You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Phasferous

Previous Day Container doesn't ask play for container type.

14 comments in this topic

[RAWR]
Members
499 posts

So I wasn't aware of this as usually I am able to collect containers prior to logging off for the day, but last night I had to hit the hay pretty fast and just needed to play a game to reach the last container I was within reach of.

However logging into the game today (just now) I did have the container but the game never bothered to ask me what type I wanted. Is this really a thing? Rather odd when every other time you collect one it gives you a option of which container type you want.

I've been trying to grind coal for the Musashi but and have been picking the resource container type for just about every time for the past month or so. So it's a bit off putting to find out the game just gives you the middle finger and auto-picks for you if you can't collect it during that play session. I can imagine it does the same thing within a single day. Like if you log off, then log back on later.

How long as this been a thing? Since the game released or is it a semi-recent change?

• Funny 1

[RAWR]
Members
499 posts
4 minutes ago, RC_1140 said:

Its always done it if you don't pick by the end of the day.

Well that's a bummer and a shame. Thanks for letting me know then. I'll try and remember that next time I need to go to bed but am aiming for the next container drop.

[PVE]
Members
2,586 posts
20,082 battles
3 hours ago, Phasferous said:

I can imagine it does the same thing within a single day.

No it doesn't...if you log out & log back in before the container reset you will still have the option to choose yourself (there's a clock to tell you how long until the reset after you pick all 3 containers for the day & it resets at 3:00 AM PST...but that time will change when time changes to 2:00 AM the weekend before Halloween). It only auto selects at that time each night if you have earned a container but not chosen what type yet.

2 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

You can select the container type without opening it. It'll just sit unopened until you choose to do so.

^^^Also this...you don't have to open them if you don't wanna have to wait for animations to get back to what you were doing (or go to bed for the night as in your situation last night) but you can choose them at any time after earning them to stop it from auto selecting at end of day & after choosing them they will stay in your container screen to be opened at any day you wish with all the options you chose saved.

Progress on  challenges (the ones that can be done each day as opposed to the missions that are usually 1 time only) also reset at that time.

The actual day change is an hour & 20 minutes later at 4:20 AM PST (3:20 after Halloween weekend) but that doesn't reset the containers again...but it does end events for the day (so if an event has a deadline of the 20th (for example) it actually ends our time at 3:00 AM on the 20th (time may vary based on time zone for you) so essentially it is only for the 19th for players that don't stay up playing until after midnight...but there is an opportunity to farm the rewards again from 3:00-4:20 before it ends on the last day.

Hope that last bit didn't get too confusing & hope that clarifies everything for you & good luck on getting the Musashi...fun ship...holds my highest score & most potential damage scores.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,148 posts
9,444 battles

I did not know this.  Probably because I am a bit OCD and even seeing my phone with unread messages and emails prompts me to pick it up and clear them.  I open containers almost as soon as I get them.

Even so, how long does it take to open a container?  If you have three, I'd wager that it takes less than a minute to open all of them.  Me, I'd lay awake wondering what's in them :-)

[RAWR]
Members
499 posts
8 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

^^^Also this...you don't have to open them if you don't wanna have to wait for animations to get back to what you were doing (or go to bed for the night as in your situation last night) but you can choose them at any time after earning them to stop it from auto selecting at end of day & after choosing them they will stay in your container screen to be opened at any day you wish with all the options you chose saved.

Progress on  challenges (the ones that can be done each day as opposed to the missions that are usually 1 time only) also reset at that time.

The actual day change is an hour & 20 minutes later at 4:20 AM PST (3:20 after Halloween weekend) but that doesn't reset the containers again...but it does end events for the day (so if an event has a deadline of the 20th (for example) it actually ends our time at 3:00 AM on the 20th (time may vary based on time zone for you) so essentially it is only for the 19th for players that don't stay up playing until after midnight...but there is an opportunity to farm the rewards again from 3:00-4:20 before it ends on the last day.

Hope that last bit didn't get too confusing & hope that clarifies everything for you & good luck on getting the Musashi...fun ship...holds my highest score & most potential damage scores.

To be honest this entire message is hard to follow. I've read and reread it and still am not sure what you are talking about. It's a bit of a info dump that is hard to read. Plus you used half-nested parenthesis in your message too, making it harder to read as well.

[RAWR]
Members
499 posts
11 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

You can select the container type without opening it. It'll just sit unopened until you choose to do so.

I am confused. This isn't what RC_1140 said and that's not what the game did. I couldn't pick it when I logged back in the day after I earned it.

There seems to be some mixed signals coming from the posters in this thread. So should the game have allowed me to pick the container from the previous day or not?

[WOLF1]
Members
4,003 posts
8 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

I am confused. This isn't what RC_1140 said and that's not what the game did. I couldn't pick it when I logged back in the day after I earned it.

There seems to be some mixed signals coming from the posters in this thread. So should the game have allowed me to pick the container from the previous day or not?

If you leave it unopened after reset time, it's likely that it will be opened w/o your input, and a random 'type' will be used.  There are exceptions, but I'm not sure exactly how that is done.

• Cool 1

[B2P]
Members
565 posts
15,253 battles
7 minutes ago, Phasferous said:

You need to pick what kind of container you want the same day that you earned it, or the game will select one for you at the end of the day (a TYL container if I remember correctly).  But you don't have to open the container you selected.  Some players like to collect containers until they get a super container, then have what equates to an opening party.

• Cool 2

[RAWR]
Members
499 posts
5 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

You need to pick what kind of container you want the same day that you earned it, or the game will select one for you at the end of the day (a TYL container if I remember correctly).  But you don't have to open the container you selected.  Some players like to collect containers until they get a super container, then have what equates to an opening party.

Oh okay! I get it now. Thank you for clarifying that a bit more. I've seen people do that, where they store containers and don't open them.

Does this actually boost your chances of getting a Super Container? Also isn't there a limit on how many you can store and not open? Recall there was once.

Also the game auto-picked a credits container for me, I could tell by the logo on the side of the container. So what container type it picks is probably random too I'd guess.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

it auto picks credits container. no higher chance if you save them up, only if you select TYL containers. some containers contain rewards that expire, but i dont think the containers ever do, or that there is a limit on how man you can have before opening.

[PVE]
Members
13,849 posts
8,900 battles

Wiki

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Container

The amount you can have unopened.

If a captain accumulates 1000 unopened containers additional containers will be opened automatically.

When containers are auto-collected. I believe the default auto-collect container is signals.

At the end of each server day the running XP total is reset to 0. At this time containers that were earned but not already collected manually will be collected automatically. XP from battles is counted at the time the battle ends.

Five daily container types.

• More Credits: Three items. First item is always credits and is more likely to draw more.
  • More Signals and Camouflages: Three items. First item is always signals or camouflage and is more likely to draw more.
  • More Consumables: Three items. First item is always 3x Damage Control Party II and is more likely to draw more consumables.
  • More Resources: Three items. First item is always 400 Coal, second one is 400 Coal, 3 Equal Speed Charlie London signals, or 500 Free XP and third is 400 Coal, 500 Free XP, or 3 signals (Hotel Yankee, November Foxtrot, Papa Papa, Zulu, Juliet Charlie, or Zulu Hotel).
  • Try Your Luck: Twice (?) as likely to be a supercontainer, but otherwise contains only one item, most likely 4x signal.

IIRC, the contents and if it is a SC it's contents, are determined when you pick it.

[PVE]
Members
2,586 posts
20,082 battles
12 hours ago, Phasferous said:

Does this actually boost your chances of getting a Super Container?

No...the SCs are determined when you pick them & you will know immediately when you get them...you can also save them & open them later but any containers contents are already determined when you pick them.

For the record...there was 1 time I didn't open my containers & the next day I actually got a SC as a randomly selected pick. It was a long time ago so don't remember what was even in it but it is possible for that to happen.

As for the TL/DR version of my previous rambling...3:00 AM (PST) is the time the containers reset so any earned but not chosen by you will be randomly chosen at that time. Daylights Saving Time effects that so when the time changes (weekend before Halloween) the reset time for containers will change to 2:00 AM (PST).