You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Help Lert spend 450 tokens!

Which event captains should I get?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which event captains should I get?

• Golden Konung (French)
    • Pete Earthling (German)
    • LilFish OG (German)
    • Queen Bee (Japanese)
    • 110 .. uh ... 10010 - .. err ... That robot dolphin (Japanese)
    • Red Freedom (Russian)
    • Dart Norman (British)
    • Hzrzngh the Great (USN)
    • Cybermedes (USN)

46 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
20,182 posts
13,636 battles

So I have 525 anniversary tokens, and I'm not sure what to buy with them. Although 525 tokens would be converted to 7m+ credits when the patch lands, I already have 700m+ credits just sitting, so I don't need those either. I'm not particularly in need of camouflages either. I already have an American and a French Dasha, and I see no particular need for any more of those. Not in a particular shortage of signals either.

But then there are those April Fools event captains ... Who knows if / when they'll become available again ...

So I've decided to put up a poll of what special April Fools day event captain I should purchase.  Tomorrow I'll buy the three with the most votes. I don't specifically need captains of any nation so they'll probably sit bored in my barracks, but hey, maybe they'll find their way onto a ship, eventually. Who knows.

I'll just get some camos or signals for the remaining tokens.

<edit> Added mug shots of the candidates.

C6XuBdT.jpg

• Bad 1

Members
688 posts
832 battles
Just now, Lert said:

So I have 525 anniversary tokens, and I'm not sure what to buy with them. Although 525 tokens would be converted to 7m+ credits when the patch lands, I already have 700m+ credits just sitting, so I don't need those either. I'm not particularly in need of camouflages either. I already have an American and a French Dasha, and I see no particular need for any more of those. Not in a particular shortage of signals either.

But then there are those April Fools event captains ... Who knows if / when they'll become available again ...

So I've decided to put up a poll of what special April Fools day event captain I should purchase.  Tomorrow I'll buy the three with the most votes. I don't specifically need captains of any nation so they'll probably sit bored in my barracks, but hey, maybe they'll find their way onto a ship, eventually. Who knows.

I'll just get some camos or signals for the remaining tokens.

Giving them to be is a good option. I feel the fish one is a must buy personally.

Members
2,166 posts
8,336 battles
16 minutes ago, Lert said:

Personally, I spend all my tokens on those Leviathan signals that translate into getting free XP.  Who knows, I may need it for Alaska.  I just spend 750k on Kron, and back to 400k in just few days thanks to stacking the signals.

As far as captains, I found that special space captains don't provide anything "special", not voice pack not enhanced skills.  As it is, every ship I would want already has 19 point captain.  I did get Russian Dasha for the Kron and boosted her to 19 points.  I would probably want US captain for Alaska, but they gave us Halsey, and I already have him at 19 points along with John Doe.  I do own Paris space skin for Republique, the only space skin I own, and as much as I would want matching captain (LOL), I don't have the heart to replace Honore captain with enhanced skills.

Edited by Ramsalot

[HINON]
Supertester
20,182 posts
13,636 battles

@Ramsalot You just hit the nail on the head as for why these captains likely won't see much use. I'm no min-maxer by any amount of imagination, but I do like my 'speshul' captains, even if it's only in portrait and name.

I'm still sad they didn't let us keep the Russianbias captain. He would've found a permanent home on my Bogatyr.

[INTEL]
Members
6,941 posts
28,049 battles
2 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Leviathan flags. Many. Mucho. Lots. All of them.

^^This

[HINON]
Supertester
20,182 posts
13,636 battles
4 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Leviathan flags. Many. Mucho. Lots. All of them.

q7nqBUb.gif

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,763 posts
8,289 battles

After I got the two perma camos, I got one Dasha (Russian) and one Fishy and left it at that.  The rest I've been dumping into signal flags.

Members
2,166 posts
8,336 battles

@Lert see, my issue is that I don’t like when my time and effort is wasted for no benefit of any sort.  If I am to replace existing 19 point captain I want to have some kind of reasonble trade of.  I mean Dolphin captain better go all out Dolphin speak when torps are incoming, or my 19 pointer stays! :etc_swear:

Edited by Ramsalot
  • Cool 1

Members
614 posts
3,335 battles

Flags. I appreciate the event but the available rewards were pretty garbage.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
13,807 posts
8,895 battles

The first three space captains I bought were Lil Fish, Space Lizard and Space Dolphin to go with my ARP Bear, Southern Dragon and Anime Girls. Gotta stock up on weird captains. :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF9]
Members
7,948 posts
3,407 battles

Russian Dasha.  The permacamos I won't use this decade.  So signals.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,403 posts
10,158 battles

no where near the tokens the mighty Lert has, and after a Dasha I coudn't get another captain, but I really like the Dolphin, he's cool! I would get him next if I had the tokens.

[SFBG]
[SFBG]
Members
1,580 posts
8,160 battles

Another vote for robot dolphin... cuz, IT'S A ROBOT DOLPHIN.

[PVE]
Members
13,807 posts
8,895 battles
6 minutes ago, ___Oz___ said:

Lert you need Littlefish OG and the Dolphin.  Why have just one. :Smile_smile:

And the Space Lizard.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,230 posts
9,756 battles

I took the perma camo for Edin and one US Dasha captain for my DD.

I would recommend taking a British / French captain for the incoming DD line or flags / camo

[HINON]
Supertester
20,182 posts
13,636 battles
6 minutes ago, Alabamastan said:

when does the patch drop?

Very soon, either likely this week or next.