You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mustangman6579

MSGA!

11 comments in this topic

[5D3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,243 posts
5,404 battles

Make the Shimakaze Great Again!

This ship has so fallen out of the times, it actually hurts teams to have them on it(unless the player is very good and lucky). 

Radar is everywhere, and can even outrange the guns and torps. Sure you can use the 20 km torps, but they are so slow and easy to dodge at that range, that you might as well fire torps into A1. Same chances to hit something. 

I remember the time that the forums were filled with rants about how overpowered the shima was. Was a great time to play it, not so much for everyone else. 

Now, you get the same amount of complaints, but instead they say stuff like, "I can't believe you brought that ship". 

Come on WG. MSGA!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[-DZ-]
Members
549 posts
25,070 battles

If they make the 81 knot build a km or 2 longer range, then it would be relevant for the build for me, otherwise I would get shima last, sadly 

[5D3]
1,243 posts
5,404 battles
18 minutes ago, Submarine_M1 said:

If they make the 81 knot build a km or 2 longer range, then it would be relevant for the build for me, otherwise I would get shima last, sadly 

76 is all they go at 8km range. Fairly worthless. 

But you might have something here. If the lowest ranged torps were 10km, and all torps got a 10 knot speed boost, it honestly might fix the ship. Maybe even give it back it's 4th torp launcher. 

• Cool 1

[-SYN-]
[-SYN-]
Alpha Tester
1,184 posts
4,846 battles

I really wish the community would learn to adapt to the game and not demand that the game adapt to them. While I can understand the sentiment the harsh reality is you will most likely find solace much faster if you take what you get and modify your play style to make it work. I don't find the Shimakaze to be that uncomfortable to play. The guns really aren't as bad as the popular opinion would lead you to believe and the torpedoes might get spotted sooner than others but not by much and you have a lot of them.

The issue is predictability. Shima players are easily predictable. They push caps hard and tend to use up all of their torpedoes in one salvo before using smoke at the first sign of opposition. This makes them pretty easy to counter. Luckily radar cruisers are predictable as well. They typically park in the same spots on each map and will use their radar as soon as they are spotted or a cap circle starts to turn red. This being the case 99% of the time it isn't hard to bait cruisers into wasting their radar. Skirting their detection range then running or hiding for thirty seconds renders them pretty much useless parked behind an island until it comes off of cool down, which gives a DD player more than enough time to cap. You are almost guaranteed to be able to spot an enemy DD first, and if you had any situational awareness at all you could probably guess at where the enemy destroyers might pop up. Unless cornered or being chased down by certain ships it isn't hard to remain unspotted. If you are spotted their's no reason why you can't hit the speed boost and stealthing up pretty quickly. In situations where that isn't possible there should be no reason why you shouldn't have your guns already trained in the right direction...torpedoes too which is the biggest complaint about the legendary module. 

I'm a very average player and if I can figure it out there's no reason why others can't.

• Cool 3

[5D3]
1,243 posts
5,404 battles
4 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

....radar can out-range the 12k torps? Since... when?

RU CAs have a 11.7km range. 

[5D3]
1,243 posts
5,404 battles
On 9/18/2018 at 4:32 AM, RightYouAreKen said:

They recently gave Shima a pretty significant concealment buff to 5.6km, so they aren’t ignoring her.  

wasn't it only 5.8 before? This was only done because other new DDs got the same 5.8. 

[FAE]
Members
2,322 posts
2,885 battles

Just change IJN torp detection to 1.4km =) 

Heck, likely that it will be possible to reduce the alpha damage too. 

WG seems to be worried that dd on dd crime, (topping other DDs as a one shot) isn't fun. 

[5D3]
1,243 posts
5,404 battles
9 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Nope, Hara concealment is 6.1 

I was talking about the yue. Didn't it get the 5.8?