelClaw said:

Why are people down voting the OP? He is just showing  a video of the developer chat. Not like he is the one bringing subs into the game. 

As one of the "down voters" I'm not displeased with the post itself, merely WG going off into territory it has no business in and affirmed several times would never happen... If this is inappropriate I can retract it, but these smilies are new to me as I've been off the forums for a year and the game for most of the past 9 months... I'm not happy to come back to the game to find this development. 

[FGNE]
Members
350 posts
2,487 battles
1 minute ago, El_Judarino said:

As one of the "down voters" I'm not displeased with the post itself, merely WG going off into territory it has no business in and affirmed several times would never happen... If this is inappropriate I can retract it, but these smilies are new to me as I've been off the forums for a year and the game for most of the past 9 months... I'm not happy to come back to the game to find this development. 

You are basically down voting the poster. And while I can see that WG could read your response, you are better providing negative (yet constructive) feedback than down voting the OP.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,427 posts
9,554 battles

There are a lot more out there but this thread just going to stick to English and only going to post videos with reaction commentary.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,427 posts
9,554 battles

Crap they merged the thread. Ah well I may try again or will just keep updating my post in this new merged thread

Alpha Tester
281 posts
6,503 battles
46 minutes ago, QJW said:

Talk about egg on your face.

Members
1,815 posts
808 battles
4 minutes ago, paradat said:

Crap they merged the thread. Ah well I may try again or will just keep updating my post in this new merged thread

First of many threads on subs that will be merged.  Better keep updating this one.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,427 posts
9,554 battles
13 minutes ago, ol_Cajun said:

Talk about egg on your face.

No it was true at the time. 

WG wanted subs

WG could not figure out a way to make them work with the launch plus tons of stuff on the development schedule anyway.

No subs

Then WG figures out a potential way for them to work.

Chieftans video at the time was just fine.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,427 posts
9,554 battles
14 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

First of many threads on subs that will be merged.  Better keep updating this one.

Yeah trying to get a thread to catalog all of the Youtubers and CC's opinions. Hopefully it will stay up. You know there is going to a be a bunch of them. This is the biggest news in WOWS since the Launch.

Members
1,815 posts
808 battles
2 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yeah trying to get a thread to catalog all of the Youtubers and CC's opinions. Hopefully it will stay up. You know there is going to a be a bunch of them. This is the biggest news in WOWS since the Launch.

It may swamp the CV rework thread (if they combined all of them) on the first day.

Sign in to follow this