Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
J30_Reinhardt

Worst map for a BB? 2-cap Estuary.

7 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
10,265 posts
4,602 battles

This has got to be the worst map design I've ever seen for battleships. You flat-out can't shoot over anything and of course it makes sense for everyone and their mother to be in the middle third of the map...where... you can't shoot over anything and you aren't fast enough to get there. Especially in co-op. It's worthless. You're so limited if feels like you're a pro NFL quarterback throwing to a bunch of grandmothers in wheelchairs. Blindfolded.

/changemymindmeme

• Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
7,510 posts
13,021 battles

Standard in Estuary is not hard (might be for PVP if everyone camps at their spawn I suppose). IMO the undisputed king of horrible game maps for BB's (and any ship type actually) is Shatter. I hate that map so bad it isn't funny. Unless the ships are basically inside the caps you basically have no shots period for 3/4+ of the map. Only the extreme edges have some open areas to fight in. Just a horrible map.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[MIA-P]
Members
640 posts
5,829 battles

In my humble opinion Fault Lines is by far the worst for BBs. It's not that there aren't any areas on this map where BBs can battle it out, but they're all way out on the sides of the map, and given how slow BBs are around these tiers, one often ends up spending the first 5-8 minutes just sailing along, especially if your team lemmings away from the side you spawned on. Sure, a skilled BB captain might be able to force their way through the center, and the typical thing these days is for BBs to go down the second-to-last channels on either side, but this quickly becomes an overaggressive move that leaves you exposed to a bunch of bored 15 and 16 inch guns. Especially in ships like the Colorado, this map is a total snooze.

• Cool 1

Members
2,923 posts
3,229 battles

I'd argue Haven is the worst map for a BB, but that's just because I dislike the map in general. 

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
560 posts
12,270 battles

I don't hate Shatter, but do dislike it.  For me the worst map is Ocean, when I'm in my Massachusetts….just can't get there fast enough, and can't reach the reds on the way...

Members
21,171 posts
5,686 battles
5 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

This has got to be the worst map design I've ever seen for battleships. You flat-out can't shoot over anything and of course it makes sense for everyone and their mother to be in the middle third of the map...where... you can't shoot over anything and you aren't fast enough to get there. Especially in co-op. It's worthless. You're so limited if feels like you're a pro NFL quarterback throwing to a bunch of grandmothers in wheelchairs. Blindfolded.

/changemymindmeme

What you say is true, but it's not like you have to go all the way to the edge to advance up a side.

IMO, it's really just Two Brothers, with more possibility to use the middle, and some limited avenues to hit targets on the other side.

Sign in to follow this