You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
General_Lee_Miserable

Why Aren't Yamamoto and Halsey 19 Points??

24 comments in this topic

Members
449 posts

It's kinda ironic that these 2 legendary admirals come into the game as only 15 point captains. I'm 7 stars and a final mission away from Yamamoto and it has been an immense grind.   Has this ever been explained why they don't come in maxed? 

• Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,301 posts

Because WG wants you to grind them.  Who's to say that legendary historical admirals had "19 points."  Maybe 15 is as good as real people got.  Halsey certainly made some mistakes.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,360 posts

My Yamamoto is 19 points, and he takes every opportunity to taunt my Halsey about it, I keep finding my Atago humping my Seattle in a dominance display.

• Funny 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,472 posts
16,384 battles

15 points with special enhancements seem pretty good to me.

[TBOW]
Members
1,217 posts
11,621 battles

When I got each of those captains, I calculated how much elite commander XP I would require to rise them to 19 upon acquiring them, saved it up over the course of the campaign, and pumped them to 19 on day one. But to each their own, eh?

[MERCA]
Members
5 posts
1,050 battles

I finally got Halsey yesterday and was always planning to place him in my Montana who currently has a 19 pt Captain.  I was so excited to finally finish the long grind, only to immediately be met by disappointment due to seeing he was a 15.  I just knew he was a 19 and with all that went in to getting him was floored to see 15. Yes. I can get him to 19 as well but I feel like that's such crap to put so much damn time into unlocking him to find out you're not done grinding yet. [edited] move by wg and shows a lack of caring for the player.  

[B2P]
Members
565 posts
15,259 battles

Can't remember, but didn't all the other special commanders only come with 10 points, like Dunkirk, Doe and the others?  That these commanders come with 15 points is "legendary".  :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[-AA-]
Members
1,754 posts
6,667 battles

15-points is sufficient for almost all ships. Be gratefull it is 15 points and not 1.

3 minutes ago, Para_Medic said:

I finally got Halsey yesterday and was always planning to place him in my Montana who currently has a 19 pt Captain.  I was so excited to finally finish the long grind, only to immediately be met by disappointment due to seeing he was a 15.  I just knew he was a 19 and with all that went in to getting him was floored to see 15. Yes. I can get him to 19 as well but I feel like that's such crap to put so much damn time into unlocking him to find out you're not done grinding yet. [edited] move by wg and shows a lack of caring for the player.  

Yes, those 4 points is not going to make you a better player. Actually everone is happy with the 15 point commanders it seems, except you 2...

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

They’re not going to give you everything, plus they weren’t hiding it. Just be glad he’s not a 6pt. That is what Steven Segal was when he was first released.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

wow this reminded me i got halsey, and hes just chilling in port, not on any ship...

also, 15-19 is a ridiculous amount of exp that WG wants you to grind for.

Members
461 posts

Getting a free 15-pt commander is a pretty big deal considering that other unique commanders (e.g. Jack Dunkirk) had 10 skill points. The bummer for me is that I already had 19 pt commanders in my Gearing, Des Moines, and Worcester, and my NC captain had 16. Decided to drop Halsey in the Mighty Mo for when I occasionally take that ship out.

Members
449 posts
29 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

Getting a free 15-pt commander is a pretty big deal considering that other unique commanders (e.g. Jack Dunkirk) had 10 skill points. The bummer for me is that I already had 19 pt commanders in my Gearing, Des Moines, and Worcester, and my NC captain had 16. Decided to drop Halsey in the Mighty Mo for when I occasionally take that ship out.

But, Dunkirk and Honore were a breeze to obtain. I had both within a couple of weeks.  But this Yamamoto grind is obscene and the Halsey looks worse. So, yeah, I'm disappointed they aren't fully trained for that amount of work....and the incredible amount of signals I've been burning through to do the XP and Credit missions over and over and over. 

[AP]
Members
1,196 posts
12,724 battles

it took me about 100 games to unlock halsey

19pt captain needs 1.7mil XP, divided by 100 is about 17k xp per battle, quite unrealistic without expensive camo/the yellow dragon flag

15pt captain needs only 740k XP, that is about 7k XP per battle, about how much i earn with prem acc with some basic flags/camo

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

Having just one 19 point captain is huge.  Trust me.  It opens the floodgate of possibilities in terms of how quickly you can train other captions.  Once you get another 19-pointer the process speeds up.  Depending on how often you play you'll have high-point captains multiplying all over the place like rabbits.  Before you know it you'll have yet another 19-point captain, and the whole process accelerates even faster.  The experience is almost exponential.

I was once thinking the same thing - make Yamamoto or Halsey a 19-pointer.  But once I got a 19-point captain (just one of the "regular" captains) and discovered the benefits of it, I decided that it's best to make it so that you have to work for that first one.  Things get relatively easy, lazy even, once you get two or more.

[KSE]
Members
7,848 posts
8,176 battles
1 hour ago, Para_Medic said:

It was, and is, clearly stated that they come with 15 points. More, they are free 15 point captains with enhancements other captains don't have, just for playing the game.

But no, that's just not good enough for you. Entitled, much?

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
474 posts
5,376 battles

2 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

only 15 point captain

its an in game - earn able - Legendary captain. stop complaining. 

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles
2 hours ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

It's kinda ironic that these 2 legendary admirals come into the game as only 15 point captains.

There is nothing "only" about having a 15 point captain.

[GLF]
Members
844 posts
10,789 battles

The grind involved to get each of them should allow you to bank enough elite commander xp such that you can instantly level him to 19 anyway.  

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,119 posts
16,467 battles

Jesus H Christ, 15pts right out of the box is a considerable amount especially when you remember these captains are special, and people want 19pts right away?

Members
449 posts
1 hour ago, AnimaL21 said:

The grind involved to get each of them should allow you to bank enough elite commander xp such that you can instantly level him to 19 anyway.  

I only have 575 random battles and 200 co-op battles. My most senior captain is my dedicated Massachusetts with 16 points. So, no elite commander xp. I have 4 other 14 pointers, one of which is just shy of 15.  Life will get a lot easier when I do have a couple of 19 pointers. 

[GLF]
Members
844 posts
10,789 battles
2 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I only have 575 random battles and 200 co-op battles. My most senior captain is my dedicated Massachusetts with 16 points. So, no elite commander xp. I have 4 other 14 pointers, one of which is just shy of 15.  Life will get a lot easier when I do have a couple of 19 pointers. 

Do whatever you can to get your first 19.  The rest fall like dominoes.   I Upped a 14 to 19 over this weekend with the +200% event.  he is my... 7th?  8th?    Lost count they come so easy now when every match i play is with a 19. 

It helps when i got a single game with loaded camo/flags that gave out 56k elite commander xp lol.  Leveling goes quick with that kind of progress.  

Edited by AnimaL21

Members
21,173 posts
5,686 battles
2 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

It was, and is, clearly stated that they come with 15 points. More, they are free 15 point captains with enhancements other captains don't have, just for playing the game.

Yup, nobody was forced to frustrate themselves again and again trying to complete specific tasks.

I just kept repeating the ones that required a given amount of XP, credits, or damage, and I was only reminded that I was grinding something when it was time to collect stars.

Members
21,173 posts
5,686 battles
2 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

Having just one 19 point captain is huge.  Trust me.  It opens the floodgate of possibilities in terms of how quickly you can train other captions.  

Or how many fewer doubloons you go through....

[TBOW]
Members
1,217 posts
11,621 battles

Once you have a couple of them, 19 points is just a number. My cat (no, really), commander is at 19 points.