You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

AP bombs

34 comments in this topic

[-1]
Members
224 posts
4,308 battles

CV player puts finger out of his nose, clicks on Bismarck and it loses three quarters of HP. What a freaking skill show. I just can’t imagine how this feature was added to the game! And people complained about Asashio... lol. Deep water torps—hard to dodge! How about dodging AP bombs? I hope this nonsense will be fixed with CV rework.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,138 posts
16,481 battles

LOL when a BB deletes a Cruiser or lands a multi AP pen on a DD, it's all good, as well as some having Secondaries that almost reach the max gun range of some Cruiser main guns... but once a BB is threatened, "Hold on now!  Let's not get too hasty!" :Smile_teethhappy:

Oh well, that's what you get when the Germans design new ships  to refight WWI :Smile_teethhappy:  They're the only BBs in the game that are vulnerable to AP Bombs.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

[-1]
Members
224 posts
4,308 battles
12 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Show us on the model where the nasty CV reached out and touched you inappropriately.

#BBabiesAreMeTooWhoKnewIt

I can’t; I suspect your gun has not reached puberty yet.

[5D5]
Members
2,583 posts
15,793 battles
6 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

I can’t; I suspect your gun has not reached puberty yet.

Aww, such a nice butthurt response. Most of us who play BBs have experienced this but few of us cry about it.

[-1]
Members
224 posts
4,308 battles
17 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

LOL when a BB deletes a Cruiser or lands a multi AP pen on a DD, it's all good, as well as some having Secondaries that almost reach the max gun range of some Cruiser main guns... but once a BB is threatened, "Hold on now!  Let's not get too hasty!" :Smile_teethhappy:

Oh well, that's what you get when the Germans design new ships  to refight WWI :Smile_teethhappy:  They're the only BBs in the game that are vulnerable to AP Bombs.

DDs have smoke and cruisers can hide behind islands and they have torps—it’s a fair fight; planes can reach you fast and everywhere. AP bombs make this game dumb.

• Bad 1

[-1]
Members
224 posts
4,308 battles
1 minute ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Aww, such a nice butthurt response. Most of us who play BBs have experienced this but few of us cry about it.

Well, I guess your inappropriate place became numb.

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles
30 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

DDs have smoke and cruisers can hide behind islands and they have torps—it’s a fair fight; planes can reach you fast and everywhere. AP bombs make this game dumb.

Well if AP bombs make this game dumb, so do cruisers and destroyers getting deleted by BBs. They can’t always hide behind islands and smoke.

Edited by Submarine_Albacore
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
471 posts
10,243 battles

BB Player: Somebody hurt me! Waaaaaahhhhh!

Cruiser Player:...........

DD Player:............

CV Player: <smirk>

WG: Nerfs cruisers and DD's....

• Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,506 posts
15,773 battles
1 hour ago, dimzzy said:

AP bombs make this game dumb.

AP bombs make this game balanced.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
18,138 posts
16,481 battles
8 hours ago, dimzzy said:

AP Bombers can go against me, my BBs just swat them down with ease and collect the Ribbons, Credits, and XPs as they fall from the skies with fiery trails into the water.

Airplanes are rewards literally falling into my lap for doing next to nothing against them.

If I'm in a Cruiser, it's even more hilarious.

As I've said many times before on these boards, I can't take BB players seriously because you guys are just so awful.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[-1]
Members
224 posts
4,308 battles
15 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

AP Bombers can go against me, my BBs just swat them down with ease and collect the Ribbons, Credits, and XPs as they fall from the skies with fiery trails into the water.

Airplanes are rewards literally falling into my lap for doing next to nothing against them.

If I'm in a Cruiser, it's even more hilarious.

As I've said many times before on these boards, I can't take BB players seriously because you guys are just so awful.

First claim is outright lie because many BBs do not have adequate AA against high tier planes.

Last claim is even more controversial—you do noticeably better in BBs than in CAs.

I’m sorry but I just can’t take you seriously.

[-1]
Members
224 posts
4,308 battles
21 hours ago, Umikami said:

AP bombs make this game balanced.

Do you just repeat someone’s bold claim or you really had satori?

[-1]
Members
224 posts
4,308 battles
22 hours ago, hexeris said:

BB Player: Somebody hurt me! Waaaaaahhhhh!

Cruiser Player:...........

DD Player:............

CV Player: <smirk>

WG: Nerfs cruisers and DD's....

Yeah, reading is hard. It will grow on you with time.

• Cool 1

[-1]
Members
224 posts
4,308 battles
23 hours ago, Submarine_Albacore said:

Well if AP bombs make this game dumb, so do cruisers and destroyers getting deleted by BBs. They can’t always hide behind islands and smoke.

How can you avoid AP bomb? Sit back, close to your CV. Or behind island next to cruiser. Is it fun? I don’t think so.

How can you avoid being deleted by BB? You have tons of options—smoke, hide behind islands, stop firing to become invisible, dodge shells if you are fast, angle if you have some armor. You have plenty of options and this is the essence of the game.

I’m surprised that you don’t see the obvious thing.

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,316 posts
8,054 battles

For once I agree with a whinepost. WG figured out that CVs didn't like using their brains or having skill, so they remade the frankly well balanced USN CVs into point and click adventure monstrosities. Next they are taking out all RTS gameplay completely, because RTS games have been falling in popularity recently, since they are too hard and not casual enough. I think I've met (in random battle) a total of maybe 5 CV players that utilized every mechanic that CVs have and that's just sad and very telling of the playerbase in general and their lack of commitment to RTS gameplay. I want to chew WG out for this but really it's the players. They wanted this, they got it. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,506 posts
15,773 battles
2 hours ago, dimzzy said:

Do you just repeat someone’s bold claim or you really had satori?

No I quit riding the short bus last week and now wear big boy pants and get to think for myself all the time.

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,601 posts
2,491 battles
14 hours ago, dimzzy said:

How can you avoid AP bomb? Sit back, close to your CV. Or behind island next to cruiser. Is it fun? I don’t think so.

How can you avoid being deleted by BB? You have tons of options—smoke, hide behind islands, stop firing to become invisible, dodge shells if you are fast, angle if you have some armor. You have plenty of options and this is the essence of the game.

I’m surprised that you don’t see the obvious thing.

You can avoid AP Bombs, just like you can avoid being deleted by a BB. But guess what? Those aren't always guaranteed to prevent you form being deleted by a BB just like turning towards, trying to stick near AA cruisers and changing speed won't always save you from a CV's planes but they can sure how minimize the damage you may attack. If not? Oh well, it can be frustrating to suddenly lose all of your hp because of one simple thing but its apart of the game. Just move on and play another ship.

Members
2,702 posts
4,322 battles
On 9/17/2018 at 7:15 PM, dimzzy said:

So would you be willing to give up the Bismarck's turtle back for added AP bomb protection? Maybe like NC style armor.

Minus Graf Zeppelin you want the bombs to be dropped at your broadside. The long narrow USN drop is great against a bow on targets. Think the opposite of dodging torp drops.

Edited by StoneRhino

[-1]
Members
224 posts
4,308 battles
On 9/19/2018 at 12:38 AM, Umikami said:

No I quit riding the short bus last week and now wear big boy pants and get to think for myself all the time.

I see; give it some time and truly unique thoughts will start coming eventually.

[-1]
Members
224 posts
4,308 battles
On 9/19/2018 at 12:17 PM, StoneRhino said:

So would you be willing to give up the Bismarck's turtle back for added AP bomb protection? Maybe like NC style armor.

Minus Graf Zeppelin you want the bombs to be dropped at your broadside. The long narrow USN drop is great against a bow on targets. Think the opposite of dodging torp drops.

Why it should be a question of giving up something? My complaint is that AP bombs are no skill feature that is way too strong. Either nerf them or make CVs sweat for landing bombs by requiring more lead.

[TBOW]
Members
1,612 posts
11,675 battles

First off OP were you using the mighty WASD Hack that everyone gets?  Times I have stripped that kind of health off of a Bismarck, is cause he was sailing in a straight line or I caught him backing up.   So if you aren't changing directions when those planes are coming that is how he got you.

Members
2,702 posts
4,322 battles
4 hours ago, dimzzy said:

Why it should be a question of giving up something? My complaint is that AP bombs are no skill feature that is way too strong. Either nerf them or make CVs sweat for landing bombs by requiring more lead.

Because Bismarck's armor was designed to protect against relatively close battleship AP. Which leaves it vulnerable to plunging fire and AP bombs.

Where as the NC's armor was designed to defend against it's own shells at long range. Which makes it vulnerable to relatively close BB AP.

Since the game doesn't allow true plunging fire, the only thing that the Bismarck faces that attacks it's vulnerability is AP bombs. But the NC constantly faces threats to the vulnerabilities of it's armor.

If you want to buff the Bismarck's vulnerability then shouldn't stand to reason that the buff should come at the cost of some of it's strengths?

If someone was arguing that a NC should gain protection from BB AP. I would wonder what they would be willing to give up to gain that.

[-1]
Members
224 posts
4,308 battles
7 hours ago, StoneRhino said:

Because Bismarck's armor was designed to protect against relatively close battleship AP. Which leaves it vulnerable to plunging fire and AP bombs.

Where as the NC's armor was designed to defend against it's own shells at long range. Which makes it vulnerable to relatively close BB AP.

Since the game doesn't allow true plunging fire, the only thing that the Bismarck faces that attacks it's vulnerability is AP bombs. But the NC constantly faces threats to the vulnerabilities of it's armor.

If you want to buff the Bismarck's vulnerability then shouldn't stand to reason that the buff should come at the cost of some of it's strengths?

If someone was arguing that a NC should gain protection from BB AP. I would wonder what they would be willing to give up to gain that.

Well, that’s reasonable. But still NC could angle to mitigate damage, right? What’s the play to counter AP bombs? Just sit back? What seems to be happening in CV rework is that there are more opportunities to dodge bombs so at least it looks like a reasonable improvement.