You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheLastReaper

Top 5 Best Ships for Grinding Credits

26 comments in this topic

Members
292 posts

I need a lot of credits; like over 30 million for the foreseeable future. I know Missouri is the best supposedly at grading credits but how would you rank the next 5 runner ups for credit grinding so I can try and get one? Thank you!

Beta Testers
1,639 posts
3,820 battles
Just now, TheLastReaper said:

I need a lot of credits; like over 30 million for the foreseeable future. I know Missouri is the best supposedly at grading credits but how would you rank the next 5 runner ups for credit grinding so I can try and get one? Thank you!

1 .Kii with special anime camo that starts with a Koybashi

2. Roma with the special anime camo that starts with a Koybashi

3. Musashi or Kronsdat or Black or in the Future Jean Bart, USS Alaska, and other future tier 9 premiums

4. Ashitaka with Koybashi camo

5. any tier 8 premium without special anime camo that starts with a Koybashi something I think

Missouri is retired so it is not included.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
20,185 posts
13,636 battles
2 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

1 .Kii with special anime camo that starts with a Koybashi

2. Roma with the special anime camo that starts with a Koybashi

3. Musashi or Kronsdat or Black or in the Future Jean Bart, USS Alaska, and other future tier 9 premiums

4. Ashitaka with Koybashi camo

5. any tier 8 premium without special anime camo that starts with a Koybashi something I think

^

Also, Kobayashi* and Kronshtadt*.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF9]
Members
1,022 posts
4,298 battles
26 minutes ago, TheLastReaper said:

As far as non-premium, the French BBs at tier 5 and 6, the Bretagne and Normandy, as well as the tier 7 Lyon are very good credit earners. All three are good at racking up damage. The tier 7 British cruiser, Fiji, is also a good choice as long as you don't run premium consumables all the time, so is the tier 7 US light cruiser Helena. Once you get to tier 8, non-premium ships can start to cost you more to operate and you don't see as profitable return and you can start to lose money, especially if you don't have a decent game.

Premium wise, at tier V, the Giulio Cesare. At tier 6, the Arizona, and at tier 7, the Ashitaka. At tier 8, the Alabama or Roma.

If you don't want to spend any cash on a premium, at tier 7, the Nelson can be bought with free XP and is a fun BB that is great for credit farming in as well as training your British commanders. At tier 9, you have the Mushashi, which is basically a Yamato.

Edited by daVinci761st

[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,319 posts
4,522 battles

Musashi and Nelson roll in the bank, as do the tier 8 premiums and ESPECIALLY premiums with Makoto Kobayashi camo.

[FGNE]
Members
756 posts
2,246 battles
3 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Musashi and Nelson roll in the bank, as do the tier 8 premiums and ESPECIALLY premiums with Makoto Kobayashi camo.

Where does one get that camo?

Members
292 posts
3 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Exactly what I was about to ask.

Also Camo aside does Nelson or tier 8 premiums earn more credits?

Edited by TheLastReaper

[WOLF9]
Members
1,022 posts
4,298 battles
7 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

The Kobayashi camos were/are sold in a special bundle in the premium shop with their respective ships.

Edited by daVinci761st

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,599 posts
3,603 battles

I've found the Texas is one of my better credit earning ships because it's always bottom tier and I play her pretty well and since bottom tier ships earn more for damaging and destroying higher tier ships, it means good earnings. October Revolution does the same also for the same reason

Scharnhorst is pretty good also among with the Nelson also and the Dunkerque can make surprisingly good amounts of credits at times also

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,230 posts
9,756 battles

Personnally I find Prinz Eugen to be a really good credit maker. I tried Musashi recently but she doesn't print as much credit as Prinz Eugen. On those monster yes Musashi will print credit but for your average game, I will recommend Prinz Eugen. 

[LEGIO]
Members
3,206 posts
5,913 battles
41 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Missouri is retired so it is not included.

That's a common assumption and is unfortunately likely but has WG confirmed it to the true?

[HINON]
Supertester
20,185 posts
13,636 battles
13 minutes ago, TheLastReaper said:

Kobayashi camos are included for several premiums in more expensive packages in the premium store, when they're available.

T8 premiums earn more than T7 ones. No, Nelson is not special.

• Cool 2

Members
292 posts
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Kobayashi camos are included for several premiums in more expensive packages in the premium store, when they're available.

T8 premiums earn more than T7 ones. No, Nelson is not special.

Thank you!

[WOLF9]
Members
1,022 posts
4,298 battles
20 minutes ago, TheLastReaper said:

What Lert said is true, but I wouldn't discount the camos that come with the premiums because that is part of the reason that helps them earn more. The tier 7 free XP premium Nelson or the tier 6-9 premium ships you pay for will come with a permanent type 10 camo which reduces the post-battle costs by 10% (20% for tier 9 ships) in addition to some other bonuses.

Even though I don't own a tier 8 premium ship, the Nelson is comparable to those tier 8 premiums IMO based on my experience in comparing earnings with players who own them, but the tier 8's should earn more. A lot of it will come down to how well you play in the particular ship.

BTW, what makes those Kobayashi camos so good on the Ashitaka, Kii, and Roma is because they reduce the cost of running the ship by 50% per battle plus give a 20% bonus to credit earnings. 

Edited by daVinci761st

[WOLF5]
Members
1,828 posts
2,524 battles
9 minutes ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

That's a common assumption and is unfortunately likely but has WG confirmed it to the true?

It will not be for regular sale again. It may appear again for limited time sales for FXP/Coal. However, the MO makes so much money it nearly broke WG's high tier economy, so it may never appear again. I think the $100+ price is too much for them to resist though.

The MO makes every other premium completely irrelevant in terms of money making. I haven't loaded mine up on a premium account with every credit signal possible, but it's probably an easy couple million set up that way.

It will be interesting to see what the credit potential for the Alaska is. It won't be the MO's, but it should be nice.

Musashi and Kron are supposed to be better than T8s, don't know first hand though. I think Kii and Roma have a special camo that also makes them ridiculous money makers.

T8 premiums are nice. Good credits. I don't play my AL much because I have the MO, but it makes a couple hundred thousand credits on a good game without premium or too many signals. I know it's the same for the other nations. T8 premium is my suggestion because they're not a gimmicky ship, make good money, and make good captain trainers for your line usually.

T7 premiums are also good. Not as much as T8, but still very profitable. They are also often more fun to play, avoiding the more stagnant playstyle of T8+, and the ships themselves tend to be more interesting spinoffs than just very similar versions of the line ships. 

Anything below T7 isn't as good because the credit earning drops off. Still fun and profitable, but just not as much money.

Whatever way you go, the special signals, the special signals they released for the anniversary, and the basic credit flag can be stacked to massively buff your credits. Use them. Also, if the credit earning is baked into the ship itself, and not the camo, you can stick another credit earning camo on the ship for even more credits.

Final note: The perma camoes for T10 are very nice. Not quite as good as the T9 and 8 premiums, but on a standard account playing Ranked (so performance signals, not economy ones) my Montana makes me a couple of hundred thousand on an OK game, even with all premium consumables. Just something to keep in mind. Although I usually do 100K damage a game, and as credits are based off damage (IIRC) that may be skewing things, as Ranked is a little different than Randoms in terms of how much damage to expect to do.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,060 posts
16,404 battles

Tier VII+ Premiums tend to be good to go as money makers.

The Makoto Kobayashi-camo'd ships are excellent money makers.  But the caveat is that this camo is a separate purchase AFTER you get the appropriate ship.  Kii, Ashitaka, Roma, you'd have to buy them from the shop and then spend some more to buy the special camo afterwards.  Now, they come with their own normal Perma-Camo, so it's not like you're getting the ships naked.

Another warning with the Makoto Kobayashi-camo'd ships is that I highly suggest to read hard on reviews of the ship.  Kii, Ashitaka, Roma have some issues with them that players do not like.  Personally, I really like Roma but even I know there are problems she has that make people go nuts when using her.  The buyer is warned.

Another money maker are Tier X ships with Perma-Camo.  If you play decently and you got that camo, you can make fat bank and XPs.  But Tier X Perma-Camo is very expensive.

Last, keep a very sharp eye on the game's News page.  Sometimes events roll around where WG will reward FREE Perma-Camo.  Tier X Worcester is a great example, the most high profile one in a long time.  The recent Sharks - Eagles Event had numerous Free Perma-Camo for her, even Des Moines, etc.  Helena recently got a spiffy, free Perma-Camo, which is very convenient since she is a pretty popular ship in the USN CL Line and well regarded.  I know not everyone has Premium Acct and may not necessarily be able to put out much money, so stuff like this is a big deal.

[SF-E]
Members
523 posts
6,999 battles
41 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Tier 10s with premium camo, flags, and premium account can pull in some nice revenue. 

Hide contents

5ba070b8a0228_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_07.30-11_36_27_58.thumb.png.dbf921c5411341381591464cb10deb27.png5ba070a94f820_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_09_08-09_08_45_55.thumb.png.baa334f593a38d4ca3f8bb7767773631.png5ba0709a6b9c9_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_09.15-21_32_33_97.thumb.png.632309635077c436666dc3518f21b525.png

If you have t10 ships, then I would agree that the perma camo can make them incredibly good credit earners.  5,000 doubloons is a bit expensive, but for all intents and purposes, it effectively turns your t10 into a premium ship at least in terms of credit earning potential.

If you have a t10 that you really enjoy, then I would recommend it.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,245 posts
8,965 battles
2 hours ago, TheLastReaper said:

I strongly suggest get a Des Moines, buy her perma camo and go to town. For sone reasons Nelson doesn't make that many credits and any premium less than t7 doesn't make that many either. Atlanta is great for farming credits, but her credit potential isnt as high as a Des Moines with perma camo.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,245 posts
8,965 battles
30 minutes ago, Tembin said:

If you have t10 ships, then I would agree that the perma camo can make them incredibly good credit earners.  5,000 doubloons is a bit expensive, but for all intents and purposes, it effectively turns your t10 into a premium ship at least in terms of credit earning potential.

If you have a t10 that you really enjoy, then I would recommend it.

5000 gold is less than most t7 premiums which would be required to produce any amount of credits. 5k gold is what? ~$22 whereas most t7s gonfor around ~40? Its a worthy investment.

[SHELX]
Supertester
324 posts
3,992 battles

I think Kii has the best looking of the Makoto Kobayashi camo's personally (its the gold and black its visually appealing).  Roma's just...its the CAN...i just couldn't bring myself to get that camo due to that, which is sad because I do love my Roma and her guns.  

Edited by EroSun

[NGAGE]
[NGAGE]
Members
72 posts
8,019 battles

Just curious and learning.

Why did Tirpitz not make the list?

I thought is was good at bow tanking and earning credits and FXP.

Members
21,171 posts
5,686 battles
On Monday, September 17, 2018 at 9:55 PM, TheLastReaper said:

I dunno, I've made 15 million credits in the last couple weeks, with just premium acct., and playing Tiers 6-10, a few games a day, and the only premiums I have in those tiers are Spee and Shinonome, neither of which I have played.

Really, anything you play reasonably well at T6 and up will make you 100+K credits a game, just don't use prem. consumables unless you have a stockpile. The better you play, the more you can make at higher tiers.