You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

WeeVee-Gate

53 comments in this topic

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,998 posts
4,848 battles

Seriously....we've been after a modernized version of the WeeVee BEFORE THE GAME EVEN CAME OUT and the developers straight up ignored us.

Do us right, scrap the tier 6 and give us the modern version...we've waited since ALPHA we can wait longer.

Proof: 

#weevee-gate

• Cool 5
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

[CHA0S]
144 posts
4,412 battles

I agree the refit of the West Virginia would be more interesting than what was showed today.

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,908 posts
2,281 battles

#WeeVeeGate

Just change the ST WV to Maryland if you want to keep that model!

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Supertester
20,182 posts
13,636 battles
34 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

scrap the tier 6 and give us the modern version

No need to scrap anything, simply rename this one Maryland, and give us a Puget Sound refit WV either at T7 with the Massachusetts treatment  or T8 as hyper-accurate sniping brick, still with enhanced secondaries.

• Cool 23
  • Bad 1

[BNKR]
Members
233 posts
1,936 battles

As a native West Virginian, a graduate of WVU (where her mast resides today) and a fan of WWII history, I will be significantly disappointed if we do not get the post-Pearl Harbor WV refit.  She served with distinction, and deserves to be represented as such in our game.

• Cool 3

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
651 posts
2,875 battles

I'm okay with an old-stock-hull Colorado at tier 6. Lord knows the class would feel better without having to fight tier 9s.

But this is a bit of a dickpunch to all of us we were hoping we might see a late war version, preferably as an optional side grade C hull for the tech Tree Colorado. It could really use some love.

--Helms

[90THC]
Members
101 posts
6,124 battles

Honestly, I'm not sure how WG could screw up something this simple. They must have known that people wanted a tier 7 retrofitted West Virginia, because people have only been talking about her for forever. She's also extremely unique in her refit, and ignoring that is ignoring what makes her special. WG must be extremely "special" themselves to mess something up this simple lol. They'd better change the name to Maryland and give us a proper WV at some point or they're gonna have another Alabama debacle on they're hands.

[-BMV-]
Members
284 posts
14,819 battles

pitchforks-at-the-rdy.jpg.db9a563581c6b667de8b468327c1c669.jpg

They better rename her Maryland.......

Edited by Sidelock
  • Cool 1

[KSE]
Members
7,837 posts
8,147 battles

While I agree with the sentiments expressed here, I caution you with this: Be careful what you wish for, WG has a habit of interpreting what we're saying to them completely wrong.

• Funny 1

[VVV]
Members
706 posts
11,005 battles

Leave it to Wargaming to screw up something so simple Just change her name to Maryland and give Us WeeVee at tier 7 which would make this all go away  

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,001 posts
4,214 battles
29 minutes ago, Lert said:

No need to scrap anything, simply rename this one Maryland, and give us a Puget Sound refit WV either at T7 with the Massachusetts treatment  or T8 as hyper-accurate sniping brick, still with enhanced secondaries.

I like this idea could be interesting 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,565 posts
7,884 battles

i knew there was going to be another one of these "gates" at some point, looks like its the West Virginia that takes the honor of being the next one

[-BMV-]
Members
284 posts
14,819 battles
14 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

While I agree with the sentiments expressed here, I caution you with this: Be careful what you wish for, WG has a habit of interpreting what we're saying to them completely wrong.

You mean Duke of York right?.As much as i like that ship i got to ask,  was that a punishment for the Alabama scandal?

Well, i can see Wargaming actually changing the name. After that, when they actually put West Virginia in the game, in the way we want, i can totally forsee them charging an insane amount of money for it, as a punishment.

Edited by Sidelock

Beta Testers
1,639 posts
3,820 battles
59 minutes ago, Lert said:

Totally on board with this as modeling ships take months of work even if it is an old A hull.

[_-_]
Members
1,628 posts
1 hour ago, Lert said:

I like your thinking. To take it one step further, take advantage of the design similarities of the Big Five. To wit:

Pop a set of New Mexico turrets on the Colorado A and voila!  The 1941 California or Tennessee.

• Cool 1

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,955 posts
9,222 battles
28 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

f7FdEdG.jpg

Seriously, just ask us CV players

"We want accurate planes to the ship planes, Graf Zeppelein, Enterprise, Kaga, Saipan, AP bombs, buffs to IJN planes, buffs to USN planes, a strike package with atleast 1 fighter", some went as far as "more action" - which gave us 2 broken CV's, one of which can't even be sold, and 2 that are debatable, plane changes made low tier AA way too low, and high tier way too high because of changes in things like speed and all, AP bombs are an issue, IJN planes more durable than USN's that are also faster than them, USN fighters so hilariously overbuffed they've foolishly down tiered them on 2 CV's, apparently not realizing DFE counteracts the DPS change and therefore is really just another ammo buff on op of the DFE skills, and the strike package we wanted becomig the default only setup you can use that is screwed against any CV with an extra fighter group, which is every CV above tier 6 that isn't USN tech tree, and "more action" got us strafing and manual drop, which account for in some manner or other 80-90% of the issues in balancing CV's. And that when we asked them to fix all that, their response was to completely shut us out, and develop the abomination of a rework they showed off that fixes pretty much none of what they actually want to fix. I mean seriously you think people that can't dodge torpedoes and gunfire they see 15-20 seconds out are going to dodge a wall of bullets and shrapnel?

And then even more topical - who else remembers when we asked for changes to DoY, so that it would choose between AA and a heal at the very least, and they said screw it and made it a crappier version of KGV. 

[TF-62]
2,417 posts
4,038 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

This is essentially what I just wrote in the announcement article. Kudos Lert. 

Members
570 posts
4,588 battles
1 hour ago, CatSnipah said:

As a native West Virginian, a graduate of WVU (where her mast resides today) and a fan of WWII history, I will be significantly disappointed if we do not get the post-Pearl Harbor WV refit.  She served with distinction, and deserves to be represented as such in our game.

I have no remote connection to the ship at all.  Like none.  And, I'd like refit version as well.

There, we've covered the whole range of players. 

• Cool 1

Members
570 posts
4,588 battles
49 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

So you're saying it's intentional...like WG is some sort evil Genie?  I like this line of thinking...  

[HINON]
Supertester
20,182 posts
13,636 battles
6 minutes ago, CG11_HoleSnipe said:

OK, so T6 1941 Maryland and California, and T7 1944 WeeVee and Tennessee? The 14" sisters got basically the same treatment as the WV.

T6 Maryland 1941, T7 California 1944, T8 West Virginia 1944.

Let me explain that last one for a bit. There are two ways to make the Puget Sound refit on WV work:

1) The Massachusetts treatment. Nerf the main battery compared to the same-tier sistership (Colorado) and significantly buff the secondaries. This works for Massachusetts because she has enough speed (if barely) to move into a position where her secondaries can be made to count. WV is significantly slower, and - although a tier lower - 21 knots is not sufficient to function even in a semi brawling role, at tier 7. So the design of the ship (21 knot speed, heavy secondary battery) would be at odds with itself, leading to frustrating play.

2) Treat the Puget Sound refit as a full tier upgrade and put her at tier 8. Boost her extremity armor to 32mm, buff her main armament to be more accurate, longer ranged and with better gun handling than Colorado because of 'more modern fire control' and still give her enhanced secondaries, though maybe not to the same level as Massachusetts. This pushes WV into the role of a hyper-accurate, long range sniper, a role where her slow speed is not as much of a bother as it is in a med / short range brawling role.

While the argument that we don't need more sniping battleships is a valid one, I still maintain that given the T8 treatment at least WV wouldn't be at odds with herself, and her slow speed wouldn't get in the way as much as it would in the Massachusetts-treatment road.

Plus, this way we would have three Colorados at three successive tiers, showing a clear evolution in design as well as performance.

• Cool 2

Members
403 posts
8,440 battles
1 hour ago, CatSnipah said:

Same with me, brother.  I want WV44.  

Go Mounties!

• Cool 1