You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taylor3006

Wargaming to Make Important Announcement

35 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,799 posts
19,611 battles

Was reading Reddit and came across this post:

BTW 1400 CEST is like 0800 CST I think. Could Google it but am lazy. Anyways not sure if this announcement if for the EU server only or is a general game announcement because the page lacks that information. So if you are bored and online at 0800 CST, might wanna give their stream a watch and see what is up. The WG page says it will be in English only.

Just an afterthought, this may have to do only with the EU server since there is no mention of anything on WG's NA site as of 0600 CST.

Edited by Taylor3006

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,292 posts
8,194 battles

halloween? (not sure if that would count as important for everyone)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,799 posts
19,611 battles
2 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

1400 CEST is 8am EST and 7am CST

Thanks for the correction Alex, was guestimating from memory and at my age that is always dangerous!

[POP]
Members
1,317 posts
16,534 battles

WG are proud to announce that we have found blue prints in the Kremlin canteen of a long lost soviet design Battle cruiser and will be releasing it early 2019. 

This ship will be much faster and stronger than VMF Staliniumgrad , we are all excited about this new discovery.

Stay tuned for further information

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,799 posts
19,611 battles

Actually DarthZep is probably right from the looks of things. Looks like submarines in the upcoming Halloween event! Still speculation but there is lots of chatter and screenshots. Course it could be Wargaming trolling the player base...…

[1RD]
[1RD]
Members
137 posts
10,914 battles

On my first cup of coffee watching the video warheart1992 posted...

Couple of quick thoughts..

Graphics/Detail look really good.

Uboat speed?

If these Uboats make it to regular game play, I'll need the depth charges activated on my DDs.

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
372 posts
2,910 battles

*wipes off monitor after spewing tea all over it

Are we going to see sonar in future? Depth charges?   ASW patrols?

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,805 posts
6,212 battles

"If we get good feedback, if players like the gameplay, then we will strongly consider adding submarines to the main game."  -SubOctavian

[GLF]
Beta Testers
601 posts
11,235 battles

Looks interesting....always figured they could add subs, just not the 7kters (top Under Water Speed)

Kind of opens the door for Frigates, Corvettes and other ASW craft.

From the speed of them, they could using the specs from either a Type XXI (17kts UWS) or XVIII(24kts UWS)....most likely the XVIII

Guess I'll have to bone up on my sub skills.....now where did I put Silent Hunter 4?........

[HCH]
Beta Testers
914 posts
7,684 battles

Wow, if this ever hits the mainstream, the player base is going to blow up harder then Krakatoa. Also, would be interesting to see how they'll implement ASW.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,927 posts
10,844 battles

Thread #9 on the topic.

I predict 34 separate threads before the day is over.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,735 posts
5,902 battles
20 minutes ago, sulghunter331 said:

Also, would be interesting to see how they'll implement ASW.

"As a result of this change, Black Swan is now uptiering to 6 in the ASW frigate line, and her guns are becoming DP with restoration of the AP option for work against surfaced U boats. She will be replaced at Tier 1 by a suitably selected vessel." (My supposition only, not an official pronouncement.)

[WORX]
Members
2,781 posts
14,158 battles

I got to say when there is competition between WOWS and (starts with W, synonym with lightning). WOWS wants to be in the cutting edge of whats ahead, I would not be surprised if the competition was working on the same idea. Game changer for sure

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,799 posts
19,611 battles
35 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Thread #9 on the topic.

I predict 34 separate threads before the day is over.

Well to be fair this thread was posted #1 out of a total of 3 threads on the subject. Herr Rietz being much more nimble than I, managed to get the Live Stream posted before I could add it here and then we have one other thread on Submarines themselves.... 

I am looking forward to playing the Halloween event now, looks like lots of fun. The graphics and artwork is just amazing from what they have shown. It should be exciting just to explore what they have created and play with submarines as well. 

[O_O]
Members
4,927 posts
10,844 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well to be fair this thread was posted #1 out of a total of 3 threads on the subject. Herr Rietz being much more nimble than I, managed to get the Live Stream posted before I could add it here and then we have one other thread on Submarines themselves....

LOL...my comment wasn't made in your thread, initially.  There has apparently been some thread merge by a mod...

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,099 posts
9,864 battles

Good grief! This reminds me when when they said Missouri would never leave. Honestly, I’d take subs over the gimmicky Jean Bart or Le Terrible any day.