You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ReddNekk

"Win battles and earn ____ base XP"

17 comments in this topic

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I hate it when there's a requirement to win battles. It jinxes me. As soon as that requirement comes up, it's defeat after defeat after defeat. Winning battles should never be a requirement in any task, since a player has little if any control over winning a battle. I have to jump over to Co-Op to get the wins and remove the jinx.

How about a option to delete such tasks WG?

Edited by ReddNekk

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,790 posts
19,611 battles
15 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

just do what the majority of the player base does and get into Co-Op

There has been lots of players in co-op since they started doing the daily missions that require wins. Even more people playing at tier 10, my guess is they are grinding the legendary upgrades as well. Personally I am happy to see so many people playing my favorite mode, am meeting lots of new people and having some really fun games. Have even run into some people who I see post in the forums and had a notable encounter with The Mighty Jingles as well! Didn't even realize he played on NA.... 

[WOLF6]
Members
751 posts
4,608 battles

Part 1 is done in 4 coop games in Atlanta, averaging 500-600 base XP each coop game.

for Part 2, I usually jump into operations and after 3 operations games in Helena, Boise, and NdJ or Lyon, part 2 of the daily chain is done.

[LOU1]
Members
3,455 posts
9,239 battles

The interesting thing is that when it is a kill, damage or XP only requirement, we get upset that no body cares about trying to win the battle.

Try to relax and focus on outwitting your opponents.  That usually takes my mind of off the requirement.  I do best when I figure that I can't achieve whatever the goal is.

Community Department
2,422 posts
634 battles
9 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

I hate it when there's a requirement to win battles. It jinxes me. As soon as that requirement comes up, it's defeat after defeat after defeat. Winning battles should never be a requirement in any task, since a player has little if any control over winning a battle. I have to jump over to Co-Op to get the wins and remove the jinx.

How about a option to delete such tasks WG?

I understand you. It is necessary to distract from the task and just play as usual without concentrating on the task, then the probability of victory will increase. Because attention will be directed to the battle itself. I sometimes suffer from this too. Try to forget about special tasks when you are in battle if it negatively affects your playstyle.
This is all I can recommend you because I don't see any plans to delete such tasks.

Members
180 posts
2,725 battles

Well, if they removed the "win" requirement you'd have a higher incidence of "Screw my team, I'm just here to farm XP" game play.  As it is, you have to try to contribute to your team winning versus just clinging to the edge pf the map and farming XP the whole game.  The requirement I hate is the "X number of kills" stuff.  There you see people deliberately checking fire and just watching a a battle until the enemy is down to 1000 health, then unleashing one volley in hopes of grabbing the kill.  

[GLF]
Members
844 posts
10,761 battles

I've never seen a basexp requirement that wasn't overcome with a completely average performance win in Sims. 

[WOLF9]
Members
7,948 posts
3,396 battles
14 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

had a notable encounter with The Mighty Jingles as well! Didn't even realize he played on NA.... 

Careful.  I've run into at least two players with usernames very much like Jingles, who aren't.  (I've not seen the man myself.)

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
674 posts
1,303 battles

I usually don't have a lot of time to spend chasing wins in randoms, so scenarios are a great way to get those missions done quickly. The current op is a crapshoot, as it's a bit harder and the mission is lost occasionally.

Nice thing about scenarios is the base XP is much better than what you'd earn in co-op, and 1K+ base XP per match is pretty easy. I don't have anything over tier 8, so maybe earning 1K base XP in co-op is easy to do in 9's & 10's.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,790 posts
19,611 battles
9 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Careful.  I've run into at least two players with usernames very much like Jingles, who aren't.  (I've not seen the man myself.)

The guy I ran into had the name TheMightyJingles and have seen that in his videos so am pretty sure. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,790 posts
19,611 battles
9 minutes ago, wtfovr said:

I thought he was AdmiralHipster in World of Warships.

He has several accounts, well 2 that I know of anyways.