You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RealNewDeal

USS West Virginia In A Nutshell

41 comments in this topic

Members
688 posts
833 battles

WOWS Community: We want the West Virginia as the refit version for Tier 7.

WG Devs: Ok, so you want another stock hull downtier premium to complement the 20 of those we've released and are widely panned or despised. We listen to the community.

• Cool 7
  • Bad 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,380 posts
17,318 battles
26 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

WOWS Community: We want the West Virginia as the refit version for Tier 7.

WG Devs: Ok, so you want another stock hull downtier premium to complement the 20 of those we've released and are widely panned or despised. We listen to the community.

Meh, I think you overstate the complaints. Mutsu is a blast and I hear both positive and negative things about the Kii. 

You don't like it and want to complain? Cool, you're entitled.  But articulate your own view and don't speak for the community when there is far less consensus about these ships than you imply. If you can't construct a reasonable complaint without stooping to an unsupported whine of "but the community doesn't like it" then you must not actually have a case against it.

Edited by poeticmotion
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,127 posts
12,386 battles
2 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

Meh, I think you overstate the complaints. Mutsu is a blast and I hear both positive and negative things about the Kii. 

You don't like it and want to complain? Cool, you're entitled.  But articulate your own view and don't speak for the community when there is far less consensus about these ships than you imply. If you can't construct a reasonable complaint without stopping to an unsupported whine of "but the community doesn't like it" then you must not actually have a case against it.

Mutsu is a good ship regardless of what the IJN fans tell you.  West Virginia will likely be solid as well.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,909 posts
2,290 battles
Just now, crzyhawk said:

Mutsu is a good ship regardless of what the IJN fans tell you.  West Virginia will likely be solid as well.

Oh for pete's sake. When people asked for West Virginia,  they were asking for the 1944 WV!

• Cool 4

Members
688 posts
833 battles
2 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

You don't like it and want to complain? Cool, you're entitled.  But articulate your own view and don't speak for the community when there is far less consensus about these ships than you imply. If you can't construct a reasonable complaint without stopping to an unsupported whine of "but the community doesn't like it" then you must not actually have a case against it.

Multiple times when people mentioned the West Virginia or a Colorado premium all I heard and they said was a West Virginia refit. Mutsu has been panned as having nigh useless torps, being squishy, and shattering. Kii is a mixed bag. Ashitaka was terrible until recently now it's ok. People find the Krasny Krim fun, it's objective. Don't insult me and call me entitled just for making a joke out of community consensus. I have a reasonable complaint, those being all those reskinned premiums.

Members
688 posts
833 battles
2 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I know the West Virginia will be solid, it's just a secondary or AA build one would have been more interesting.

[AXANR]
Members
3,380 posts
17,318 battles
Just now, RealNewDeal said:

Multiple times when people mentioned the West Virginia or a Colorado premium all I heard and they said was a West Virginia refit. Mutsu has been panned as having nigh useless torps, being squishy, and shattering. Kii is a mixed bag. Ashitaka was terrible until recently now it's ok. People find the Krasny Krim fun, it's objective. Don't insult me and call me entitled just for making a joke out of community consensus. I have a reasonable complaint, those being all those reskinned premiums.

I don't see where I insulted you. I said you were entitled to complain. Context is your friend. I just pointed out that if your whole complaint consists of "waaaah the community doesn't like it," your argument is weak as you are not the spokesperson for the community.

Grow up and articulate your own reasons to complain. I know you can do it if you just try.

• Boring 1

[SVF]
Members
1,109 posts
1,432 battles
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

West Virginia will likely be solid as well.

It won't be, with the current hull/stats.  Not fast like Mutsu, not as good AA as Mutsu  (her hull actually has some long range AA), 8000 health less than Mutsu.  Besides concealment  (which won't matter since she will be permaspotted by aircraft) and maybe TDS , there is little to nothing she is comparable in.

Members
688 posts
833 battles
Just now, poeticmotion said:

I just pointed out that if your whole complaint consists of "waaaah the community doesn't like it," your argument is weak as you are not the spokesperson for the community.

Grow up and articulate your own reasons to complain. I know you can do it if you just try.

Never said I was a spokesperson, other people have made threads about the West Virginia not being a Tier 7 refit. Also how can someone not be insulted when asked to "Grow up" and have their joke argument be characterized as whining like a child?

1 minute ago, landcollector said:

It won't be, with the current hull/stats.  Not fast like Mutsu, not as good AA as Mutsu  (her hull actually has some long range AA), 8000 health less than Mutsu.  Besides concealment  (which won't matter since she will be permaspotted by aircraft) and maybe TDS , there is little to nothing she is comparable in.

The big thing is the probable case of the armor scheme being identical to the Colorado and not having those glass shells the Mutsu has.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,127 posts
12,386 battles

She's got much better armor than the Mutsu has.  Arizona is quite solid, and this ship will hit harder and much more stealthily.  Just like the Mutsu, this is nothing more than a complaint that "it's not EXACTLY what I wanted."  Would I have preferred a T7 refit?  Maybe.  It's not worth rioting over, and will likely be a good ship.

Edited by crzyhawk
  • Cool 3

Members
688 posts
833 battles
6 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

She's got much better armor than the Mutsu has.  Arizona is quite solid, and this ship will hit harder and much more stealthily.  Just like the Mutsu, this is nothing more than a complaint that "it's not EXACTLY what I wanted."  Would I have preferred a T7 refit?  Maybe.  It's not worth rioting over, and will likely be a good ship.

Wasn't rioting over it, I was just pointing out how the community wanted for a while something different. Being essentially an Arizona hull with more stealth and 16inch guns that don't shatter, I feel this will be a great ship.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,127 posts
12,386 battles

You may not have been, but plenty of other USN fans are.  There's a lot of negative things that can be said about me.  Being a hypocrite on down tiered stock hulls, isn't going to be one of them.

[AXANR]
Members
3,380 posts
17,318 battles
13 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

Never said I was a spokesperson, other people have made threads about the West Virginia not being a Tier 7 refit. Also how can someone not be insulted when asked to "Grow up" and have their joke argument be characterized as whining like a child?

I mean, you accused me of insulting you when I didn't, so I stopped being civil. 

You still haven't been able to articulate a clear reason why you're complaining other than the community not liking it. I'll assume you focusing on whether I'm insulting you is more evidence you don't have a valid reason.

Members
688 posts
833 battles
Just now, poeticmotion said:

I mean, you accused me of insulting you when I didn't, so I stopped being civil. 

You still haven't been able to articulate a clear reason why you're complaining other than the community not liking it. I'll assume you focusing on whether I'm insulting you is more evidence you don't have a valid reason.

The only reason why I made a joke was because the community asked for something else. I never said I had more reasons.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
18,056 posts
10,495 battles
21 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I like the idea of the pre-Pearl Harbor WV. We need more lattice masts in the game.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,127 posts
12,386 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

I like the idea of the pre-Pearl Harbor WV. We need more lattice masts in the game.

Amen to that.  Those cage masts are just sexy.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,412 posts
10,180 battles
51 minutes ago, RealNewDeal said:

I sure like my Mutsu...the torps are a bonus and I seem to get a few hits with them now and then...oh and their amazingly fast reload!   I don't find her very squishy either...maybe I got the good one out of the bunch :)

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,909 posts
2,290 battles
30 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

USS Maryland CAN be that. There's no need to have Wee Vee be that hull they want to sell.

Members
21,186 posts
5,686 battles
1 hour ago, Hurlbut said:

Oh for pete's sake. When people asked for West Virginia,  they were asking for the 1944 WV!

Don't worry, it'll come at some point. Every ship you've ever even barely heard of will be added at some point, as they run out of easy ones. Just like WoT.

My only issue is that I have a bad feeling that, unlike WoT, where a lot of obscure vehicles became part of sub-lines in the tech tree, I think we're going to basically see complete tech trees, maybe some more full on line splits, and lots of premiums.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,646 posts
611 battles
1 hour ago, poeticmotion said:

Meh, I think you overstate the complaints.

Everyone who's shown interest in West Virginia has done so because of it's post-Pearl refit. Nobody wants a stock Colorado when the non-stock Colorado is garbage.

They should put the post-Pearl refit of West Virginia on the tech tree and place the current Colorado as the premium. Because it's pretty much a tier 6 as it is now. 

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
651 posts
2,875 battles

I'm okay with stock Colorado at tier 6 on the face of it. But this likely means we're not going to get the refit configuration, ever. And that's a bit of a dickpunch.

Colorado could really use some help right now, and a 1944 refit version as an optional C hull side grade, would go a long way toward making that ship competitive to play.

--Helms

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,999 posts
4,848 battles

How disappointing....seriously...the player base has clamored for the modern version since alpha. 

• Cool 1

[ASRN]
Beta Testers
373 posts
2,920 battles
25 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Don't worry, it'll come at some point. Every ship you've ever even barely heard of will be added at some point, as they run out of easy ones. Just like WoT.

My only issue is that I have a bad feeling that, unlike WoT, where a lot of obscure vehicles became part of sub-lines in the tech tree, I think we're going to basically see complete tech trees, maybe some more full on line splits, and lots of premiums.

Here's a really easy one:  Pennsylvania -- Arizona's sister.   I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up a downtiered reskin.

• Cool 1

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
651 posts
2,875 battles
51 minutes ago, Ann_Darrow said:

Here's a really easy one:  Pennsylvania -- Arizona's sister.   I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up a downtiered reskin.

Penna (in late war guise) would make more sense as a tech tree tier 6 in an alternate line.

--Helms