You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

28 days of premium...thanx WG...I needed that.

8 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
2,575 posts
20,050 battles

Somebody had a thread asking what we were hoping to get from the SCs from T10 ships & I totally forgot about premium time as an option.

I waited until the free day of premium ran out before running them (was using premium time to help grind out lower tier ships as fast as possible for discounts on the next ships in line so didn't want to waste it on the T10 ship runs as it was only 1 day) & I was gonna use my day of premium from the last PT after I was done w/the T10 runs to continue grinding out the other ships for discounts & lo & behold I get to save that day (& the other 2 from this last PT) for another month almost thanx to 2-7 days & 1-14 days premium drops from the SCs.

Also got 100 signals of a type I actually was out of & use often & 50 hydras & 100 (2-50 drops) of Red Dragons (oh yeah...the ones w/100% XP...likes them the most).

The main item I was hoping for was a premium ship of some type & 1 did also get 15k coal which allowed me to get the Yubari (a 15k coal drop in a SC I got just 2 days before allowed me to finish getting Salem).

Have wanted Yubari for a long time as it was 1 of the 3 original ships in the game (kudos for anybody that can name the other 2. Hint...this game did start out as Pay to Play only & the other 2 are also premiums).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,486 posts
15,773 battles
2 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Have wanted Yubari for a long time as it was 1 of the 3 original ships in the game (kudos for anybody that can name the other 2. Hint...this game did start out as Pay to Play only & the other 2 are also premiums).

Gremyashchy and Sims were the other two ships offered during CBT to buy your way into testing. All three have been nerfed since being introduced.

[KAOZ]
Beta Testers
3,525 posts
2,604 battles

Personally, I only got ONE supercontainer (only the Yamato for this casual... still working on that German monster BB)
I got... 50 useless flags of +250% commander xp.

I really wish I could trade it for coal.  Oh well.

[PVE]
Members
2,575 posts
20,050 battles

Sorry for delay in getting back to you all...meant to get right on it & life had to go & continue happening...hate when that happens

2 hours ago, SgtSpud said:

Aurora,Gremmyashi , Yubari and Sims

Not only Kudos but Double Kudos (Kudos X 2) to you...I wasn't even aware that Aurora was 4th.

Yubari is the only 1 I actually have (now...thanx coal...have always wanted the original 3 but haven't had the $ for them...even when they were all available).

My Buddy that got me into this game played the original bought his way in but he only played it for awhile & went on to testing other things for a long time before coming back & then started playing again & there was a whole lot more content by then so even he didn't know Aurora was the 4th.

He hasn't played in awhile as he wasn't happy w/the IJN DD split (he had a 78% win rate in original Fubuki...that 3rd rack of torps in a T8 was just lethal wasn't it...I only got to play it 30 times but it was my 1st T8 so didn't do as well in it (45%).

1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Gremyashchy and Sims were the other two ships offered during CBT to buy your way into testing. All three have been nerfed since being introduced.

They've definitely been power crept but at least the Simms has been buffed as there wasn't a hydro consumable then & Yubari obviously didn't have the DF because it wasn't needed & the special upgrade it has (needed due to aforementioned power creep) definitely didn't exist...it doesn't even have hydro for a T4 cruiser but w/DF & upgrade it still stands it's own (in the right hands...I haven't even tried it yet...been grinding tree ships as stated before...gonna say it will definitely be weird running a T4 CL w/out hydro)...yet...

The Gremy is the only one that isn't available...obviously because it was the most expensive then so designed to be more powerful (yes...it was pay to win originally...so all the complaints about it now [whether real or imagined] are redundant...jk).

The rest of the tree probably balances off those 3 original ships for "power balancing"...Yubari for low...Gremy for middle & Simms for high w/a ship able to overpower Gremy in a 1 on 1 (consistently) being ones that need nerfing.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Beta Testers
1,172 posts
14,713 battles

Yeah I still have all four and they are fun to play.....Aurora was a nasty beast in her day, and it's funny how many folks get nailed by Sims sea mines!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,486 posts
15,773 battles
8 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Yubari obviously didn't have the DF because it wasn't needed & the special upgrade it has (needed due to aforementioned power creep) definitely didn't exist...it doesn't even have hydro for a T4 cruiser but w/DF & upgrade it still stands it's own

Yubari did have Def AA in CBT; it also had a smoke screen. It didn't have the accuracy upgrade which makes it the sniper it is now. Yubari was my buy in ship for CBT, and I've loved it ever since. Great little seal clubber.

[PVE]
Members
2,575 posts
20,050 battles
13 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Yubari did have Def AA in CBT; it also had a smoke screen. It didn't have the accuracy upgrade which makes it the sniper it is now. Yubari was my buy in ship for CBT, and I've loved it ever since. Great little seal clubber.

I'm referring to before CBT...the time I'm referring to DF wasn't needed because there was no CVs or any tech tree at all...just those 3 ships...& there was only 1 server (assuming it was the RU server but my buddy wasn't sure about that...just that there was only 1 server).