Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HooplaJones

Ship-Spotting Technology In Update 0.7.9

11 comments in this topic

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
601 posts
13,089 battles

Ship-Spotting Technology

"In Update 0.7.9, we are advancing ship-spotting technology. The purpose of this change is to remove the time delay between the appearance of the ship icon on the minimap and in the game. This will make the game experience more intuitive, logical, and comfortable for all users."

Congratulations, I actually wrote this game off after some of my peeps lost their Sharks/Eagles tokens to credits, it was the last straw over what some of the other issues I had, I always hoped for more.  And I am excited to see this news.  A friend told me to look at the updates coming.  There are 3 things that will bring me back to the game, 4K video (check) Massive CV rework (check) Render Issue addressed (Ill check it out)  everything else I can basically deal with, I still don't like the prospect of losing tokens you worked for.

Thanks

[BOTES]
Members
218 posts
3,629 battles

The token to credit conversion was announced in the patch notes, why would they stay around after the arsenal page was removed?

Members
1,501 posts
10 battles
21 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

There are 3 things that will bring me back to the game, 4K video (check) Massive CV rework (check) Render Issue addressed (Ill check it out)  everything else I can basically deal with, I still don't like the prospect of losing tokens you worked for.

Yep this game is beautiful in 4k, the scaling UI made 4k viable for people like me whos eyesight is not what it once was lol.

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
601 posts
13,089 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

Wow, maybe if you had as many battles as posts you would understand casual players, hide more.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,301 posts
11 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

Wow, maybe if you had as many battles as posts you would understand casual players, hide more.

I have more battles than posts and I am a casual player.  Your friends were idiots for not learning the rules of something they obviously cared about.   Period.  

If you don’t care, fine.   But if you do care and can’t be bothered to read... that’s on you.

[NOOBS]
Members
82 posts
2,382 battles
9 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

I have more battles than posts and I am a casual player.  Your friends were idiots for not learning the rules of something they obviously cared about.   Period.  

If you don’t care, fine.   But if you do care and can’t be bothered to read... that’s on you.

This guy is a troll, you make a statement about good things and coming back and this _ _ _ hat calls you and your friends idiots... love the trolls.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,301 posts
1 hour ago, OnABoat said:

This guy is a troll, you make a statement about good things and coming back and this _ _ _ hat calls you and your friends idiots... love the trolls.

He whined about a completely predictable event published well in advance.  It’s you that’s a troll, not I.

• Bad 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,718 posts
3,787 battles

All it really changes, as far as consumables go, is that any ship that was on the edge of a Radar or Hydro reveal will now be revealed during those critical few seconds before they escape the reveal. This would most affect DDs attempting to skim the edges of Radar or Hydro, but it also affects any other ship that was on the edge of one but left the area (esp. if the Radar/Hydro ship in question is camping or creeping).

The bigger benefit is having the ships appear on-screen at the exact same time they're detected on the map, so no weird moments where you're locked onto an invisible target before losing lock, while the target was never visually revealed.

[KRIEG]
[KRIEG]
Members
20 posts
710 battles

I haven't played that many games but too often some boats would scoot in between islands, they were on the minimap but I could not see them.  I was positioned properly to fight but the game would not allow me to.  Glad this has been worked on.  Ya and I got hosed too on the Eagles/Sharks knew it was the last day, you can read until your blue in the face but when real life gets in the way.  Seems kinda silly that they expire, Gold is forever, those missions are forever, stats forever, just another table in the database.  

Sign in to follow this