Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tzarevitch

USS West Virginia - A request to wargaming

8 comments in this topic

[NUWES]
Members
2,019 posts
6,505 battles

This post is really just a well-reasoned request to Wargaming to change the name of the T6 West Virginia in the Dev Blog to USS Maryland. Maryland was a worthy ship in its own right but it didn't stand for what West Virginia did. West Virginia is all about reincarnation from the ashes of Pear Harbor like a phoenix. It was the most damaged ship to be resurrected from Pearl Harbor and was rebuilt to be better than when she started. It was a symbol of the USN rising from the ashes. The T6, as originally-built version that you proposed really doesn't do justice to USS West Virginia, what it went through, and what it became. The ship went from this:

Spoiler

See the source image

to this:

Spoiler

See the source image

I understand you may not be able to do the latter version as a premium right now. All I ask is you keep the West Virginia name free and consider doing the ship in its final form as a premium in the future. I think most of us would appreciate it and would show that appreciation by buying it. 

• Cool 14

[WOLF9]
Members
7,983 posts
3,416 battles

When I see WeeVee in game I want to see the version that rose from the grave.  We owe her that honor.

• Cool 5

Members
2 posts

I’m not buying WV after she’s been nerfed into the ground and shoehorned in at T6. Waiting for #WV44 is a big part of my interest in WoWs. This ticks me off to the point of going to play something else. Oh well, maybe WG will surprise us. 

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,218 battles
19 hours ago, The_Driftin_Cowboy said:

I’m not buying WV after she’s been nerfed into the ground and shoehorned in at T6. Waiting for #WV44 is a big part of my interest in WoWs. This ticks me off to the point of going to play something else. Oh well, maybe WG will surprise us. 

I guess will have to see.

Sign in to follow this