You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Update 0.7.9 - General Performance and Feedback

64 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,148 posts
6,836 battles

Ahoy Fleet!

Update 0.7.9 is live celebrating the Royal Navy!

Let us know your thoughts and feedback about the new content and mechanics updates here.

If you notice anything buggy or doesn't seem right, please report any bugs and odd observations here:

#anchorsaweigh

• Bad 1

[-TD-]
Members
2 posts
7,346 battles

Voice chat no longer working.

Clan buildings are built, but not getting the bonuses.

I'm not seeing the new CV game play.  Wasn't that supposed to be live?

[WOLF6]
[WOLF6]
Members
79 posts
2,574 battles

Game client gives a critical error crash when attempting to join a co-op match (haven't attempted PvP yet). Support ticket has been submitted with crash dump file.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,347 posts
11,285 battles

First attempt to open the clan screen just stalled out, circling WG logo for about 5 minutes.

Went back to port, back to clan screen, still didn't load for about 10s.

• Cool 1

Members
588 posts
4,531 battles

My game freezes every time I start a battle.  If I alt tab I see a critical error pop-up but in order to shut down the game I have to close the pop-up without reading it.  I tried video drivers and verify game files.  I cannot play the game as of now.

I re-installed the entire game and it works now!

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[A_51]
Members
735 posts
15,993 battles

Love the new WWII-era London port.  Hope they keep it.

Edited by Seaneroo

[STW]
Members
64 posts
14,404 battles

As a KM cruiser main, I am very enthusiastic about the shell ballistics changes to the Yorck.  I've only been able to squeeze in one battle with her today, but so far, I really like what I experienced.  HE ballistics haven't changed too much--maybe a little easier to hit those pesky destroyers.  The AP ballistics changes, however, are very noticeable.  I had no issues punishing a broadside Myoko with citadel hits from 12km with AP in the one match I did play.

Otherwise, no issues seen so far in 0.7.9.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,303 posts
10 minutes ago, AnIolairGhorm said:

As a KM cruiser main, I am very enthusiastic about the shell ballistics changes to the Yorck.  I've only been able to squeeze in one battle with her today, but so far, I really like what I experienced.  HE ballistics haven't changed too much--maybe a little easier to hit those pesky destroyers.  The AP ballistics changes, however, are very noticeable.  I had no issues punishing a broadside Myoko with citadel hits from 12km with AP in the one match I did play.

I love the Yorck... how did I miss that this change was coming? 

Good bote gets better... let's hope WG doesn't realize that it's good or they might take it away.  :Smile_hiding: 

• Cool 1

Members
4 posts
2,830 battles

so, what's up with this?

image.png.1d72784008ccb80778810e15fd09f706.png

image.png.12560c603621031c916e16fab7bb6293.png

This is for a Mass, where secondaries do very much use IFHE? 

How does this affect captains that move around, are those skills suddenly disabled when I move a captain to a ship that WG says is "inefficient"? 

patch notes said VERY little about this. 

Edited by Vorl
  • Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,303 posts

It's warning you that the skill doesn't apply to the ship the captain is on, such as taking torpedo skills on a Des Moines captain.

It might have a few things it doesn't take into account, such as maybe HE on secondaries.  

Massachusetts?   Doesn't it have HE available on the main batteries as well?  Maybe it's just looking at ship type and thinking "HE on a BB?  Naaaah." 

[USFC]
Members
82 posts
12,741 battles

I don't believe Clans are being given the correct credit for the oil spent upgrading their ports AND the oil they had in reserve. As best I can figure it cost somewhere between 205-230K oil to upgrade all elements of the port prior to the release of 7.9.0 (not including the "Rostral Column" or the "Headquarters"). Prior to the patch our port had been fully upgraded and we had between 165-170K oil in reserve, after we had 205K. That would suggest the entire port (not including the "Rostral Column" or the "Headquarters") was only 40-45K oil. That is definetly not the case. We can't even upgrade the port to what it was before the patch, let alone make any further improvements with what was a healthy reserve of oil. I have submitted a ticket on behalf of the Clan, however based on past experiences with support, I'm not expecting much "support".

UPDATE: I found the WIKI page http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Naval_Base

This page details the cost for each improvement in the game and it would appear to be a mere 38,250 oil (not including the Rostral Column or the Headquarters). So it would appear that we have been credited the proper amount of oil. Unfortunately things in the port have gotten more expensive, and roadblocks prevent you from upgrading all the items you had before the update without upgrading a few items you didn't have before. Ah well.

Edited by kvcaner
added "our port had been fully upgraded" to make the issue clearer.

Members
2,756 posts
5,741 battles

On my Scharnhorst on my Captain skills  I choose Inertia Fuse for HE shells but this a circle with slash on it telling me that the skill is inefficient for this ship configuration. I guess its just a warning but it still works doesn't it?  

[GOFU]
Members
111 posts
6,820 battles

Sound cuts of every few seconds.  When off it only last a second or two.    Not my system, have tested it in other games and video.  Only happens when I am in WoW.

[FDK]
Members
1,115 posts
6,635 battles
9 minutes ago, Xwing_Red1 said:

Game freezes in the port when using custom skins. Any 1 else with the same problem?

Update: Freezing problem solved, However, custom skins not working anymore. Did WG change something in the files?

Edited by Xwing_Red1

[STW]
Members
64 posts
14,404 battles
8 hours ago, AnIolairGhorm said:

OK, I played several matches today in the Yorck.  The ballistics are definitely much better, especially the AP.  With this change, I think WG has brought the Yorck's gun systems in line with her bigger sisters, with one important exception--her turret traverse speed.  They are still the second slowest of tier-VII heavy cruisers, which is decidedly "un-German", but one step at a time as I'm otherwise very pleased with the ballistics change.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,265 posts
8,981 battles
On 9/18/2018 at 11:20 AM, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy Fleet!

Update 0.7.9 is live celebrating the Royal Navy!

Let us know your thoughts and feedback about the new content and mechanics updates here.

If you notice anything buggy or doesn't seem right, please report any bugs and odd observations here:

#anchorsaweigh

The redesign to the map ice islands into a winter version of warrior's path really detracts from map veriety. Also, there are now fewer spots to hide and fire from than the previous ice islands version. Pls bring back the old ice island map.

[IGB]
[IGB]
Members
9 posts
4,153 battles

We had ALL but the last 100K oil for clan members but we had like 67K only needed 33K more for last upgrade before patch. After Patch we only got 105K oil This is Not right at all All the buildings total up to a LOT more then 105K to start with not to forget the 67K we had in reserve. This can not be right something is wrong I understand the prices changed on the new building but Our Clan should of had more Oil then 105K Its like the oil refund was on buildings only and not what was in reserves or something I think someone needs to look into this. I bet I can get a faster answer from forums then filling out a ticket that will come back saying we dont see anything wrong matter resolved.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
283 posts
5,140 battles
4 hours ago, Fracr said:

We had ALL but the last 100K oil for clan members but we had like 67K only needed 33K more for last upgrade before patch. After Patch we only got 105K oil This is Not right at all All the buildings total up to a LOT more then 105K to start with not to forget the 67K we had in reserve. This can not be right something is wrong I understand the prices changed on the new building but Our Clan should of had more Oil then 105K Its like the oil refund was on buildings only and not what was in reserves or something I think someone needs to look into this. I bet I can get a faster answer from forums then filling out a ticket that will come back saying we dont see anything wrong matter resolved.

other than the roster expansion from 40, to 50, had you built all other buildings? if so, you had used 58250 oil

Beta Testers
748 posts

My WoWS won’t open at all.  I get a crash just trying to open the game.  Can’t even get to port, can’t even take screen shot.  Crash dive?

**Update:  reloaded the game and no more issues.  Best of luck to everyone 

Edited by Capt_of_Satisfaction

[TBB]
Members
14 posts
5,080 battles

Need some clarification on the "Inefficient Skills" determination by WOWS... On USN CAs and BBs, the IFHE skill is 'circled out' as "inefficient", but yet I--and several of my clanmates--want to use IFHE skill because we think it's a good idea. Is this skill still functional for our captains that have it?? I'm not sure how to test this...